"Rebel" Mandalorian?

Account Deactivated
    From
    Providence, RI

"Rebel" Mandalorian?

Is there any reason why it would be impossible to believe that a Mandalore warrior could decide that it was in his best interest to join the Rebel Alliance?

I've been thinking about incorporating the Rebel Alliance logo into the armor somehow.

Here's the rough design I'm working on right now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails draft1-jpg  

From
    Alberta,Canada

Re: "Rebel" Mandalorian?

cool...would he have an orange flight suit under the armour????

Account Deactivated
    From
    Providence, RI

I haven't decided yet. I've always found that orange to be kinda 'loud' and not very practical from a "I've crashed on a hostile planet and I have to sit tight and try not to get killed or captured while waiting for extraction" point of view.

From
    Alberta,Canada

If you could pm me a blank template I would be much appreciated....I would love to play with it in photoshop...Thanks Dude

Account Deactivated
    From
    Providence, RI

Wildabeast said: View Post
    If you could pm me a blank template I would be much appreciated....I would love to play with it in photoshop...Thanks Dude
    How's this?

http://members.cox.net/asylumcollect...F_Template.jpg

Photoshop template
    http://members.cox.net/asylumcollect...F_Template.psd

formerly Boba_Fett_03 Duran_Lomax's Avatar
    From
    Colorado

Is there any reason why it would be impossible to believe that a Mandalore warrior could decide that it was in his best interest to join the Rebel Alliance?

Generally, Mandalorians sided with the Empire; they assisted in the Jedi Purge. But just because the majority sided with Imperials doesn't mean that all of them did; some could have had Rebel sympathies and joined them. After all, combat was a big thing for Mandos, and what better adversary was there than the Empire?

From
    Boerne, Texas, United States

Fenn Shysa joined the Rebels in the classic marvel comic series though I dont believe he changed his armor.

Account Deactivated
    From
    Providence, RI

TxFett said: View Post
    Fenn Shysa joined the Rebels in the classic marvel comic series though I dont believe he changed his armor.
    I'm just thinking of adding a flaming Rebel Alliance logo to a shoulder plate at this point. As for changing armor, my armor is only STARTING at Boba Fett. I'm making serious changes including an 'enviro-pack' backpack with a hose to the helmet, visible leather straps to attach the armor and heavy jumpboots.

From
    Alberta,Canada

Sweet thanks for the templates

From
    Saginaw, Michigan

im with ya asylum my mando does work for the rebellion, hey its a job n were all just tryin ta make our way in the universe but yeah rebel mandos are a cool idea mines just got his normal paint scheme and every thing, but i like your concept so far ill be watchin this with interest

From
    Watford, England

"Rebel" Mandalorian?, "Rebel" Mandalorian? you say ! can this be, one of us a "Rebel" ............ Why not.......

From
    Pennsylvania

In SWG, there is some cool looking rebel armor... Maybe you could use the color scheme from these. Also, its not shown in the pic, but they have the logo on the shoulder as well as the chest. The second one down is my personal fave, and with the weathering, its a sure shot for a reb mando.

I don't see any reason why a Mando would work with the Rebels, such as Fenn Shysa previously mentioned. In fact, my Mando's backstory includes interacting with the Rebellion on a frequent basis. A Symbiotic relationship-they had something I wanted (Credits), I had something they wanted (Ships, fighters, and weapons stolen from various places). It was a relationship that worked quite well for both sides...This reminds me that I've been neglecting working on my backstory again...So if you want a rebel Mando, by all means write him right into your own saga...

These images are from Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. I just don't know if he is a Mandolorian or a Jedi?

I don't know if this helps, but here you go!
    Last edited by fightstar; Feb 15, 2007 at 1:25 PM. Reason: forgot to add text

Account Deactivated
    From
    Providence, RI

I saw those yesterday and they really started me thinking. Thanks for posting them. I can't wait to find out this guy's backstory.

Account Deactivated
    From
    Providence, RI

Just kicking around ideas in photoshop for a shoulder mark.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rebel-mandalore-jpg  

Vaders_Pet

fightstar said: View Post
    These images are from Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. I just don't know if he is a Mandolorian or a Jedi?

I don't know if this helps, but here you go!

Just down the bottom there, in the left hand corner, the name of the sketch is "jedi general" so i'd say he is a renegade that survived order 66. But he definately has pieces of mando hardware on him, those gauntlets for starters.

As far as mando's go, the very few left by the end of the clone wars would be taking any jobs they thought would get them the most money, they would not be involving themselves in any major political struggles, you jsut have to look at their past to see why they would opt oout of such a fight.

There might be some out there with the veiw point of fett(from the novels) believing that the empire, while corrupt is still the legal ruler of the galaxy, and until such point that changes he will work for them.
    Last edited by Vaders_Pet; Mar 3, 2007 at 8:42 PM.

Account Deactivated
    From
    Providence, RI

But might it be reasonable to believe that a Mandalorian might find the advantages to having the Imperial military machine busily hunting Rebels. And he might even go so far as to help them now and again. And, after a while, he may be swayed to their way of thinking and instead of just being a gun for hire, he is a true believer.

I think we've seen precedent, with a certain someone named Solo, that people are capable of coming a long way for the right cause.

sorry to drop this bomb but don;t get to attached to this jedi general. i belive (and this is me thinking, not truth) he will be dying in the new star wars game. I forget this name but he is a new jedi general along with shak-ti in the new game were you are vaders aprentice......

Name is General Kota.

Why canīt he be both, Jedi AND Mando ? Who says there couldnīt be any forceusers under the mandalorians ?

From
    somewhere on an unknown battlefield...

Sure. You got Jusik Bardon who seems to have become a Mando under Kal Skirata, and Etain Tur-Mukan could possibly be construde as a Mando since she's pretty much married to Darman.

From
    Saginaw, Michigan

jusik did say if he had to pic hed choose the mando life over the order if i member right

It Generl Kota he's a Jedi from the clone wars that's why his armour is mandolorian because of the cole influence

From
    Albany, KY and Oklahoma City, OK

Kota's armor isn't mandalorian, just similar... It actually very closely resembles some of the rebel armor from Galaxies and the Jedi armor from the new SWTOR MMORPG. As for the "rebel" mandalorian part... Mando'ade are mercenaries at heart, and by definition that means that allegiances are very easily shifted. Not to mention that mandos have no love for the Empire according to any of the cannon sources. Boba just worked for credits is all.

Oh, and just a side note... the orange rebel flightsuit isn't intended for being downed on a planet and being forced to evade. It's intended for exo-atmospheric bailout. The bright color would, in theory aid in recovery of a pilot who had to punch out. TIE pilots in contrast would be much harder to find due to their black flightsuits. That being said, Rebel pilots can be noted wearing orange, red, grey and green flightsuits in ROTJ.