Subscribe
    Oct 23, 2008, 1:32 AM - Prox Lamif armor #1

Well I'm a long time fan of the 501st and shortly after finding this group as well as few others I've decided to make my own armor. So after many years of having my own concept doodles I've chosen to go with a character I've created named Prox Lamif.

Construction is cheap for me because I have lots of cardboard laying around from my Lego building hobby, and because I work in a sporting goods store with the amazing discount of 40% off of almost everything.

So without further a due! http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=187675
    [IMG]
    Last edited by FoxPrimus101; Dec 7, 2008 at 11:01 AM.
  2. Member Since
    May 2008
    Oct 23, 2008, 7:53 AM - Re: Prox Lamif armor #2

Liking the design there... might be kinda tricky, but should be sweet looking.
    Oct 23, 2008, 8:08 AM - Re: Prox Lamif armor #3

Looking Great!!!! What kind of armor/protection are you using in the third pic?
  4. I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    Oct 23, 2008, 9:47 AM - Re: Prox Lamif armor #4

Looks like motorcycle racing padding?

Nice helmet concept! What is the shape of those parts on the dome?
    Oct 23, 2008, 9:52 AM - Re: Prox Lamif armor #5

Quote Odran Kor said: View Post
    Looking Great!!!! What kind of armor/protection are you using in the third pic?

They're SP CCM Vector 04 SR. hockey shoulder pads. More info on them here http://www.sportmart.ca/store/2produ...QJQ8A4SLE3DUN6
    Oct 23, 2008, 10:05 AM - Re: Prox Lamif armor #6

Quote NovallTalon said: View Post
    Looks like motorcycle racing padding?

Nice helmet concept! What is the shape of those parts on the dome?

Ermmm well good question! I've recently seen another member on here with a red and grey helmet with similar shapes on his helmet that I plan to have as head lamps but with mine I plan to stretch the "hood scoop" shapes all the way to the back of the helmet. lol I haven't gotten that far just yet as I still need to cut out the cheeks and form those but I'm workin on it!
    Oct 25, 2008, 2:51 PM - Re: Prox Lamif armor #7

Ok well I got a few more pic's for you guy and gals. Sorry about the slowness of my little project, my family was in town visiting for a week so I haven't had much time to work on it.

8. Member Since
    Dec 2006
    Oct 26, 2008, 5:53 AM - Re: Prox Lamif armor #8

You are truly talented. I like the hockey pads. They have a nice shape to them. It'll be cool to see what you do with them.
    Nov 2, 2008, 3:08 AM - Re: Prox Lamif armor #9

Well I have been stuck on if I should bondo and pollish my helmet before doing the head lamps or if I should work them onto the helmet the bondo and pollish around them. To be honest the biggest problem I'm having at the time is getting the shape right so these pics will show what I'm thinking of going with.

Once again more photo's in the link http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=187675
    Dec 30, 2008, 1:00 AM - Re: Prox Lamif armor #10

Well I've been a busy beaver with the holidays N' all, but I have found some more time to work on my helmet!

I've got some pic's of my scanner, paint samples to give everyone an idea of what I'm going with. The pearl green for the visor and orange with copper splash for the base color, then I'm thinking either straight copper or black greebles and or highlights. Also included the first layer of bondo started but I still need to give it a second coat and do a tone of touch up still.

Soo here's a few pics for you guys & gals.

Of course all photo's can be found here ---> http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=187675
    Dec 30, 2008, 7:58 AM - Re: Prox Lamif armor #11

Looking good. I like your approach to the range finder!
  12. Member Since
    May 2008
    Dec 30, 2008, 9:13 PM - Re: Prox Lamif armor #12

Beautiful looking. Love the scotch tape dispenser for the range finder It does actually give a great look to it.
    Dec 31, 2008, 4:59 PM - Re: Prox Lamif armor #13

Quote Runtman said: View Post
    Beautiful looking. Love the scotch tape dispenser for the range finder It does actually give a great look to it.
    lol thanks! I really wanted to go with something more original looking and I had an empty tape dispenser after X-mas wrapping and it hit me like a bolt of lightening. I think the best thing about that piece is if you cut away all the excess that you don't need it really has a lot of detail to it!

I'm actually using quite a bit of Lego parts on this helmet. The ranger finder has some bits of Lego in it, the head lamp will use a Lego Technic 2 piece LED light that connects via snapping into Lego plates, and still planing to use some Lego for detail on my gauntlets.