Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Subscribe
    Dec 30, 2006, 5:42 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #126

Fantastic! Sounds like your having a good time.

Ya know, I'm trying to work on a lil prop business (still going through the preproduction stuff). I'll take a look aorund and see what I can do about the Rawk Chopped Special. If someone oculd get me as much photo resource as possbile (like a scan of every picture in the comic of it, no joke) that would VERY helpful. I ask for all of them since comic artists don't always keep things uniform thorugh the comics. Thanks a bunch!

Also, is this a two shot only gun (double barrels), or does it have a magazine of some sort? The explanation is quite vag about that.

edit: Of course I just realized something: In the Legacy 0 issue, the page that has Cade's Rawk Chopped Special (RCS) there's a picture of him with some gauntlets. To me, the right arm gaunt looks like Klingon gauntlets, while the other seems to be a data pad with two straps at the fore and back end of it which ais wrapped aorund the arm. Now I haven't read the Legacy series (shopping at eBay time) but that's what it looks like to me: (and yes, that's the best picture I could find that I could actually get)
    Last edited by Toragh; Dec 30, 2006 at 6:15 PM.
    Dec 30, 2006, 7:29 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #127

Weird, my issue 0 has different pics, I hadn't seen those gauntlets before. I had only seen him wearing the red wrist wraps like you wear in martial arts under your gloves. Interesting to note that his armour is closer to Fett armour (ab piece especially) and he has what looks like a neck seal.
    Dec 30, 2006, 7:43 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #128

Like we said, comic artists ain't always consitent...
    Dec 30, 2006, 9:27 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #129

Yay I got my chest plates done! I'm in the proccess of painting. I really want that template for the back so hurry!
    Dec 31, 2006, 2:36 AM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #130

Holy ****.... How do you attach the plates???
  6. I helped at SDCC '08 The Clayster's Avatar
    Dec 31, 2006, 2:53 AM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #131

like to eachother? front side to back side?
    or??
    Dec 31, 2006, 12:26 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #132

For the front plates I used wide strips of leather running down the inside. Each strip connects 2 segments. The leather is contact cemented to the sintra. of course you could also use extra material from the armour, it just wont be as flexible. For attaching over the shoulders, get someone to hold the armour against you, while you take a piece of leather and hold it where you want it strapped. Measure the length of leather you need, then attach.
    Dec 31, 2006, 3:04 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #133

Looking great so far..
    Dec 31, 2006, 3:41 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #134

Thanks Shatir
    Dec 31, 2006, 6:18 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #135

for an airsoft conversion, there are 2 that you could use , one for the grip and back part, and the rest for the double barrels, but there's still a bit of greebles to sort out. I think makign it ouw od wood, PVC, ect would be the best way to go if you want to get an accurate looking one. However this is based on the judgement of only seeing ONE side of it, so if someone could please scan all the reference available in the comics, that would be great! Just pm me so I can give you my e-mail address. I dont need far shots, just the best refernce pics that you think I could use. Again, thanks a bunch!
    Jan 1, 2007, 6:37 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #136

What are you guys doing for A shirt?
    Jan 1, 2007, 8:07 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #137

I'm just using a black tanktop. I'm not going to bother ripping the edges because I still want to be able to use it as an actual tanktop, and not just for a costume. I've got my red wristwraps done, and I'll work on the sash soon. I'll get some more pics up at that stage.
    Jan 2, 2007, 12:04 AM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #138

Ladies and Gents here are the templates for your back plates... i do so hope they help. if they are to big for yea (these were made for medium size) let me know and i will shrink them

there are 4 templates, the one marked E is if u want to do a 2 peice back armor (which is longer then the one peice one). Input is always wanted so these templates can be made better. once these and the chest ones are finalized by you guys (by that, if everyone agree's they good) then i go ahead and repost the finalized copies.

Edit: these temps were to wroung and too big. redoing for your conviniance
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Marx Tandish; Jan 2, 2007 at 1:33 PM.
    Jan 2, 2007, 12:05 AM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #139

o and if u want me to start helpin with the Rock Chop shotgun... let me know

i just need pics and the size u would want
    Jan 2, 2007, 12:28 AM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #140

Templates look good, ner vode. I'll try and gather some pictures for the Rawk, but I don't quite have the inclination to start building mine just yet. I'll see what progress pops up here first. Plus I have lots of my blaster building materials at my parents' home 800km away, so I'll need to pick some of that stuff up when I go home for my reading break.
    Jan 2, 2007, 6:43 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #141

Hey Shatir, that armour is looking reall good! Thanks for the info on attatcing the armour. I had thought of making a vest like with Fett armour, but that will be too difficult, so probably will copy ur idea and attachet it all with leather.

I think i am going to skip the back plate, i'm not making a Cade costume, and my character wont ever be shot in the back, and more importantly I cant take too much stuff with me when i go to C4!!!!

Well hope fully if i dont have to many distractions (women) when I get home i should be able to sand and shape my armour this weekend!!!! Lets hope!
    Jan 2, 2007, 10:01 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #142

redone back plates. should fit mjuch better i think. if not let me know and i can change them back!

Back Plates.zip

when and were is C4?
    Jan 3, 2007, 12:14 AM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #143

C4 is May 24-28 in Los Angeles. I bought some leather and started work on a Cade belt tonight. I'm not in the mood to upload pics at every other step, however, so I'll get a whole bunch of pics up at the end of the week.
    Jan 4, 2007, 6:38 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #144

Sry I didn't get my pics up, my internet wa screwed up yesterday. It's my Birthday today! Yay!
    Jan 5, 2007, 9:29 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #145

Awesome costume. I'm working on one myself for D*Con. I was planning on doing the breastplate out of leather myself. Anyone else going that route? Just looking at the pics it looks more organic to me.

I'm also planning on taking a few liberties with the Rawk. I'm approaching this costume the way one would if they were doing it for a movie. Going to use the airsoft pistol grip shotgun as a base. I'll be posting pics when I get going.

-Chris
  21. I helped at SDCC '08 The Clayster's Avatar
    Jan 5, 2007, 9:42 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #146

Quote Darasuum_Verd said: View Post
    Sry I didn't get my pics up, my internet wa screwed up yesterday. It's my Birthday today! Yay!
    happy late birthday!!
    Jan 5, 2007, 9:59 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #147

lol, thanks!
    Jan 7, 2007, 11:34 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #148

So, here's what I have done so far: The armour is for the most part done, though I'm thinking of a couple of tweaks, the wristwraps are done, the belt is done, the sash is in progress, I need to iron it so it stays wrinkled.

Jan 8, 2007, 1:48 AM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #149

Holy ****! Other then the fact that you need a different pair of pants that;s awsome. Um 2 things: WHere did you get that red shiny cloth, how did you attach it and Maybe.... nvm. It's awsome BTW you look evil in that pic, Red eye and all
    Jan 8, 2007, 3:41 AM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #150

sweeeeet. is the cloth that shiny? or was it the flash