Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Subscribe
    Dec 8, 2006, 8:34 AM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #51

Hi,

Sorry to be a pain in the ***, but could somebody please advise me on the best way to print out these templates, I am trying to use the first set Marx posted on the 6th. However they are huge, just wondering what scale is needed. I'm anout 5'11" and of normal build.

Pete
    Dec 8, 2006, 10:18 AM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #52

heya pete

when you make the vest just make the back one panel with out the zipper in it

i think in legacy 3 it shows the back plate

for the RAWK im getting mine custome made out of aluminium from a friend of mine that makes his own paintball guns
  3. I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    Dec 8, 2006, 1:46 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #53

Hmmm Rion, making a Cade costume? Is this your next big project?

Dec 8, 2006, 5:50 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #54

yea its been on and off since comic con
    Dec 8, 2006, 6:14 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #55

wait the ones i posted on the 6th are still to big?... but it fit in the forum!!!
    aaaight dude ummm if it won't open, try it in photoshop. if not i'm sorry and will modify it again to make it smaller.... blasted photoshop... try the one link above the template chest peice you can see in the forum... that should work

Rion... yea we make this costume good when WE make it for yea... i want to help please??..??

korran: yes use the templates, the trash can method should work. cut out the template, draw it on the can, cut it out, shape it. Shapeing is easy when you put the plastic in the oven on like what 250? maybe lower. i never used that method so no clue.
    Second, use the templates there here for everyone!, if you want a vest just slip over then you sew the back, sew the two peices together instead of putting in a zipper. If yea got a mom handy ask her.
    Dec 8, 2006, 7:30 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #56

They opened fine for me, if that's any consilation (sp?)
    Dec 8, 2006, 8:32 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #57

no im not asking for another diagram just a lil advice and thats exactly what i got thx all and it opens fine and ill just do a boba back its easyr than searching for my comic in my boxes-o-**** i just moved from portland OR to Asoria OR if any one is in that area plz tell me so i can get in person help.....
    Dec 8, 2006, 11:54 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #58

Quote MandalorFett said: View Post
    Ok, run on sentence and spelling errors overlooked.

Who is Cade Skywalker? And where does he fit in the EU?

The Legacy series of DarkHorse Comics takes place 100 years after the events taking place in the newest Legacy of the Force books (You ALL MUST READ Bloodlines!)-give or take a year or two...I've been following them pretty closely, along with the "Knight of the Old Republic" comics as they show soooooooo many good images of ancient Mandalorians battle armor-and it is as unique and varied as are the Mando who wears it...Sorry for the novel, just thought some of you might want to look into it further for inspiration...

Dec 9, 2006, 12:14 AM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #59

I love the Lagacy of the Force Series (Half way through Tempest) and I love the Legacy Comic book series. I would like to see or even make a Cade costume
    Dec 9, 2006, 12:46 AM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #60

Go for it! It looks like it would be alot easier to put together than the average Boba costume. Or you would think so anyway...I'm about half way through Tempest and I'm extremely excited by a long-lived character who actually saw Anakin Skywalker win the Boontah Eve(sp???) podrace in Episode 1, and has come into Han and Leia's lives-that's about as far as I've gotten...I don't want to spoil the persons identity, it should be a total surprise as it was for me. It made my day!

Dec 9, 2006, 2:27 AM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #61

im interested as to see who is going the extra mile with this being that hes a Face Character =) ive got my hair almost to the right bleach stage still a bit yellow and goatee im also pondering getting his tattoo as well
    Dec 9, 2006, 7:22 AM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #62

I'm not acctually aiming to be Cade for C4, I'm designing my own character, who wears armour similar to Cade's, but with a different colour scheem. I too have been thinking of getting Cade's tattoo since i saw it in Legacy 0. I think it would look cool oposite my Mandalorian tatt , although it would add me to yet another faction as i have the imp logo on my right shoulder.

Well, I think i just about have the templates sorted, I have done them 2 different sizes, and just need to decided which fit best. I think the biggest problem is going to be finding the oval trash can to make the armour, as I have no idea where to begin looking in Madrid. If i was back in England, i wouldn't have a problem finding stuff like this, I might have to wait till I go home at Xmas.

For the vest I think i will ask my mum, while i'm at home, but I have the feeling she will laugh at me .
    Dec 9, 2006, 4:11 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #63

you would be suprised on how nice mum can be... i had to ask my mom to help me with my first projects and she was more then happy!

templates worked for you to?... can i say they are a sucess?
    Dec 11, 2006, 2:37 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #64

Ok, well i think I now have my templates at the right size.

After a weekend of searching Madrid for oval dustbins...I found none, the closest I got was ribbed, so gave up on that idea.

After an afternnon of seaching for sheets of pvc sintra i was finally sent to a place that was pretty much the home of plastic. I managed to pick up some 2 mm plastic. From my very very basic Spanish I believe that it can be molded easily with a heat gun, and painted with spray paint. Any way if it doesnt work out, and can just buy some more...it only cost me 3 for a sheet about 1mx1.5m. So i cant really complain, it wont break the bank if i have to go back. But if i do i will be sure to take somebody that speaks the language.

So will post again once I se what happens.
    Dec 11, 2006, 4:07 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #65

some advice, though it's common knowledge so you probably already know this (I learned this to late): Sand the plastic a bit before you want to get the paint to cling to the plastic!
    Dec 11, 2006, 6:22 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #66

to answer your question yes they were a success and ill post pics after christmas thats when i get my new camera...so stey in touch....thx by
    Last edited by Memnon Fett; Dec 11, 2006 at 10:56 PM.
    Dec 11, 2006, 7:24 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #67

Thanks for the advise Toragh. I was going to start looking into painting the armour once it is all cut out and shaped. One of my friends is a good artist and has offered to help, and creat a design for me. Once i have some progress pics i will post them, although i dont think i will get much done before the new year.

All advise is welcome, even when it has been heard before.
    Dec 11, 2006, 7:58 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #68

.. oven? i know heat guns work and all but an oven set to 250, put it on an oven sheet and let it sit for a minit max (you should watch and test it) makes it like... well paper i guess. easy to form and quick to cool, then hyper cool it in some cold water (run cold water over it). keeps its form and everything!... that and if yea don;t like the way it turned out the oven is still on.
    Dec 12, 2006, 3:44 AM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #69

Thanks for the advise on that one Marx, but there is one problem, I dont have an oven!!! I know it seems strange, but many houses here in Spain dont have ovens. Common senses tells me a micro wave wont do the job, but u know what they say about common sense being no match for natural stupidity!
    Dec 12, 2006, 10:14 AM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #70

ah then heres the soloution if its going to be Sintra you are working with boil some water in a large enough pot then soak the sintra for a few mins till its plyable then shape it
    Dec 12, 2006, 10:16 AM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #71

ah then heres the soloution if its going to be Sintra you are working with boil some water in a large enough pot then soak the sintra for a few mins till its plyable then shape it
    Try a large turkey pan, that should be big enough.
    Dec 12, 2006, 10:52 AM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #72

bending sintra in a oven pan full of boiling what lead to me burning my fingers! ...and a well shaped chestplate8) ....(fair trade i think)....
    Dec 12, 2006, 3:46 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #73

haha the bopiling water got me all wet when going to shape it upon myself..... use tongs if i may be so bold BTW... hahahahahahhahaha.. VOD white wolf.
    Dec 15, 2006, 2:25 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #74

Wow, crazy.....I too have decided I may attempt a Cade Skywalker.......My first open faced costume. I'll deffintly use those templates you guys have up there for my base. Thanks!
  25. I helped at SDCC '08 The Clayster's Avatar
    Dec 15, 2006, 5:08 PM - Re: New Project (Cade Skywalker) #75

PM me pics now?
    even if you have some saved on your PC already, or if you have a camera phone