Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Oct 27, 2008, 2:18 AM - New Mando'ade #1

Hi Im Dustin and I am relatively new to the site, and to the whole idea. I have had the thought about making some beskar'gam for a while, and would love to have mine complete (well at least the basics taken care of) in roughly 3 years. I have already begun working on my buy'ce and my Verpine Shatter Pistol (which will be my main weap.) and am considering looking into the nerf's for some side arms.
    I am basing the entire notion of my beskar'gam off my character on a SW Forum based RPG.

I am using a Lacrosse Helmet to make my buy'ce so I would like to know if anyone else has tried this, or if they can think of some reasonable way to make it applicable.

For my VSP I am using my old Spyder paintball gun, I took out all the CO2 hoses and the hopper connector to make it look less like a PB Gun and make it inoperable. Now I need to make some modifications to it or else I will look like I am packing a real weapon to the untrained eye. Maybe Sintra moldings to go over the sides and such, so I need some help with ideas on that.

Which brings me to sintra what is it, where can I find it, and roughly how much does it cost?
  2. Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Oct 27, 2008, 2:20 AM - Re: New Mando'ade #2

Here is my VSP with the barrel:

Without the barrel:

To give you all a rough idea as to how it looks. I would like to add a scope to it and think I might have one laying about that I can custom rig a connector piece to the bottom of to have it more easily attached to the VSP.
  3. Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Oct 27, 2008, 2:23 AM - Re: New Mando'ade #3

As to my buy'ce like I said I used a Lacrosse "Stryke" helmet so I have NO room inside the helmet to add gadgets, so the only way I see that coming about is taking a sawzall to it and cutting out slots to insert the gadgetry into and adding sintra over and repainting the add ons.

Buy'ce Stock:

Buy'ce after paint with the T-Visor "cut" area taped out:

Another angle of the Buy'ce:
  4. Oct 27, 2008, 3:05 PM - Re: New Mando'ade #4

I used a bicycle helmet for the dome area and used WOF's Templates to build face/side area. I cut the sides of the bicycle helmet w/ a dremel then sanded it down to where it was straight across. I was going to use one of my old hockey helmets to make another scratch helmet using the same idea.
  5. Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Oct 27, 2008, 5:31 PM - Re: New Mando'ade #5

Hmm sounds interesting so basically dremel out the sides of the helm? I i could do that but...idk I think it would make it a tighter fit LMAO
    Oct 27, 2008, 8:03 PM - Re: New Mando'ade #6

Mando'ade
    "Mando'ade, it what the astronauts drink."

Sorry, I can't help myself sometimes!

I can't wait to see your Spyder modified up, speaking of which, were you able to find anywhere that sells sintra? I purchase mine at www.usplastics.com considering there aren't any stores who sell it localy.
  7. Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Oct 27, 2008, 11:48 PM - Re: New Mando'ade #7

Not yet, i haven't really started looking for sintra I am on a tight budget so I am going to try and hold onto my money. I might use a "For Sale" sign or something to that nature.

My spyder is looking decent, Friday I will be getting more paint for it, and I might start working on a bracket to mount a scope on the top.
  8. formerly joNich
    Oct 29, 2008, 3:01 PM - Re: New Mando'ade #8

That helmet will make for a very interesting base. Can't wait to see some progress.
  9. Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Oct 30, 2008, 12:37 AM - Re: New Mando'ade #9

I am adding the new pics I have to my photobucket I will be posting them soon XD
  10. Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Oct 30, 2008, 12:39 AM - Re: New Mando'ade #10

Here are the cheek structures without "masking" tape LMAO

Here it is again after being customized a lil more: