Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Oct 2006
    Oct 20, 2006, 1:06 PM - New kind of armor #1

I want to do something no fan as ever done before. Make a full set of Boba fett armor out of titanium with the visor onthe helmet as bullet proof glass. How do i bend the metal to my body size?
    Oct 20, 2006, 1:10 PM - Re: New kind of armor #2

Bullet-proof glass is going to be really thick and heavy, and expensive.
    Oct 20, 2006, 1:12 PM - Re: New kind of armor #3

Quote Rc01-35 said: View Post
    I want to do something no fan as ever done before. Make a full set of Boba fett armor out of titanium with the visor onthe helmet as bullet proof glass. How do i bend the metal to my body size?
    Well for starters if you are going to do your armor in titanium you had better be a billionaire like myself. Second why not go with platinum instead of titanium? Oh and I don't think that bullet proof glass is going to stop a laser from blasting you in the face. I would hire a robot to bend the metal for me.
  4. Member Since
    Oct 2006
    Oct 20, 2006, 1:12 PM - Re: New kind of armor #4

you have a point....... do you have any suggestions on what i should use for the visor then?
  5. Member Since
    Oct 2006
    Oct 20, 2006, 1:18 PM - Re: New kind of armor #5

I wanted it to look like mandalore's armor from kotor2
    Oct 20, 2006, 1:23 PM - Re: New kind of armor #6

Glad to read you've rethought the "bullet proof" thing And you might want to go aluminum on the armor if you desire metal....

You can use a nice 1/8" thick welders sheild lens for the T-visor like most if not all use.

You'd stand a better chance at walking through hell with a snowball than getting that much titanium and shaping it into armor. The government has some influence on where it goes to and has even been complaining on all the marketed razors with titanium.....Boba Fett armor might not get their vote.

Steve
  7. Member Since
    Oct 2006
    Oct 20, 2006, 1:26 PM - Re: New kind of armor #7

Alright. i have the aluminum already from before when i tried making a blaster and failed horribly,But i need some tips on making it into mandalore's armor. any ideas?
    Oct 20, 2006, 1:27 PM - Re: New kind of armor #8

I believe that there are some nice tutorials on the forum that can help you out with that.
  9. Member Since
    Oct 2006
    Oct 20, 2006, 1:40 PM - Re: New kind of armor #9

is this a good reference pic or should i keep looking?

[IMG]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_Rq5SCTlFtF4BdiGjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN 0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12o7bj5j7/EXP=1161452242/**http%3a//www.bothan-online.com/IMG/vignettes/kotor_mandalore.jpg-s.jpg[/IMG]
  10. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Oct 20, 2006, 1:44 PM - Re: New kind of armor #10

Oh God, It's very small. Can you see some detail?
    Oct 20, 2006, 6:52 PM - Re: New kind of armor #11

the closest your gonna get to real armor is using steel itll take a blow from a baseball bat the other one is the visor why not just use shatter proof glass i had a sheet of it in the back yard you could through bricks at it all day i even hit it with a sledge hammer it didnt smash eventually it did but it took about an hour and thats using the sledge hammer
    Oct 21, 2006, 1:11 PM - Re: New kind of armor #12

Can I ask why you'd need a titanium, steel or what have you type of armour with a bullet proof visor?

It's not exactly gonna be light and easy to move in, especialy after a few hours trooping or at a con, impressive as it may be. There's also little that can be done in metal that can't be done in plastic or fiberglass. Now if you want a set that can be used to rob a bank... well that's different, although your getaway vehicle will need some serious grunt to cope with the weight of you in armour!
  13. Member Since
    Jul 2006
    Oct 21, 2006, 4:51 PM - Re: New kind of armor #13

What i reccomend is to use a lightweight sheet metal of some sort. The best way to get that for very cheap, is to go to a local school that has a welding class. They're boundto let u go through their scrap yard for free.