I've been lurking and getting some pieces together for a while and have finally come to announce my build of a Jodo Kast. I've chosen this particular costume for a couple of reasons. First, it isn't a cookie cutter (i.e. everyone and their cloned child does it). Second, it has some nice intricacies that separate it from the Old Fossil. In all, it is an amazing costume with great potential.
I've already got a bunch of the stuff that are necessary for this costume. I need to mod most of it, though. Otherwise, I am lacking only the fiddley bits. (Is a jetpack considered a fiddly bit?) I'll be asking some questions about parts of the 501st CRL that I don't understand and couldn't find closure with in the various other threads. So, let me begin with this (mostly because the Kast portion of the Bounty Hunter boards seems as dead as the Guild after they pissed Boba off). Otherwise, expect to see a few too many pics from me over the coming months!
Now for the interrogation:
1) Can the ammo boxes just connect to the girth belt or are they required to be on a separate belt?
2) Can a green welding visor be used for the visor or is the smoked gray required?
3) This is more out of curiosity. Boba has had a couple of repaints. His weathering shows the repaints under his current color. Is it possible to use the seafoam blue and yellow (Decipher version) colors under the spruce green and pumpkin orange for weathering effects?
4) Is spruce green the correct consensus color?
5) I am seeing that Kast has the patch on the back of his gloves, but does not seem to have them on the fingers like the Old Fossil. If I were to not put the finger-tips on, would that fly?