Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

New guy, new armour (pics included)

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Re: New guy, new armour (pics included)

I would heat them up and flatten them again. Then I would form them over a paint can or something of that size.

From
    Huntsville, ON, Canada

i know that this isn't a mando helmet, or mando anything for that matter, but this entire thread has been about my paintball gear. so until i set myself up with a mando helmet for paintball, i use this one. and i'm personally very happy with how my little mod has worked out today. i disassembled an old xbox headset, and re-assembled it to my paintball mask. it doesn't put any pressure on my ear, the way it did when i just wore a headset inside of the mask, it fits well, works fantastic, and is all set to hook up to a two way radio. and you can't see it at all from the outside of the mask.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails randoms-158-jpg  

From
    Huntsville, ON, Canada

well, it's been a little while since i've updated, mostly because of working, and working on things. i finished my back plate, painted and mounted, and lately i've been working on a bucket. since this is my first attempt at a helmet of any sort, it's taking some time. and since i'm planning to use it for paintball, i really want to make sure that this thing is going to be solid. i still have lots of sanding, lots of detail and some more fibreglass work to do, but i'll go ahead and put some pics up for now. once again, any thoughts or helpful hints are more than welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails randoms-159-jpg   randoms-162-jpg   randoms-164-jpg  

randoms-170-jpg  
    Last edited by JIM BEEF; Jul 11, 2007 at 5:51 PM.

I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    From
    Yadkinville NC

Hey that's looking good. Your definitely right about having it protect well for paintball. I was into paintball when I was in high school, me and 2 buddies started a local team. Still have my old F1 Illustrator, and one of our mates had a modified VM68. That mug sounded like an M60 when you fired it rapidly, and it hurt when it hit.

From
    Huntsville, ON, Canada

that's exactly why the flak vest has a half inch of foam padding lining it. between that and the armour plates, i can barely feel getting hit with shot of paint.