NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume

From
    Phoenix, Arizona (Valley of the Sun!)

Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume

Oh yeah; after printing the templates out I test fitted them with the ab plate template and they worked fine. Then after cutting the chest plates out with the medallian I did another test fit to make sure it was right and ready. And sure enough it came out great.

And thanks BH.....though not much is happening I feel like I am getting some stuff accomplished

From

So figuring that the armor peaces are nearing the final stages (almost). I decided to move forward and see what I can come to grips with mandalorian gauntlets. I know many of you had said shin guards would work and I even had a few ideas of using gatorade bottles, water bottles, and even cardboard. Someone said to buy it from the Bobamaker guy.

But there was a problem concerning with that. I enjoy restriction as much as the next person but I am a person that has to have at least some movement in my arms and around my hands. So I told myself "mandalorian style gaunts wont work so well at this moment." So I decided to try something new.

Looking around the house I came across a wrapping that came from a costume that I wore during Halloween last year and figured that would work as something for my mando armor. So I went ahead and took some pictures along with trying it on. It fit well and looked good by the way I was looking at it. Here are the photos.

I know there is someway to make a good pair of mandalorian gauntlets but I found no other way of using cardboard or gatorade bottles (which I don't have any to make gaunts). So I figured to give this a try out for a gauntlet idea. It seems to fit well but we will just have to see.

From
    Phoenix, AZ

those will work. can make gaunts go over them, will look cool!

From

Cool; that's what I was hopping for. I may need to get some more information of mandalorian gauntlets. There is a possibility that I'll snag two gatorade bottles and just make a pair of gaunts out of them. Not sure of what I can do....but where there is a will there is a way.

From
    Phoenix, AZ

well you can make the template ones.

pretty sure its way easier for you if you get the 9 dollar franklin gauntlets from wallmart

heres a pic:

red mando in middle. shes wearign franklin guards

From

Looks good; when I make my way to Wal*Mart I will take a look and see what there is. Hopefully, I can find something that will work.

From
    San Diego

Hey bh, whats that girth made from (left).

From
    San Diego, CA

Commander720 said: View Post
    So figuring that the armor peaces are nearing the final stages (almost). I decided to move forward and see what I can come to grips with mandalorian gauntlets. I know many of you had said shin guards would work and I even had a few ideas of using gatorade bottles, water bottles, and even cardboard. Someone said to buy it from the Bobamaker guy.

But there was a problem concerning with that. I enjoy restriction as much as the next person but I am a person that has to have at least some movement in my arms and around my hands. So I told myself "mandalorian style gaunts wont work so well at this moment." So I decided to try something new.

Looking around the house I came across a wrapping that came from a costume that I wore during Halloween last year and figured that would work as something for my mando armor. So I went ahead and took some pictures along with trying it on. It fit well and looked good by the way I was looking at it. Here are the photos.

I know there is someway to make a good pair of mandalorian gauntlets but I found no other way of using cardboard or gatorade bottles (which I don't have any to make gaunts). So I figured to give this a try out for a gauntlet idea. It seems to fit well but we will just have to see.
    Gp buy 2 of the fat powerade bottles (3 bucks max) chop the top and bottom off, add some padding, then paint to your desired color.

From

You know Fractal-Fett; some people told me that for gatorade bottles they work well. So I may just do that. Might require some drinking of the powerade but hey it is worth it LOL! Might become something of use for me. I wont be adding those things on the top but hey it will work.

From
    Phoenix, AZ

girth belt is climbing rope found at home depot

From

Nice use of work on that.....even if it is from the Home Depot LOL!

From
    Phoenix, AZ

with the exception of the helmet, the whole costume is from home depot

From
    San Diego

bh-7603 said: View Post
    girth belt is climbing rope found at home depot
    now i gotta ask how is it braided, is there a pattern I can copy, ITS COOL, and it would cover my "Girth"

From
    Phoenix, AZ

its just a rope. it was those colors when i bought it. its sewn to a black fabric with buckles in the back. check out the JAX RETURNS thread

From
    San Diego, CA

You might want to consider tearing up some old toys, one of the mercs members fund a great part on a G.I.Joe Side car that looks like a double barrel shotgun mounted on their otherwise plain gauntlets. :P

From

I can tell that is Arizona bh. Everyone knows what Arizona looks like. Heck I can take a photo of the mountain behind me and show it to you and you would say that is Arizona lol!

But I got some new updates. Quiet a few pictures if I may add. Never had to really post so many pictures at one time. But hey I am making progress in this armor. Tomorrow is the next stage of fitting the peaces to my form. Well enough talking here is the last two peaces of the armor.

I pulled the others and the ones completed today and formed them together. They are looking good if I may add. Now its only the matter of forming them to my form. LOL!

Like I said there is a lot of photos in this post. LOL! Now concerning with the weapon I will be using I was figuring of going to Wal*Mart and buying the foam dart clonetrooper blaster. During that time I had told my nephew Jasen my idea of making mando armor. He agreed with me 100% fold and decided to lend a helping hand out. So he ran into his room and pulled out his Nerf CS-6 Longshot along with its attachments. He came back into my room and told me "Use this as a weapon Jamie."

Overall I was honored that he let me use something that is around $30-$40 bucks at Wal*Mart. So I took his offer and decided to move forward in using his Longshot for my mando armor. Agreeing with him we moved forward and took some photos of the weapon. That's my nephew holding the weapon while I am taking the picture.

The weapon is overall something that I will use for the armor. I got a good paint scheme in mind. I am trully thanking Jasen for letting me use his weapon.

From
    San Diego, CA

Use Krylon Fusion, and a primer designed for plastics.

From

Okay; should the same be used for cardboard armor? Just want to make sure before I go out buying the paint!

From
    San Diego, CA

for the cardboard, spray a sealant before painting, it will get rid of the "whiskers" on the cardboard. But yeah.

From

I'm glad I only have a few peaces of armor or this would take a long time to do everything. Just got to figure where I can get some Krylon Fusion and Sealant spray paint and I'll be golden.

From

Already found where I can get some sealant and Krylon Fusion Spray paint. Sears! Not all that cheap....around four or five bucks for the individual cans alone and the grey sealant is around eight dollars. WOW! I hope I can get that stuff.

From
    Phoenix, AZ

fusion is fine on its own on the longshot and all nerf toys....

2-3 bucks at wallmart.

also im confused. WHAT is arizona? i didint show any pics of AZ>

From

Thought you did....oh well. But it's good to know where I can get some good paint. Wal*Mart is like the safe haven for mando builders LOL! I am hopping to actually get the peaces of armor formed to my body tomorrow and then go out searching for the paint at Wal*Mart.

I know I have not posted anything of soft stuff and I am still working on my soft stuff. But I managed to find a really cool looking belt. Thing is on the outside it has a bunch of different symbols (drawings if you will) on it. So I decided to try it on the black way. Turned out pretty cool. But if I can find one of the other belts that resembles a girth belt then it will look cool.

Managed to take a photo of it. Looks pretty cool just need that other belt!!!!

From
    San Diego

What system is this Arizona you speak of? Is it in the outer rim?

From

Phoenix....lived in Phoenix mostly my whole life. It's actually increasing in size out by Carefree Highway and over by Suprise.