Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    Aug 2, 2009, 4:39 PM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #51

i can compleatly agree and im right where you are.

for example. if you can crounge uyp 20 bucks or 15 dollars you can get the leather, aluminum sheet metal or a decent sized trash can. heck i think you can get a trash can for 5 bucks.

but save up....it'll be worth it in the long run.

carboard is free.
    Aug 2, 2009, 7:12 PM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #52

I got me $100 in ones but I am saving that for the Nickelback concert I am attending to buy a t-shirt. I looked on youtube and saw someone using cardboard and a cereal box to create their armor along with water color style paint. I am still going to try this custom bounty hunter out and put together some sketches for mandalorian armor and post them up while doing this.

Thanks a bunch vod.
    Aug 2, 2009, 8:53 PM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #53

You can also use FREE PRIORITY MAIL BOXES, just walk into the post office and grab a handful, they wont stop you. Thats how I made

<----------------------------- that little bucket over there.

I used priority mail envelopes, the WOF templates, a spool of tape, and $10.00 of Resin/fiberglass repair kit and $8.00 can of bondo.

It took me only 2 tries with the WOF template before I felt it was good enough to harden.

I made the bucket, did a resin coat, waited for it to dry, then glassed it, bondo and sand LOTS AND LOTS OF SANDING, then I promptly DROPPED IT and cracked it, but decided to use the cracks as Nexu damage and vibro sword cuts.

But bh is right, you gotta put some sort of mando armor on it or it wont really be a mando will it?

Chest plates from cardboard and resin at least so it has the mando look.
    Aug 2, 2009, 9:09 PM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #54

I actually was not considering this mandalorian armor just a standard bounty hunter almost like Cad Bane LOL! But some ideas have come for mandalorian armor when I begin my work for the mandalorian armor.

Someone on another sight other then the this place and Mandalorian Mercs told me that trash can armor is not a good way to go. And when I go here many people have made trash can armor and cardboard armor. So I am sticking with those who have done cardboard and trash can and going with what they say.

I may take this design under my wing with a few changes to it.

But yeah good idea adonian I may go to the post officer and grab me some priorty mail box's to make the armor. However, I am not so good at molding and sculpting to do a mandalorian helmet so I may just buy a Boba or Jango style helmet and work from there.
    Aug 2, 2009, 9:15 PM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #55

you can get the 30 dollars 2pc easily enough, its better than the rip off price for the rubies vinyl 1pc and a better shape to boot.

ive seen more ****** trash can armor than regular, so im with whomever you talked to abtou that, not to say it cant be done, but it needs work.

still think leather and metal are easiest.
    Aug 2, 2009, 9:21 PM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #56

Sintra is pretty dang easy too.

Also, to get FREE sintra, call up a local sign shop, and ask for extra, or SCRAP sintra, I got enough for like 10 suits of Jango-style armor.

Also, If you explain to them what it is you are doing with it, a.k.a bring in a sample, or a design pic, or SOMETHING, Then they are more likely to let you take it.

Adonian, can you post pics of the boxes??? I can't picture them in my head.
    Aug 2, 2009, 9:24 PM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #57

I'd like to quote what he stated of using trash can's but I also don't want to sound mean of what he said. It was his own opinion and I really don't want to put him down for it in all honesty.

There is this one guy who makes helmets and I was thinking of buying one off of him. He is the bobamaker guy.....but the helmet is fiberglass.

It's a good looking peace of work but I am going to see where else I can get a good looking helmet.
    Aug 2, 2009, 9:27 PM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #58

BM and fett pride have the best stuff in my opinion. but not if youre on a budget.

id start off with the cheaper helmets for now and upgrade later once you have a solid idea of what your MANDO looks like later.
    Aug 2, 2009, 9:41 PM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #59

That's what I planned. But I have a question?

I have seen some of the custom mandos have different colored visors. Can those be bought or is there some type of paint used to make them that color?
    Aug 2, 2009, 10:06 PM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #60

you can get red like mine and green from fleabay, the seller (i forgot) also makes blue visors for the imperial guard, he may make a blue t-visor but I cant say for sure since I am not him
    You can also use a motorcycle visor and cut it out, they come in iridium, fun stuff

BM and Fett Pride are both excellent, but if you dont want to spend over $250 for one, you can get one from SAZ, he's just starting to sell his buckets, like $150 or so plus shipping.
    I used the priority envelope for my buckets.

As for trash can armor, it can be glassed, but I am using mine for fun, not fuction, so I dont need to glass it. Metal is nice, but heavy, and again I am making my armor for fun so no metal.

Oh yeah, I forgot about this guy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Y-RsnQQUM
    Trash can armor how to video for newbies.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ghost bucket stuff 003.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	35411   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ghost bucket stuff 004.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	35412   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ghost bucket stuff 005.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	35413  

Last edited by adonian; Aug 2, 2009 at 10:34 PM.
    Aug 2, 2009, 10:43 PM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #61

Also, if you want a budget lid, whiteraven here on TDH is going to be doing a boba and a jango lid shortly. He's the dude that did those SWEET mando commando buckets. (and he's here in AZ...save a few pennies on shipping that way.)
    Last edited by A'den Kyramud; Aug 2, 2009 at 10:53 PM.
    Aug 2, 2009, 11:01 PM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #62

welll, the base of that helmet he bought from a DSG member and ripped out the front area. if you want a commando helmet let me know i can get you one locally in AZ.
    Aug 3, 2009, 1:39 AM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #63

Yeah, we have some seriously nice helmet manufacturers here in AZ... Ryan (whiteraven) is actually gonna help me get a mold done of my TOR mando...er...bounty hunter

C720-If you need any help getting armour or a helmet locally, shoot me a PM and I can get you in touch with the right folks. And since we are all here in the general Phoenix area, we dont have to ship anything...which is really really nice...
    Aug 3, 2009, 2:08 AM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #64

Gotta love living in Phoenix, Arizona its good to know what can happen with the help of fellow vode. When getting a helmet I am hopping to have a different colored visor aside from trad. black like seen. Blue is what I was hopping for but we will see. And thanks guys I really appretiate the help
    Aug 3, 2009, 7:45 PM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #65

With little to do around here and the fact that I can't get out of the house at the moment I figured to do a color of what I am looking towards for the mando helmet. I will be actually doing a sketch of what I am hopping to put into the helmet to make it look all that much sweater.

Aug 4, 2009, 5:05 AM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #66

I'm feeling generous, I could let you have one of my cast offs real cheap, may mean a bit of bondo work on your part but I can appreciate you're working on a budget.

PM me and we can have a chat and I'll see what I can do for you, as BH is right, you need to do this properly.
    Aug 4, 2009, 1:50 PM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #67

Well that is real nice of you Saz; I appretiate that. PM has been sent your way
    Aug 4, 2009, 10:09 PM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #68

Hey guys while searching around through the internet of different mando helmets I considered a few of them....some being the Jango style helmet which would help me in the long run. But here is one that I found that is good in price but not entirly sure if I am going to get it.

Saz don't worry I am still holding you in on the offer you gave me of your mando helmet. If nothing comes through I'll see about taking it in and grabbing the helm off of your hands.
    Aug 4, 2009, 10:12 PM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #69

well, for under 30 bucks its a good deal. i have one myself. the one i used on hydras armor...
    Aug 4, 2009, 10:16 PM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #70

Well I have the money for it. But I am working towards the soft stuff first before I even start on the hard stuff. But for $32 I am considering it to be a good deal for a helmet.
    Aug 5, 2009, 12:38 AM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #71

Dang kind of wish I could draw but it seems I am no good at it to get sketches of what I am aiming towards up on paper. I'm going to try paint and if that does not work will just have to wait for the construction to begin.
    Aug 5, 2009, 12:43 AM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #72

use the mando flash maker. its awesome helper tool
    Aug 5, 2009, 1:08 AM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #73

What I am using in the chest and stomach armor peaces will be much different. Part of Rahm Kota's from TFU and part mandalorian. To go more into detail there will be no center diamond peace and no neck armor. It will be like Rahm Kota's with the adding effect of part of mandalorian. And the stomach armor will be comprised of the mandalorian armor. There will be no back armor peace to it but of a back pack.

The leg armor and cod peace I am still looking into ideas for it but will see when I move into it. Possibly I will use a cod peace but not sure as of yet. I'm going to look more into that. And the helmet is there to come really soon. I am just happy thursday will be that lone day I head out searching for the soft stuff for the armor.
    Aug 5, 2009, 1:12 AM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #74

pic? have no clue who that is
    Aug 5, 2009, 1:16 AM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #75

Here is a photo....

But without the sash; I wont be wearing a sash with the armor