Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    Sep 4, 2009, 2:50 AM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #251

original recipe here, I just love to eat the skin and fill my arteries with all that wonderfrul lubricant... helps prevent heart attacks ya know
    Sep 4, 2009, 10:19 AM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #252

You guys and your KFC food. LOL! How about we go and eat fresh at Subway...you know those five dollar footlongs? -Wink, wink-

Anyway, went some soul searching on sites yesterday to search for a good size (yet affortable) Jango Fett helmet. Nothing has come up yet but hopefully today after class we will have something down and put the order in for a helmet.
    Sep 5, 2009, 9:01 PM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #253

Hey guys I've been pretty busy over the days; I guess it gave me a break of not having to worry about my mando armor. Anyway, about five or so days ago I worked with the cardboard stuff on what type of battle damage would be put into the armor when the sentra stuff arrives. It turned out really good counting that I used only a sharpie LOL! But here was the result of it all.

What made me mad during the whole process was when some of the Mod Podge was removed from the neck peace of the armor. I had to apply four more coats to get the shinness back. What really ticked me off was when there was a bunch bumps and lines from the removed Mod Podge. But as I thought about it more and looked at it I thought I'd give it a try with what it would look like with battle damage. It turned out really good and I was well impressed.

Right now my neck peace is my favorite because of how well it turned out.
    Sep 5, 2009, 9:33 PM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #254

okay I'm a newbie also but making a bucket for you costume really wouldn't be hard. i spent 10 bucks on a skater helmet for the dome and about 15 bucks on other supplies and this is what i came up with it's still a WIP but it's getting there.

Just don't forget to download wizards templates they are really awesome as for armor go the trash can route doesn't cost much at all.

-Jaycen
    Sep 5, 2009, 9:49 PM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #255

seems like all of you are out west. =( anyone in Florida i want to go to an armor party and hang out. That would be a blast.
    Sep 5, 2009, 10:26 PM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #256

That really looks good there my friend. I actually have looked up ways to make a mando helmet. One way was with cardboard which is what the plates are that you see before you. But I am not sure if it would hold up. I'm looking in getting a rubies version from ebay or a site. But whatever comes up I'll post it.

Yeah I don't have the cutting materials for trash can armor. People have been telling to not use cardboard but so far it is coming out really nice and firm.
    Sep 6, 2009, 3:08 AM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #257

Commander come on, a cardboard bucket will be much MUCH better than a rubies, I made mine both from priority mail envelopes (same as cereal boxes) then resin and glass in stratigic areas then bondo... I know you've seen my buckets, and A'den's. We made ours from cardboard... PAPER and bondo, they are VERY sturdy, and MUCH EASIER TO MAKE THAN YOU THINK... I was very sceptical at first, and failed 1/2 through putting the first one together with paper, but then transferred the paper ON TO cardboard with a glue stick, then cut, tape, resin, glass, bondo, sand sand sand more bondo, more sand... well you get the drift..

Hope I dont sound like a butthead here, but IF I CAN DO IT ANYONE CAN
    Sep 6, 2009, 3:41 AM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #258

haha listen to adonian! he knows what he's doing and ya MAKE SURE YOU TRANSFER IT TO CARDBOARD! Its very hard to hold paper and bondo it at he same time! just a heads up if you decide to make your own, vod
    Sep 6, 2009, 11:42 PM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #259

Whatever you do dont try to use lexon! it'll snap then your going to huff and puff about the 20 bucks you just lost. trust me happen to me today. oh i was pissed lol so i made some trash can armor to calm down.

was really easy actually just took a bit. need to finish the cod, cut a new collar cause i melted part of it with my blowtorch and cut out the back need another trash can lol 10 bucks at wal-mart.
    -Jaycen
    Sep 6, 2009, 11:50 PM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #260

adonian, that might be true, however the $33.00 spent on a jango bucket and it looks top notch when done might be the better route for someone who does not have the facilities to fiberglass indoors or outdoors or due to parents, etc.
    Sep 7, 2009, 12:19 AM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #261

true, I have seen the rubies conversions and they have been nice, and technically that counts as diy since you do have to fix it to use it.
    Sep 7, 2009, 12:36 AM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #262

well you can use it as is with a coat of paint like i have done. no one can really tell.

Sep 7, 2009, 12:44 AM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #263

Yeah, I got one, but I have one HUGE MELLON on top of my shoulders so it dont fit (well not with my glasses on anyway)
    Sep 7, 2009, 1:00 AM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #264

Quote Alpha-2 said: View Post
    haha listen to adonian! he knows what he's doing and ya MAKE SURE YOU TRANSFER IT TO CARDBOARD! Its very hard to hold paper and bondo it at he same time! just a heads up if you decide to make your own, vod
    Really? I've used paper the last few helmets I've made and it works fine as long as you hold the inside with a gloved hand (wear the glove!!! Bondo gets HOT!!! Exothermic reactions tend to do stuff like that, which I should have known the first time I did it and burned the hell outta my fingers...)
    Sep 7, 2009, 1:02 AM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #265

really? never had that happen!
    Sep 7, 2009, 1:05 AM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #266

hehe...I over mix the hardener so it dries faster... I hate waiting, so I get mine to dry in something like two minutes, then off to sand with it! but that makes it get really hot...
    Sep 7, 2009, 8:46 PM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #267

That is why I am searching through the sites for one of those rubies jango helmets. Seems a little better for me. LOL! I have a small head so it will work well
    Sep 7, 2009, 8:57 PM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #268

i have a site you can buy the 2 pc jango from for $33 to include shipping. comes from Florida.

PM me if you want the link.
    Sep 8, 2009, 2:58 AM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #269

Sep 9, 2009, 10:31 AM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #270

Ebay and a star wars costume site is where I have been looking up for my mando helmet. Prices are a little high espically for those collector edition helmets. But I rather have the traditional style that way I can add my own things into the helmet to make it look kick *****. LOL!
    Sep 9, 2009, 10:43 AM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #271

The rubies 2 piece is "almost" traditional style.
    Sep 10, 2009, 12:45 AM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #272

I would figure; I've heard from others of using the 2 piece style.
    Sep 13, 2009, 1:57 PM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #273

Sorry guys I have not been on to tell you all how everything is going. I have been busy over the days dealing with school stuff for college and all that. The armor is still in progress and I am hopping to get some stuff posted up. And plus my computer keyboard started messing up with sticky keys so I could barley type. Luckily, I was able to get a new keyboard and this one lights up LOL! But yeah more stuff is on the way.
    Sep 13, 2009, 4:14 PM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #274

aaaarghh!!! Sticky Keys!!! lol yeah I know the feeling... sticky keys ar evil! I wish my keyboard lit up... then I could actually see my keys while typing at night... oh well good thing I learned the keyboard young! Hey speaking of school how's that going? U're going for a comp sci degree of some kind right?
    Sep 13, 2009, 4:37 PM - Re: NEW! Custom Bounty Hunter Costume #275

yeah my space bar doesn't work to well have to really whack it. lol my bucket is in the glass phase fun fun fun. need to bend some plastic today. next weekend going to make a vacuum form table. =D