Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Nevu440
    Sep 28, 2009, 4:34 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #151

thanks for the advice A'den. But 2 things.
    1. So not tinting is required?
    2. Is the dark green one, really actually green?\
    ok wait I thought of a 3rd...
    3. Uhhh which shade is darker? shade 3 or 5? i don't want people to be able to see my face, at all. But still be able to see out of it.

Thanks a'den
    -Nevu
    Sep 29, 2009, 3:09 AM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #152

wait...I dont get question 1... lol

Shade 5 is darker than shade 3, and the green one is actually what I have in my helmet (not the same make, but it was called a dark green visor). If you look at the tab from the link I posted, these are advertised as Fett visors.

I think I got it all...

A'den
    Sep 29, 2009, 3:23 AM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #153

also, if you scroll down there is a wonderful little note telling you EXACTLY which one for Boba Fett.... Seriously, there is one that says:

*Dark Green Faceshield Used in making Boba Fett Costume
    as seen at http://www.tk409.com/fett.html

I thought that was funny
    Sep 29, 2009, 3:31 AM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #154

There it is!!! I knew it was somewhere...thanks vod!
  5. Nevu440
    Sep 29, 2009, 5:09 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #155

O, lol thanks guys! And forget about question 1, wait a sec, would it come to me as flat or already in the right shape? Like will I have to buy a heat gun and shape it? Hope not, I don't have any money for a heat gun
    Sep 29, 2009, 5:14 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #156

flat, easily curved, no heat.
    have you been to alpha's sketch's lately?
    I'm colorin it right now, and I had to guess on your colors.
    Sep 29, 2009, 7:28 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #157

and doing an excepent job i might add
  8. Nevu440
    Sep 29, 2009, 7:54 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #158

Alright!! Ok sweet i'm litteraly ordering that visor right now lol now i just have to finish painting it before it gets here.

Got some work done on the armor. In the first stage of weathering, I painted a couple of coats of silver. Tomorrow I will do that top coats of the finaly color and use the toothpaste as masking.

Now that I think about it.. I still have some sanding to do on the helm.. haar'chak. Ok what can u recomend as a good THICK primer. The material I used to build the helmet kinda had a hard checkerboard feeling to it? I need a thick primer that will fill that in so I don't have to put anything over it. my materials are low and money is low too. and just incase you skim this message.... WHAT IS A THICK PRIMER I CAN USE?!?

@adonian, you got the colors right, though on my leg armor that red strip isnt there. its just blue and black. but thats ok, actually it gives me an idea....

ok lol thanks all. yea just answer that one question about the primer plz
    -Nevu
    Sep 29, 2009, 8:14 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #159

Hmmmm a thick primer. sorry vod i dont have a clue
  10. Nevu440
    Sep 29, 2009, 8:17 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #160

Maybe Adonian knows...

Nevu yells "Adonian get over here!!! Just make sure you leave the whip at home!!"

xD
    Sep 29, 2009, 9:07 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #161

it's called 'filler primer', it is a little thicker than regular... I would use krylon fusion first to get a good stick, and I know someone is gonna yell at me, but while it's still wet hit it with the primer, then let it flash and add another layer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	212031_300.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	36641  
    Last edited by adonian; Sep 29, 2009 at 9:12 PM.
  12. Nevu440
    Sep 29, 2009, 9:34 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #162

Awesome! Thanks Adonian ner'vod. You wouldnt happen to know off the top of ur head how much one of the life saving cans cost do ya? And if wal*mart carries it or do I have to go find a special paint shop somewhere?
    Sep 29, 2009, 10:48 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #163

about $7.00
  14. Nevu440
    Oct 2, 2009, 6:06 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #164

**Just a minor update here, but its pretty big for me

Ok I am now in the weathering part of the armor
    I'm out in my garage right now using my dremel to add the scars and eat up the sides of the armor (well not so much but so it looks worn down)
    No pics yet sorry. But I might, I said might!!! so hold the whip.. Have pictures up tomorrow when I begin painting, again!!!

-Nevu
    Oct 2, 2009, 9:41 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #165

Quote Nevu440 said: View Post
    **Just a minor update here, but its pretty big for me

Ok I am now in the weathering part of the armor
    I'm out in my garage right now using my dremel to add the scars and eat up the sides of the armor (well not so much but so it looks worn down)
    No pics yet sorry. But I might, I said might!!! so hold the whip.. Have pictures up tomorrow when I begin painting, again!!!

-Nevu
    Okay, I'm off tomorrow so I'll be watching you
  16. Nevu440
    Oct 4, 2009, 10:35 AM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #166

Alright I guess you can pull the whip out I didn't get to painting yesterday. I forgot about the new shoulder pieces I was going to make so I spent yesterday doing that and still weathering the leg pieces. Painting might not get done till Tuesday sadly. *cry* Won't have time today or tomorrow
    -Nevu
  17. Oct 4, 2009, 11:19 AM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #167

I like what I see so far on your armor, ner vod. Keep it up!
    Oct 5, 2009, 11:19 AM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #168

No whip this time, since you said "MIGHT" and you didn't make any promises.
  19. Nevu440
    Oct 5, 2009, 5:52 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #169

thank you o great Adonian from sparing me... this time... So onto buissness no work will be done today because I have way more homework than I thought I would. should get [I]something[I] done tomorrow whether it be more sanding on my buy'ce or just some painting. Though I need to either change the black to a dark grey or put like a red line between the blue and black b/c when i wore it once last year people thought I was wearing all black. ..
  20. Nevu440
    Oct 16, 2009, 11:27 AM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #170

Aw I hate it when my thread goes to page 2 and almost page 3. -.- Well anyways I've started painting my armor again, I might be able to get some pictures up today since I have a lot of free time to work on my armor.

I was doing the pre weathering thing with the toothpaste and on my first test I had let it dry for almost an hour and when i pulled the paste off it saved more silver than I had put paste. Meaning that there was about a centimeter of silver that showed up around where the paste was that I didnt put paste.. Does that make sense? And any ideas how to stop that?

-Nevu
    Oct 16, 2009, 12:34 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #171

you're saying it peeled the paint off more than in just the area you applied the paste to, correct?
  22. Nevu440
    Oct 16, 2009, 12:40 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #172

Yea that is right, sorry didnt know how to explain.. ideas?
    Oct 16, 2009, 12:42 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #173

Perhaps use less paste??? That's just wierd...
  24. Nevu440
    Oct 16, 2009, 12:48 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #174

I know.... Though I did look at it again and found that even a little bit of residue from the paste would cover the undercoat and keep it as silver. I think I was just to messy with it the first time.
    Oct 28, 2009, 5:04 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #175

Tracyn Prudii - A Biography

Tracyn was a commander in the 81st Elite Battalion in the Mandalorian Army. He served over 14 years in the battalion, rising through the ranks from Private to Captain. During the 2nd Mandalorian Civil War, he was put in charge of a small R-Con squad, placed behind enemy lines to observe their movements after a particularly quiet week or fighting.It was during this mission his skills as a sniper and tracker became evident. His superiors quickly placed him into intensive commando training and he became chief sniper in B-Squad of the Mandalorian S.C.A.S, Storm Commando Attack Squadron. It was only during the final throes of the war that his unit became more and more in demand, for various missions across the galaxy. His unit was finally called to assist in the final push by the True Mandalorian forces on New Mombussa. There, he was placed with the 9th Mandalorian Medical Corps, the regiment in which his half-brother, Je'Karta Prudii, was chief in. Having been seperated during an intense battle on a long bridge connecting the two sides, Tracyn fought on, leaving his half-brother behind - never to see him again. After the victory, Tracyn spent 7 weeks looking for his brother, when he finally found his dead body in a small corner of the forest, Ubersaw sticking out of his back.

This is for Nevvy. He's going through a rough patch right now, so don't expect to see him soon. If I see him, I'll let you guys know.

Kandosii, Darasuum, Vode An.

- The Prudii's