Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics)

Nevu440

Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics)

Ok, here are my ideas for the helmet. The grey areas will be painted and unknown color, any ideas on that welcome. The grey areas will also be raised a bit instead of just painted on. Please share your input. Any ideas, likes or dislikes of them?
    On this one, the very thin grey lines are just there to show the barrier between the cheek pieces and the visor. The lines will not actually be there.

This one I am probably more sure about. I liked the chin idea. Originaly I was going to slid it down more, make it more like a gotee by fliping it over too. But this looked way better!

Input or ideas are welcome!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nevu440

Ok, I am now going back and making all of my pictures into a pic shown in the post. I will keep the attachments in case for any reason the picture does not show up or isnt big enough to view.

From
    San Diego

pics are showing, and for the bucket, I like the top one's color changes. Hope you dont mind, I took the liberty to play with your bucket.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails helmetcolorschemeedit2-png   helmetcolorschemeedit22-jpg   helmetcolorschemeedit23-jpg  

helmetcolorschemeedit24-jpg  
    Last edited by adonian; Jun 14, 2009 at 5:54 PM.

Nevu440

The grey design around the visor? I am not sure about that. I dont know if I have the painting skills. But that sure would look cool. Thanks for the helmet ideas you posted. I really like the yellow. How you cut out pieces to make the visor bigger also is really cool. Its just that would mean I would have to buy a custom visor or somthing right? Most ones I have seen for sale are only just big enough to cover the open area for a reglar Fett helmet. Is there a way I can make a visor?
    Thanks Adonian, you rock!

From
    San Diego

you could use a motorcycle visor, they come in lots of cool colors too.
    I like the yellow one too, it looks like a clone bucket crossed with a Mando.

Nevu440

Yeah, I noticed that too. I took the ideas that we made and put them into posterboard and attached them to the helmet, temporarily. Just to see what it looks like. I will post a pic of that soon. Right now I've got to eat breakfast, I'm starving!

Nevu440

Ok I got kinda bored and ended up drawing a design for my shoulder armor. You might be able to figure out where I got the base design idea. Does it look good or just like a sad copy of the mando skull? I wanted to make it look something more kinda my own so its got a twist to it.

Just a couple of variations of the design. Some with color and some without. Any ideas on it or just say which one you like. If you have different color ideas I put ones without color so feel free to edit those. I tried to use these colors because black probably wouldnt show very well and blue is a color very widely used on my costume.

From
    Albany, KY and Oklahoma City, OK

I like the First, Fourth, Second from Last and Last designs, but that's just me... I actually painted up my shoulder plates yesterday, they turned out pretty nicely, except the white paint on the kad'uliik's head kinda cracked... oh well... adds character! lol

Nevu440

Thanks for the input Kal'ika. I will probably go with the fourth design because it just has more to it and the other ones really look like they need some horns!
    Today work will start on Bondoing the helmet. (Edit, that didnt happen because I got rained out! And I didnt want to stink up the house and there is NO space in my garage to do it.)
    Here are the pics of what it looked like.

Last edited by Nevu440; Jun 17, 2009 at 10:54 AM.

Nevu440

Lol this thread of mine is so boring without pics... I promise pics will come soon! It will just be a very long post because I got a lot of work done on the dome. I've decided to put a clone trooper fin over the dome. Anyone know how I can either make or buy a visor for cheap?

From
    San Diego

you could use one of those acrylic photo frames, cut it to fit, then tint it what ever color you need, there is red/yellow/green/blue/grey/silver tints for cars out there. Or just get a motorcycle visor or a welding shield.

Nevu440

Thanks for the advice Adonian. I am pretty happy right now. I just put Bondo on the dome of my helmet. I didnt finish though because I odor got to me and I had to stop. Will pick that up again tomorrow. And expect pics by tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by Nevu440; Jun 17, 2009 at 10:03 PM.

Nevu440

I promised pics so here they are. The first set is without sanding, the second with about 15 minutes worth of sanding. This wil take forever to sand by hand... I wish I was more careful with the bondo.

Nevu440

And as you can see in the last 4 pictures. I decided to add a clonetrooper fin like I said up a few posts.

From
    San Diego

just playin with your pics again:

as for sanding, get a mouse sander from walmart, they're pretty cheap, and dont forget to use a mask, I have to go to the doctor today, I was sanding last week with out a mask, and have been coughing ever since, and it is getting worse.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img0036l-jpg  

From
    USA

*blinks* I missed all this progress! Nice bucket Nevu, I love the designs. And you should totally do adonian's idea or something like it!

Nevu440

I did more sanding today. I managed to find my old Black and Decker sander buried in the garage. I'll post progress pics really soon, first I have to clean it up a bit though. Otherwise it has no shape to it. Lol.
    Adonian: Thanks for posting the pic of my helmet. It might not look exactly like that but pretty close.
    Ordeyn: Thanks for the kind words. I plan to do something similar to adonians idea. I must first find a visor that will fit the plan though since I will be cutting out some on the sides to give it that clone trooper look. But thanks to A'den I might have found one!!
    Pics soon to come!
    -Nevu

Nevu440

Ok here are those pictures as I promised. I ran into a problem though. The original dome was so uneven that when I sand it down to the right spot the paper and hot glue show!! WHAT DO I DO? AHHH! I do NOT want to restart it, I just cant. I might have to also fill in a few spots because the dome is now in the correct shape, well minus the very tippy top the fin will cover it, and there are spots that are still to shallow. You can sort of tell by the color difference, the darkest colors being the area that I will have to raise.
    I apologive again for the low-quality pictures, but hey there pics. (My camera stinks )

From
    San Diego

my first bucket (see avatar) had the same problem, just sand it to the shape you need, then use spot filler to smooth it over and fill in the pin holes that are gonna show from the paper. When you paint, use a good filler primer and sand some more.

From
    Glendale, Arizona

More bondo. keep layering and sanding and layering and sanding and...you get the idea.

Nevu440

I will sand it down some more today. Thanks for the much needed help so far you guys. I thought that maybe if i put Bondo on the underside of the helmet (inside the dome underneath) where the paper and glue sticks through I could just sand it down more to the right shape. I won't bother my head because my head doesnt touch that part.

Nevu440

Hey all. I am so sorry for not having progress in a week... I went on vacation to my favorite place, Miami! Had a good time down there at the beach. sorry I didn't post that I was to be gone for so long. It slipped my mind, even though I was thinking about my costume the whole trip!!! Progress will hopefully resume tomorrow. And pics will be posted too!

From
    Hampshire UK

looking goody buddy.

I'm on a bit of a financial vacation myself, that is to say that I am taking a break from spending money

I'm interested to see the painted lid. Any progress with the weapons? I think I'll be starting mine this week.

Nevu440

Yea I understand. Thx for compliement. No progress with the weapons really. I'm just stuck there. I have so many options that my head is all confused with it! I want to have double pistols, but I have enough pistols but I dont have 2 of any of them! I really would like them to be matching. I have 3 options for a rifle. 1 requires totaly making. And the other 2 just require some mods on the barel and stock and then a nice paint. I will try to post pics of it. Maybe you could help me out.

Nevu440

Sorry for double post, but lol I just noticed that in my post before I used the same 2 smiley faces in almost the same spots. Lol its the only 2 that I know the codes for. Must learn the others!