Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Nevu440
    May 7, 2009, 4:43 PM - Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #1

Finally I can post this! Horay! I've already done one custom mando before this, using a trash can to make the armor. I wasnt very satisfied with the finished result so i'm going to kinda redo it (pretty repaint and add some stuff). I never got the helmet or accesories (kama, belt, and weapons) done so I hope to finish those soon. I'll post pics as soon as I can, my camera is acting up and doesnt want to seem to upload the pics correctly . Until I get the camera fixed, here is a pic of the color scheme of my armor.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nevu440; Jun 14, 2009 at 3:52 PM. Reason: adding that there are lots of pics.
  2. Nevu440
    May 8, 2009, 7:41 AM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lost of Pics) #2

Alright, Update! I have my camera working now. The pics arnt very good, I couldnt get the lighting right. In the photos you see my armor and 2 weapons. I tried weathering the thigh plates, but it didnt really work sadly You can also see my black kama in the leg armor pic. I plan to totaly redo that with a blue edging, maybe red.
    If you have any ideas for the weapons, please feel free to post them. Im at a loss of what to do for the rifle, cant seem to make it look like star wars!
    Critics or comments appriciated.
    Last edited by Nevu440; Jun 14, 2009 at 3:57 PM.
    May 16, 2009, 9:11 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #3

thats pretty cool man
  4. Nevu440
    May 18, 2009, 8:46 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #4

Hey thanks Captain Virk. Lol your the first to actually post a reply. Ive gotten more done but since no one really posted I decided not to post my work. I might add some more since you seem interested a bit. Expect updates by Wednesday.
    May 19, 2009, 3:30 AM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #5

It seems the trash cans worked out well. If you're having bother with the weapons look at some referance material, stormtroopers, clones etc and see how you can incorporate the look into your guns. You'd be surprised at how a few greeblies and a shot of matt black changes the appearance of something.
    May 19, 2009, 4:19 AM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #6

Sorry missed this... Looking good so far

Tracyn
  7. Nevu440
    May 21, 2009, 5:23 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #7

Lol its Thrusday and I didnt post any updates sorry! Having issues with my camera again. I found a good starting point for my gun. I will customized a stormtrooper heavy MG-34 gun.
  8. Nevu440
    May 21, 2009, 5:35 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #8

Here are a few pics of the weapon in Progress. The template cut out, thanks to a tutorial I found on the internet. Then the cardboard mock up. And then the last pic is a concept art of the upcomming MMORPG, Star Wars The Old Republic. Its a concept art for the class trooper, one of the weapons. I intend to make the barrel the same on my gun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gun.JPG 
Views:	197 
Size:	2.6 KB 
ID:	33711  
    Last edited by Nevu440; May 21, 2009 at 5:41 PM.
  9. Nevu440
    May 21, 2009, 5:36 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #9

Hey if someone could help, how do i post the pics as attached thumbnail instead of image link?
  10. Member Since
    Nov 2008
    May 30, 2009, 3:34 AM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #10

go to an advanced post and upload them from your computer. Looking good, keep it up. We all love to see new stuff. If that doesnt work, try downsizing the pic before uploading. 4x6 at 72 dpi should be small enough.
  11. Nevu440
    Jun 9, 2009, 8:12 AM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #11

Alright, thanks for the help BrenSett. Sorry no updates right now. Still progressing. School just ended on Friday, I was caught up with exams. I will get updates going as soon as I can.
  12. Nevu440
    Jun 10, 2009, 1:12 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #12

More updates, but no pics right now . Went to the store and looked around for some Bondo, and couldnt find the right one I plan on getting more work done with my helmet as soon as I get the Bondo. O and do u guys prefer that I put the pics in a link or just have them in my post? I know that I personally sometimes just scroll down till I find pics instead of reading everything. Sorry for slaking, I know but it will get done!!!
  13. Nevu440
    Jun 11, 2009, 7:31 AM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #13

Work on my helmet has started again! Still no bondo... But I have the templates all cut out and ready for use on my helmet, I just have to attach the dome once I put it together. This might be kinda hard because I made my helmet out of that craft board like AntMan used, kudos to antman for the awesome tutorial!, and it takes longer to dry. Maybe I'll use a hot glue gun... Any ideas how I can glue the dome together??
    Jun 11, 2009, 3:15 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #14

idk how you are going to glue it, but whatever you do, do it CAREFULLY!!! the dome is tricky...

15. Nevu440
    Jun 11, 2009, 3:28 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #15

Yes it is! I got some work done on it this morning. Decided to use a combination of craft glue and hot glue. Using the hot glue here and there and then spreading the hot glue a bit up and down the seam to secure the sides from slipping. I then just slabbed a whole bunch of craft glue over the part I got done with the dome. I got 1 full page of dome template put on, which is about 1/3 of the dome.
    Jun 11, 2009, 3:46 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #16

Awesome!!! Glad you figured it out and it works!!!

And btw, i just looked at you pics, and you have an AWESOME color scheme!!! looking great!!!

A'den
    Jun 11, 2009, 4:49 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #17

progress pics? even if only 1/3 of the dome, I love pics.
  18. Nevu440
    Jun 11, 2009, 5:34 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #18

Quote Nevu440 said: View Post
    O and do u guys prefer that I put the pics in a link or just have them in my post? I know that I personally sometimes just scroll down till I find pics instead of reading everything.
    Everyone loves pics! Even if like I said before ^. I would love to show you pics but I am staying at my friends house for a few days and the camera is at home and to far away to get back. I will try to get pics up by late Saturday or early Sunday.Glad you guys enjoy.

Aden: Glad you like the color scheme. I might re-do it though, paint the black parts either white or silver because my jumpsuit is black and it just blends in to much.
  19. Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Jun 12, 2009, 12:56 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #19

Blending in can be a good thing, but it is your suit and your preference. Keep it up and keep us posted. To answer your question about pics, I don't like off-site pics. I live outside of the city, and can only get dial up. Too slow to try to pics from everywhere else on the net. ( Jeez, you'd think a real mando would be able to get better connections) Anyway, I am really looking forward to seeing this done.
    Jun 12, 2009, 3:33 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #20

instead of changing color to make the armor stand out from the soft parts, weather the armor plates, so they make it stand out.

Check out Apollo's build: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=25340

Scroll down and check out his weathering, it is XLNT.
  21. Nevu440
    Jun 13, 2009, 1:31 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #21

OK I am back at my house. Trying to find my camera in my room, and its not lookin real good. Uh oh... Working on the dome some more right now. Trying to come up with some ideas to customize it more. As I am getting into this and its comming longer more people are comming with customs and using really cool ideas to make it truely theirs and not a repainted Fett, and I dont want to copy them so I am running out of ideas, ugh!

BrenSett: Thanks for informing me about the pictures. I will go back and post them in the post instead of a link.

Adonian: Yea his weathering is frickin awesome! Is there an easy to weather trashcans? I dont want to make holes or indents of a bullet, just make it look scared. A while back I did the thing with painting the whole piece silver, then the top layer color. And sanded it down to get to the silver but that didnt work very well. Any tutorials for weathering trashcans?
    More updates soon, WITH pics!
    -Nevu
    Last edited by Nevu440; Jun 13, 2009 at 3:13 PM. Reason: Fixing Grammar.
    Jun 13, 2009, 2:28 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #22

You can weather by painting in layers, people use tooth paste as a mask, I just did a couple of layers of color and scratched with screw drivers and even put it on the driveway and did a few pulls across the cement.

So layering and scratching is good.

As for trash can, scratch, dent (ball hammer works great) gouge, then layer paint and scratch some more.
  23. Nevu440
    Jun 14, 2009, 1:42 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #23

Thanks for the advice Adonian! Since it's sunday, I will not be working on this to much. But good news! I finished the helmet dome and it looks promising, well minus a few spots. It looks bad because its really coated with a lot of hot glue. But once I get some Bondo on there it should be just fine. I am experiementing with some custom ideas for the helmet. I will post those soon.
    Jun 14, 2009, 2:30 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #24

the robe idea you are borrowing from me will look great with this colour armour. was going to make mine a sort of midnight blue as well with a dark brown coat. hope you dont mind me still using the colour scheme (different design to you of course)
  25. Nevu440
    Jun 14, 2009, 2:47 PM - Re: Nevu's Custom Mando (Lots of Pics) #25

No problem. And thanks for letting me use the idea. I have an old Jedi robe I might cut the sleeves off. If I end up doing this idea I will cut the sleeves off to the point where I will put the shoulder armor over top of it. Thanks! Updates soon!!