Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Jan 13, 2012, 1:54 PM - Need help with a Mandalorian Sith Costume. #1

My wife has surprised me with a trip to Celebration VI and have decided to do a custom Sith Mando. This will be my first time building a costume for a Mando, and need some ideas and advice. I have a helmet that i plan to customize, I have a pair of Darth Maul Force FX Sabers that i will Customize, but for the armor and such I am at a loss Help me guys, you're my only hope! (Sory, yes, i went there...)
    Jan 13, 2012, 5:02 PM - #2

I strongly suggest you not doing any sith / Jedi mandalorian costume , most mandalorian a will kill another if they have a lightsaber

But this is your costume

But any way

Good luck
    C

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=59.801494,-122.571662
    Jan 13, 2012, 7:05 PM - #3

I second Circas comment and opinion, though it is your costume a Sith mando is kinda contradictory through storyline and star wars lore the Mandalorians aided in taking down Darth Nihilus
    Jan 13, 2012, 7:18 PM - Re: Need help with a Mandalorian Sith Costume. #4

Well, on the flip side, there are a couple of Jedi that were taken in by the Mandalorian, so it is entirely possible that the same could be same for a Sith. That being said, the Sith would likely have downplayed his/her force abilities to fit into the Mando culture. Maybe focus on a Mandalorian costume with hints of Sith/force wielder thrown in... Some sithy trinkets, hidden lightsaber, etc
    Jan 13, 2012, 7:55 PM - #5

It's really tough to make a force wielding Mandalorian without getting corny or bad feedback from fellow mandos most fans don't like the idea of a mando with lightsabers...hell I got flak for being a 5'6" Fett let alone the fact I mixed ESB and ROTJ in one costume...still it's your costume if others give you heat it's what you want and what you enjoy forget the opinions
    Jan 13, 2012, 11:38 PM - #6

As much I hate the idea of mando with a lightsaber as a weapon I will not turn down a fellow costume in need of help

Here is a concept of a sith mando
    http://Vinom11.deviantart.com/art/Si...rian-141560226

Do note if you want to use this concept get his permission before doing so he is also a member here on the form can't remember his user name exact but it's something like oneoneone111 but I'm sure someone else know who I am talking bout

C

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=59.802255,-122.573569
  7. Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Feb 6, 2012, 1:31 PM - Re: Need help with a Mandalorian Sith Costume. #7

Feb 6, 2012, 8:56 PM - Re: Need help with a Mandalorian Sith Costume. #8

And in one of Fetts comics, fett betrays Vaders, whips out his own lightsaber, and duels with Vader...hes not force wielding...but Mandos DO use any weapon they can...
  9. Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Feb 7, 2012, 4:56 PM - Re: Need help with a Mandalorian Sith Costume. #9

Let me clarify. I would be just as happy to be a Mando that happens to like a saber sometimes. My 5-year-old son wants me to be a "Sith Mando" for this convention, and I am going to do that, for him. How can I say no?
    Feb 7, 2012, 9:12 PM - Re: Need help with a Mandalorian Sith Costume. #10

Son, it's time we had a talk about Star Wars canon.

11. Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Feb 8, 2012, 5:07 PM - Re: Need help with a Mandalorian Sith Costume. #11

If the guy wants to make it though... he's probably prepared for ridicule. its no different than the guys who make superman mando's or other hybrids i guess.
  12. Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Feb 8, 2012, 8:47 PM - Re: Need help with a Mandalorian Sith Costume. #12

I am going to hew as close to canon as possible. I am not going to be obviously sith. I think my son will be happy as long as am in costume. I will have guns!
    Mar 26, 2012, 12:28 PM - Re: Need help with a Mandalorian Sith Costume. #13

I'd suggest following general form and function from the mando aspect of the costume, every simple armor, and just flash it up with some sith trinkets. Boba Fett wore wookiee braids. Who says a Sith mando can't wear something similar? And if you are carrying guns as well, I'd suggest finding a way to mount the lightsaber on the back of the belt, it's incognito, but still cool for those that notice. Some other sith inspired details on the armor can't hurt as well. Whatever happens, good luck Evilboy, here at TDH we pride ourselves for helpfulness, and I'm sure you'll find all the help you need. I actually played with a Jedi mando back when I was younger, used to draw all kinds of pictures, haha. I'm a little to anal to make one though, canon IS canon, haha.