Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Aug 9, 2010, 9:29 PM - Re: need help #26

Gymbeau2000 You've given me soom great direction to follow. Tomorrow I start my build with visions of Mercs and Blasters in my head! You Mandalorian Mercs are my inspiration. Some day I hope to meet you guys some where and buy you all a beer!!
    Aug 10, 2010, 10:37 AM - Re: need help #27

Your welcome djgus! Wherever you are, there is likely a Mercs clan (group). PM me if you need more help or info.

Cody, if your budget is down to $50, you may want to consider just doing more research & finding of items for now until you can save more cash. The figures and info I gave you are for bargain basement stuff. Most of us that have very elaborate gear or those of us who upgrade will end up spending a couple of hundred just on a raw helmet! If you have done any research around here, you will know costuming is an expensive hobby. But don't get discouraged, just buy like your helmet, putty, glue, paint and the fiberglass kit (that would be roughly $50). You can then have your completed bucket. In the mean time, dig around the local surplus stores and goodwill type stores to find things you may like. Try on some flightsuits and find your size so if you find a good deal on Ebay you know what to get. Print out your templates and size them. If you have a printer, you likely already have paper. Go to the Mercs site and use the MandoMaker program to layout your colors and design of how you want your Mando to roughly look.
    Mar 14, 2011, 1:12 AM - Re: need help #28

Quote Saz. said: View Post
    There's two methods, boiling water or the oven. Just remember to wear heat proofed gloves when bending. Having a bucket of cold water at hand once you have properly bent the plate will help set the plate quickly.

It may take a few goes to get the bends right and, as is the mantra of building armour, taking your time will prevent you making serious mistakes.
    May I advise: DO NOT USE THE OVEN FOR MORE THAN A FEW MINUTES @ A TIME!!! there have been issues with injuries. If you do use the oven, open all the windows and wear a vapor mask.
    I would advise using a heat gun.
    Mar 16, 2011, 10:39 PM - Re: need help #29

Just kind of general advice, go check out other peoples threads and see what they did. Look around!