Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mynock's SWTOR Hunter's Exalted (Shae Vizla) Mandalorian Helmet

Mynock's SWTOR Hunter's Exalted (Shae Vizla) Mandalorian Helmet

People,

Been working on a new project over the past month, the Shae Visla Bounty Hunter Helmet from the SWTOR trailer "Deceived". It is the beginning of a full SWTOR BH armor build I plan on completing over the next few months. The helmet is seen both in the trailer as well as in the game, which is what my character is rocking at the moment.

I CAD modelled it using high rez screenshots and other 2D material, a process that took probably 80 hours since I am still learning the CAD process.

I then 3D printed the helmet on my FlashForge creator dual in pieces, a process that took 94 hours. Following that, I glued the pieces together using superglue, filled in all the gaps using BONDO, and smoothed the surface with spot putty.

I repeated the filling/smoothing/sanding several times, and finally primed it using self sealing automotive primer from DupliColor.

Once I touch up some small trouble areas, I will be ready to mold the helmet, and ultimately cold cast it in aluminum!

I have already completed the blaster pistol for my BH build, which is discussed at length in this thread.

I am in the process of updating my website, mynocksden.com with the new helmet build notes. Once I do that, I will update this thread with more photos as well!
    Last edited by Mynock; Apr 4, 2014 at 9:51 AM.

Re: SWTOR Mandalorian Bounty Hunter (Shae Vizla-style) WIP

Too cool

That is a cool set of armor

From
    Boerne, Texas, United States

I geeked out over that helmet on FB and I'm still doing it here. You have seriously done some great work with this project so far. Now get back to work! I want to see more.

Very impressive work, this is really looking great. This is a costume that my wife is really wanting & I have been doing research on this costume. Really interested to see how this turns out.

From
    Albuquerque

Holy cr@p that helmet is sweet. You gonna be offering these??

Yes. As soon as I finish the molds and am happy with the outcome. I'm working on touching everything up one last time before molding as we speak.

Absolutely incredible work! I've been wondering when someone would pick up this helmet, and I couldn't be more impressed! Keep us updated on the mold!

From
    California

So beautiful, can hardly wait til you begin casting.

Helmet successfully cast (cold cast in aluminum)! Here is a quick rendition with a quick buff and visor.

Last edited by Mynock; Apr 4, 2014 at 9:45 AM.

That is awesome looking!!! Simply beautiful work. Are you going to do a run of these?

toolguy301 said: View Post
    That is awesome looking!!! Simply beautiful work. Are you going to do a run of these?
    Thank you! Yes, once I finish up all the other molds for this helmet and do a few successful casts, I will start to offer it to those that are interested.

that's terrible, you should mail it to me immediately for disposal!
    lol of course i'm kidding about the terrible part, this looks wicked awesome! <3

From
    Humboldt, Saskatchewan, Canada

wow man thats an awesome that will look nice in my collection =)

C

Helmet nearly finished. Just have to install lights into the ears, add some detailing to the visor, and put in my environement amplification system and it's done!

Last edited by Mynock; Apr 4, 2014 at 9:47 AM.

From
    Hoboken, New Jersey, United States

Re: SWTOR "Exalted" (Shae Vizla) Mandalorian Helmet

Bad *** right there. Would love to see a pic of the interior in your next set if possible?

From
    Moorhead, Minnesota, United States

That things is freaking awesome.

From
    Fremont, CA

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Amazing Work Mr.....[/FONT][/FONT]

Thanks guys. I now have a run going in the Project Run section of the Classifieds on THERPF. I'm currently looking to do a limited run of 10, so if anyone is interested, let me know, and I will add you to the list. Helmet's outer layer will be cold cast in aluminum; the mics, and antenna wing will also be cold cast, however the actual stalk that attaches to the ear will be 3D printed in ABS plastic for durability. Visor will not be included, though you can get a gold face shielf on Amazon for under $20, or a generic green welder's face shield on ebay for $5.

So far I have 8 spots available.

From
    Humboldt, Saskatchewan, Canada

Put me down please

Im interested in getting one.

Depending on price, I am SERIOUSLY interested!!!

As you wish

[FONT=arial]Here is some info on the helmet that I posted in a run on the RPF.

"The helmet will come as a raw, untrimmed cast, with the ear antenna and mics cast separately. The outer layer of the helmet, antenna wing, and mics will be cold cast in aluminum (just sand, and buff with steel wool for a real metal look!). The ear stalk itself will be an actual 3D printed part, done in ABS plastic for strength. The helmet mold is one piece, so very minimal cleanup/touchup will be needed. Since this helmet appears in a variety of colour schemes in game, I'm assuming each person will want to do their own thing with it. So, the visor will not be included. (If you want a very simple, cost effective visor solution, you can get a green welder's face shield from ebay for $5).

Opening at the base of the helmet is 18cm from side to side and, and 23 cm from front to back. I have a large skull, and it fits me quite well.

Each helmet cast will be $200 Canadian, plus shipping from Canada ($22 to Canada, $36 to US). I will not collect money until each helmet is cast and ready to ship. The interest list is just that, interest, and you will not be locked it. One your helmet is cast, I will contact you via PM. If you are unable to pay, the helmet will be offered to the next person on the list. Payment would be via PayPal."

Those interested in getting on the list for the helmet, please send me an email to taras@mynocksden.com or through the contact section on my website mynocksden.com. It's a lot easier for me to keep track of people that way, as I am active on several forums.[/FONT]

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

So awesome...wish I had spare cash

Helmet finally finished, completed with lights, fan, and padding. This is now ready for some serious bounty hunting! Full ompletion notes on my website, mynocksden.com

Next step, full Armor!
    Last edited by Mynock; Apr 4, 2014 at 9:49 AM.