Subscribe
    May 31, 2010, 1:55 PM - My trash can custom Mando in 2 weeks for last halloween. #1

I just thought I would show what I put together last holloween. I only worked on this for about 2 weeks before I used it to take the kids trick-or-treating. I made the armor from trash cans form ideas I found here. I was not going for super accurate just something to see if I could do it. I will be working on a different set soon and taking more time. I am thinking of using fiberglass for the next set. The bucket was built on an old half helmet for motorcycle riding that I no longer used. I had already made my son's jedi costume earlier in the year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	44269   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chest.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	3.7 KB 
ID:	44268   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cod & legs.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	3.7 KB 
ID:	44270  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	helmet.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	44271   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my custom mando.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	44272  
    Jun 6, 2010, 9:20 AM - Re: My trash can custom Mando in 2 weeks for last halloween. #2

If you want to continue it, you've got a good base to go with, but I would suggest changing the helmet, maybe looking into a Jango 2 piece and work on that, with some gaunts and gloves I think you'd be 90% the way there.

Why don't you pop over to the mando mercs board and see if there is someone in your local area prepared to help you?
    Jun 7, 2010, 8:27 PM - Re: My trash can custom Mando in 2 weeks for last halloween. #3

The only reason I used the old helmet was to be able to let my godsister use my Jango 2 piece for the costume I made her. I am going to rework that helmet later. I had a back plate but it did not turn out so well because of the short time I worked on the armor.