Ok hey everyone i'm a recent new memeber to TDH and recently i've decided to finally start working on my helmet.The helmet i
have is a rubies boba fett helmet simliar to the DP i seriously just think that it's a bad recast of the DP helmet.
First off i took of the range finder and then started sanding the whole helmet to try and sharpen some of the detail and make certain parts more flat.I then took off the old t-visor lens that it came with (which only covered the upper area of the T) and then cut off the rest of the resin in the lower part of the T (The part that was painted black).
After that i then reshaped the helmet by using a hair dryer haha
to give the lower sides of the helmet more width since the rubies sides of the helmet seem to just be narrow and not the flarred wide shape that they should be.
Then i found a metal rod in my garage and bent it to a half circle and hot glued it in the inside of the helmet to help keep it's shape.
(I still have to tweek the T area alittle more once the visor comes in the mail)
Heres some pics
The next thing to do was to cut out the keyholes in the back of the helmet.
and heres a pic
I ordered a new T-visor for my helmet and i'm waiting for it to come in.
I ordered it off of this website check it out they have all sizes for the different boba helmets that you may have
or you can give them measurements for a custom fit.
I'll have more updates when i get some paint