My First Mando

My First Mando

Hello i'm new but have been lurking for a week or so trying to pick up basic concepts and what not

im beginning work on my first costume and want to jump straight into a custom mando.

tommorw i am taking a trip to my local Hobby Lobby/craft store to buy the materials for my bucket and was wondering if there was anything special i needed to pick up besides the cardboad mat, resin, other tools as in a few x-actos, hot glue sticks, etc.

also does good cardboard mat product work for decent first time armor?

I helped at SDCC '08 987654321a's Avatar
    From
    San Diego, CA

Re: My First Mando

A respirator for the resin please. You wouldnt want to get very sick now would you?

get a 3m respirator for 30 bucks.

this is true, also ill put concept sketches and possible colour schemes up tommrw because im on my PSP and its annoying

I helped at SDCC '08 987654321a's Avatar
    From
    San Diego, CA

Alright well, make sure that it either comes with organic filters, or you get organic filters.

From
    Grand Forks, ND

Banana Fett said: View Post
    also does good cardboard mat product work for decent first time armor?

Cardboard does suprisingly well for armor in general. I havent seen it personaly, but there's a few Mando's out there (and a couple here, i think Arden Fisk used cardboard) that did absolutely amazing jobs (Fisk again lol).

So to answer your question, yep !

thanks guys

however its a shame i have no money and have to wait til thursday to get my supplies cause thats when i get paid :/

i threw together this paintjob on the MandoMaker the other day but still plan on sketching out some things and colouring the sketches to post.

i plan on moding the bucket a little bit adding a little bit of texture to make it that much more custom, also i plan on throwing on sort of a White Hand of Sauroman somewhere on the bucket C:

im so excited about getting to hobby lobby but gotta wait for the cash