Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Subscribe
  1. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Jun 30, 2008, 2:24 PM - Re: My Fem Mando Progress (pics) #51

    Quote The Pink Mando said: View Post
    Oh my god! that is so cute! where did you get the decals from?
    Decals?
    Everything is painted.
  2. Mojo-Fett's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,783
    Jun 30, 2008, 2:32 PM - Re: My Fem Mando Progress (pics) #52

    Probably mean the ears?
    But knowing you... ALL painted!
  3. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Jun 30, 2008, 2:33 PM - Re: My Fem Mando Progress (pics) #53

    Quote Mojo-Fett said: View Post
    Probably mean the ears?
    But knowing you... ALL painted!
    LOL
    beat ya to it
  4. Lucksy31's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,225
    Jun 30, 2008, 2:37 PM - Re: My Fem Mando Progress (pics) #54

    Quote slave1pilot said: View Post
    Decals?
    HEY , easy on the decals will ya??

    When you have slave1pilot's skills, ya just don't need em....
  5. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Jun 30, 2008, 2:49 PM - Re: My Fem Mando Progress (pics) #55

    Quote Lucksy31 said: View Post
    HEY , easy on the decals will ya??

    When you have slave1pilot's skills, ya just don't need em....
    Actually, I do use Luckys decals on my chest & shoulders
    i highly recommend them to everyone

    now, back to Pink's bucket
  6. Lucksy31's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,225
    Jun 30, 2008, 2:58 PM - Re: My Fem Mando Progress (pics) #56

    Quote slave1pilot said: View Post
    now, back to Pink's bucket

    I really like ALL of the colors so far, and how they've come together. Looking forward to a complete, full view shot!!
  7. Oddball Fett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    140
    Jun 30, 2008, 3:15 PM - Re: My Fem Mando Progress (pics) #57

    You got the decals already.

    When you mentioned the Mythosaur skull, I looked it up to see what variations turned up and I found this:

    http://www.swagonline.net/node/3320

    It's a fan-made design, but I thought it was kinda cool.
  8. Jun 30, 2008, 8:03 PM - Re: My Fem Mando Progress (pics) #58

    Ha. My bad, I should have gotten you to paint mine! VERY VERY nice! I absolutely ADORE it! <3
  9. vadr_h8r's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    832
    Jun 30, 2008, 8:21 PM - Re: My Fem Mando Progress (pics) #59

    I thought of something that would make your t-visor really stand out. Remember I said something about a pink t-visor? Well how about Pink window film for your BM Visor
    here is the website and a pic! http://www.gilafilms.com/Automotive/...mChoice=XCPink
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whitecar-hotpink.jpg 
Views:	1452 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	25637  
  10. jodo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,207
    Jun 30, 2008, 9:01 PM - Re: My Fem Mando Progress (pics) #60

    Looking good lady!
  11. formerly LOPERO Scoutleader's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    610
    Jun 30, 2008, 9:21 PM - Re: My Fem Mando Progress (pics) #61

    Nice bucket and great job with the painting :thumbup
  12. Jun 30, 2008, 10:30 PM - Re: My Fem Mando Progress (pics) #62

    I got my awesome chest armor today! Thank you Rotton!!!

    I'm pretty small so I'll have to trim it down, but here it is <3

  13. Jun 30, 2008, 10:33 PM - Re: My Fem Mando Progress (pics) #63

    QUESTION... Can anyone tell me how you install the BobaMaker visor, I am having trouble keeping the bolts down. I'm using super glue and they are just popping off.

    THANKS!!!
    XO
    Last edited by The Pink Mando; Jun 30, 2008 at 10:41 PM.
  14. Jun 30, 2008, 10:40 PM - Re: My Fem Mando Progress (pics) #64

    Quote vadr_h8r said: View Post
    I thought of something that would make your t-visor really stand out. Remember I said something about a pink t-visor? Well how about Pink window film for your BM Visor
    here is the website and a pic! http://www.gilafilms.com/Automotive/...mChoice=XCPink
    Thats awesome! But after thinking about it I don't know if it would look good on the visor I have. But we'll see... after the helmet is done, maybe that will be what it's missing.
  15. I helped at SDCC '08 987654321a's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    760
    Jun 30, 2008, 11:06 PM - Re: My Fem Mando Progress (pics) #65

    Use an industrial epoxy. It WILL hold it down and not pop off. I had the same trouble with my visor and the bolts popping off but I fixed it by applying industrial epoxy.
  16. Jun 30, 2008, 11:16 PM - Re: My Fem Mando Progress (pics) #66

    I put it on with some Devcon Plastic welder so hopefully that holds. thanks!
  17. bh-7603's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    812
    Jul 1, 2008, 12:13 AM - Re: My Fem Mando Progress (pics) #67

    i screw mine directly into the helmet. they will NEVER come off.
  18. I helped at SDCC '08 987654321a's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    760
    Jul 1, 2008, 12:21 AM - Re: My Fem Mando Progress (pics) #68

    JB weld or JB Quik works wonders too, its a two part glue and it holds really really well. So if that doesnt work, just use the stuff i mentioned. Take care and good luck.

    Great progress so far!!!
  19. Jul 1, 2008, 12:32 AM - Re: My Fem Mando Progress (pics) #69

    i have been struggling with this visor for hours and cant seem to get it to fit in right. anyone have any pics of how they installed their BM visor?
  20. Jul 1, 2008, 12:38 AM - Re: My Fem Mando Progress (pics) #70

    it looks great , are going to paint the ears? and have you seen those new miror vizors.
  21. saint_nasty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,874
    Jul 1, 2008, 5:39 AM - Re: My Fem Mando Progress (pics) #71

    go to ace hardware and find one of the old guys that have been working there since the dawn of time and ask for chicago screws (they're two part screws, one part screw the other a shank the screw threads into). then stop off in plumbing and get some plumbers putty (i find mine at walmart). when you get home figure out where all the anchor points are going through the visor, i.e. drill some holes through the visor (make them a kinda long, so you have a little room for adjusting. then mark the spot on the inside of the helmet, put a small ball of the putty on each of the spots then set the shank into the putty.

    disclaimer: i used just the putty to hold the visor into my sgt fang helmet, but i plan on using this described technique when i get around to doing my ms3. i have no idea how well it will work with the dp material. but i did use it to hold snaps to sintra tabs and it holds incredibly well to that. (then i gooped the snap-tab to the inside of the armor)
  22. vadr_h8r's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    832
    Jul 1, 2008, 8:52 AM - Re: My Fem Mando Progress (pics) #72

    Here is a pic of Chicago screws so you know what they look like
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chicago screws.jpg 
Views:	1420 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	25654  
  23. Oddball Fett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    140
    Jul 1, 2008, 9:13 AM - Re: My Fem Mando Progress (pics) #73

    Quote The Pink Mando said: View Post
    Ha. My bad, I should have gotten you to paint mine! VERY VERY nice! I absolutely ADORE it! <3

    Thanks, but it's not mine. :o I just found it by looking looking up "Mythosaur" pics on google!
  24. stormtrooperguy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,039
    Jul 1, 2008, 10:59 AM - Re: My Fem Mando Progress (pics) #74

    I always just hot glue the visors in

    That being said, there are a couple of things that can bite you. If the inside of the helmet isn't nice and smooth, it won't sit right.

    If the visor is shaped a bit differently than the helmet, you may get some gaps. I've never really been worried about those myself. I don't think the originals were installed perfectly either. A minor gap will just let more air in, which is a Good Thing.
  25. Jul 1, 2008, 11:59 AM - Re: My Fem Mando Progress (pics) #75

    Quote saint_nasty said: View Post
    go to ace hardware and find one of the old guys that have been working there since the dawn of time and ask for chicago screws (they're two part screws, one part screw the other a shank the screw threads into). then stop off in plumbing and get some plumbers putty (i find mine at walmart). when you get home figure out where all the anchor points are going through the visor, i.e. drill some holes through the visor (make them a kinda long, so you have a little room for adjusting. then mark the spot on the inside of the helmet, put a small ball of the putty on each of the spots then set the shank into the putty.

    disclaimer: i used just the putty to hold the visor into my sgt fang helmet, but i plan on using this described technique when i get around to doing my ms3. i have no idea how well it will work with the dp material. but i did use it to hold snaps to sintra tabs and it holds incredibly well to that. (then i gooped the snap-tab to the inside of the armor)
    Thanks a lot. The inside of the DP is really bumpy and weird so hopefully it sits right. im gonna try the plastic welder again too.

    Quote vadr_h8r said: View Post
    Here is a pic of Chicago screws so you know what they look like
    Thanks a lot for the pic! i don't need any nuts in between the shank and the screw?

Similar Threads

  1. My Shock mando progress.
    By Z-man12 in forum Expanded Universe Bounty Hunters
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: Apr 8, 2008, 2:19 AM
  2. Another Custom Mando in Progress
    By Buck Navillus in forum Expanded Universe Bounty Hunters
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Mar 19, 2007, 1:28 AM
  3. My custom mando progress...
    By BobaFettDaddy in forum Expanded Universe Bounty Hunters
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Jan 24, 2007, 8:51 AM
  4. Pred\'s friends Jet Pack progress pics. Finnished PICS!!!
    By Predatormv in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Oct 24, 2004, 3:05 PM
  5. Chest Armor Progress Pics *UPDATED* New Pics Added
    By b.fett in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: May 17, 2003, 7:37 PM