Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

My Designs - Ogden Caahl

Re: My Designs - Ogden Caahl

The Mythosuar skull, known as "the Mythosaur skull" is common amongst all Mando'ade AFTER the KOTOR era (some Mando's during the KOTOR era wore it but the normal emblem was different). It's marked upon their armour and ships (for example the Bes'uliik class assault fighter), is used (in stylised form) to represent MandalMotors and others. It's NOT unique to Boba or the Fett clan, that's what chest sigils are for.

I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    From
    Yadkinville NC

The modern Mandalorian skull (From atleast 1500bby) is that of Master Jaing, a great Mandalorian combat master. The skull Boba has is the Jaing skull, however the emblem pre-1500bby could possibly be a Mythosaur skull. Since there have never been any pictures of a Mythoaur ever produced, then we really don't know. I know it's already been confirmed in Star Wars Insider that it is in fact Jaing's skull on modern (1500 to present bby) Mandalorian armor.

Orthar is correct about clan and affiliation marks, as those commonly go on the chest. However some also put them on the opposit shoulder from the Jaing skull.

Since the mantle covered it up the main picture just thought I'd show you what my Chest Armor paint scheme will be(With some prelim weathering)

I'm Naas Atiniir (commonly known as Naas'buir), and I approve of this Mando'ad, it's pretty sweet.

Keep up the nice plans, this'll look kandosii

I helped at SDCC '08 The Clayster's Avatar
    From
    Laughlin, NV

Stormrider said: View Post
    I like the luger look more than the modern carbine. Its more starwarsy, but both look good.

To answer a couple other questions. I believe that the 'mythosaur' skull in bobas case is called 'the deaths head' emblem. When I did some work on a starwars game in the 90s, there was a section on that. I dont remember the details but a google will probably show you.

For venting. I used 'window pane molding'. Its found in wal mart for like $5. I actually built the whole gun, in like a half hour.

Its got double sided tape thats ultra sticky, I cut it and placed it on, it made really nice venting, and it held paint well.

The gun cost like 15 bucks total, theres a thread about it in the blasters, but looking at the pics its pretty self explanatory.
    The thread is called $16 dollar 1 hour ee3 or something.

Im going to try to find one of those lugers, so if you find a place shipping them let me know.
    Is your site, starwarsuniverse.com?

I like the chest plate color plans, they look good.

From
    West Tennessee

That is one EXCELLENT concept!

From
    Ooltewah TN

Thats one of the best concepts I've seen in a while! Look forward to seeing it come together! Keep up the work man!

From
    Shallotte, NC

The preproduction for this looks PHENOMENAL...though I do agree with the one person who said make the neck seal a little smaller. Maybe so that the bottom of the chest diamond could be seen.

And on a side note, that neck seal would be ideal for anyone wanting to assemble a NeoCrusader kit.

Jaster TK-1580 said: View Post
    The preproduction for this looks PHENOMENAL...though I do agree with the one person who said make the neck seal a little smaller. Maybe so that the bottom of the chest diamond could be seen.

And on a side note, that neck seal would be ideal for anyone wanting to assemble a NeoCrusader kit.
    Well, it isn't actually the neck seal, it's a mantle worn over even the neckseal, which will be under the vest.

And after figuring out the actual size it would be on me, it won't be covering that much of the chest. You'll be able to see most of the diamond.

Oh, and I got my guns today

I helped at SDCC '08 The Clayster's Avatar
    From
    Laughlin, NV

I am lovin the designs.

Mando armor doesn't have a point (Well, the Fett's don't) on the ab plate on the bottom.

If you want it there though, by all means leave it. Just thought I'd let ya know!

The Clayster said: View Post
    I am lovin the designs.

Mando armor doesn't have a point (Well, the Fett's don't) on the ab plate on the bottom.

If you want it there though, by all means leave it. Just thought I'd let ya know!
    Thanks

yeah, I was just doing this over the Template that I got in one of the threads on here... The template has a point.

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Nice concepts, when will you start to construct?

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

The Clayster said: View Post
    Is your site, starwarsuniverse.com?
    Yes, It is, Ive owned it for about 8 years. It once housed informatio for starwars galaxies, but its sort of dormant now. I redid some of the art a couple months back, but got really busy now.

At some point I intend to drum up some interest and get a few people together to see if we can get it moving.

Reviews, fan movies, rants and raves and costuming tuts.

From
    Roanoke, TX

This is one of the best designs for a mando I have seen in a LONG time. Cant wait to see this brought to life.

GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    Nice concepts, when will you start to construct?
    Not until after christmas since all my money is currently spoken for.

But as soon as Christmas is done with I plan on getting a helmet kit and a chest and shoulder set.

But since I just recieved my guns I'll probably start work on them very soon.

From
    Chicago, IL

nice designs.

Okay, so I recieved my guns and after looking at the shotgun I'm gonna hafta rework a few things.

Thisis the redesign I've got going right now:

This is from a photograph of my actual gun edited in Photoshop. Still not sure of what to do with the stock.

I liked the other but it's just not gonna work.

Opinions on this design so far?

Opinion, do the other one.

But on this one I think if you made the stock a T-stock it wouldn't look to bad.

How's this?

Don't know what I think of that one. I am going to have to sit on it. I think I like the version with out the cone on it. Maby if you added a small section of pipe before the tapierd part. Like on the original.

If you want to see a T-stock go look up the blastech A-280. (The rifle the rebels used on Hoth and Endor.) It has a T-stock.

From
    Honolulu, Hawaii

Tensen01 said: View Post
    I think I've decided on a backpack:

Yup, that's an upside-down, modified Snowtrooper backpack.

I plan on making it hinged and openable.

Anyone know where I could get one?
    i got a snowtrooperpack if your interested, pm me

hapajedi said: View Post
    i got a snowtrooperpack if your interested, pm me
    PM sent

I definitely dig your design! I love the cowl. So many customs are "only" repaints (I've seen a lot of awesome repaints, so that isn't an insult to anyone, by any means) but it's nice to see some variation in form as well as color.

I love your color scheme. You're a very talented artist!

From
    Three weeks in every direction

This is insanely spectacular. We need more people like you on these boards.