Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    May 26, 2007, 3:20 PM - My Armor! #1

Here is a very quick edit in paint I made for my armor. Aint it pretty? lol. I do plan on making a nicer one soon, though.

So what do you think? ^_^

Edit: New version is up!
    Last edited by Crixler; May 26, 2007 at 5:31 PM.
  2. formerly joNich
    May 26, 2007, 9:35 PM - Re: My Armor! #2

That's a cool concept! Can't wait to see it in real life.
    May 26, 2007, 11:18 PM - Re: My Armor! #3

Thanks! I'm thinking of just making a fairly inexpensive suit at first, and getting a final one later. So I need to find that trashcan armor tutorial lol
    May 27, 2007, 12:16 AM - Re: My Armor! #4

Very nice design and color scheme, should turn out nicely! Anything else you're thinking about adding armor/weapon-wise?
    May 27, 2007, 1:29 AM - Re: My Armor! #5

Hmm... Well, I'll probably wear a kama with it, and I'll probably have my Mandalorian skull keychain hanging from my belt. The belt may be a bit different, and I intend for it to be black. I think I won't have the twin holsters. I don't want a jet pack, and I may decide on using clone leg peices instead, for a heavier look. I don't want to do anything too different with the armor itself, though. That's about all I can think of at the moment. And for a first helmet, do you guys think a standard edition Jango rubies would be fine? Would it probably fit well? I'm somewhere around 5'9" and a bit overweight, but nothing too drastic lol. Eventually I may decide to get a higher quality suit, but to begin with it'll just be low budget.

Oh, and for weapons, my character wields a lightaxe. That'll probably have to wait a while though lol. Other than that, I'll probably have a medium pistol and some kind of heavy repeater.
    May 27, 2007, 2:38 AM - Re: My Armor! #6

lovin the red visor, really gives it a good touch
    May 27, 2007, 2:02 PM - Re: My Armor! #7

Yeah, I decided to do that because my character is a Chiss. So I thought it would be kinda cool to show that a bit in the armor! ^_^
    May 27, 2007, 2:51 PM - Re: My Armor! #8

Nice design, can't wait to see this applied to the Armour.... keep the updates coming on this one.....
    May 27, 2007, 3:55 PM - Re: My Armor! #9

chiss eh, sounds awesome, when you troop are you gonna paint your face and wear contacts ?
    May 28, 2007, 1:22 AM - Re: My Armor! #10

Idk, I'd like to kinda, but wouldn't the contacts be extremely expensive? Might go with the face paint though.
    May 28, 2007, 2:34 AM - Re: My Armor! #11

Quote Crixler said: View Post
    Idk, I'd like to kinda, but wouldn't the contacts be extremely expensive? Might go with the face paint though.
    Red contacts or even glow in the dark red contacts are pretty cheap really (Here in Australia its about $60AU for a set that will last several weeks, cheaper I imagine in the US). But as for the kind that cover your entire eyeball I'm not sure, I imagine they're pricier and probably require an optometristís appointment. But it would look REALLY cool though to whip of your bucket to reveal staring red eyes of doom.
    May 28, 2007, 2:57 AM - Re: My Armor! #12

Quote Pesh said: View Post
    Red contacts or even glow in the dark red contacts are pretty cheap really (Here in Australia its about $60AU for a set that will last several weeks, cheaper I imagine in the US). But as for the kind that cover your entire eyeball I'm not sure, I imagine they're pricier and probably require an optometristís appointment. But it would look REALLY cool though to whip of your bucket to reveal staring red eyes of doom.
    Hmm... What do you mean that last a couple of weeks? Does that mean they would wear out or something? Is that normal for contacts?
    May 28, 2007, 3:27 AM - Re: My Armor! #13

Quote Crixler said: View Post
    Hmm... What do you mean that last a couple of weeks? Does that mean they would wear out or something? Is that normal for contacts?
    Yeah. Contacts wear out in much the same way a toothbrush does, left alone they'll be fine for ages, itís the amount of times you wear them that counts.

The corrective kind I wear (and the most common type for coloured lenses) theoretically last for 30 days (or 30 wears), ie putting them on in the morning and taking them out at night. But of course you can wear them for WAY longer than this, that's only the manufacturer's suggestion and they're interested in you buying more sets more often.

You don't need to keep track of exactly how often you've worn them either, you'll know when they've had it - they'll become uncomfortable to wear. With proper care they can last for quite a while.

Be warned though, for the first few days you'll have a hell of a time putting them in and taking them out, once they're in though you shouldn't be a problem. I strongly suggest visiting an optometrist so they can show you how to put them in etc... makes it a lot easier.

They look REALLY cool btw, my friend has some Zombie ones; they're all white so his entire eye is white except for his pupil.

Hope that helps.
    May 28, 2007, 12:18 PM - Re: My Armor! #14

Quote Pesh said: View Post
    Yeah. Contacts wear out in much the same way a toothbrush does, left alone they'll be fine for ages, itís the amount of times you wear them that counts.

The corrective kind I wear (and the most common type for coloured lenses) theoretically last for 30 days (or 30 wears), ie putting them on in the morning and taking them out at night. But of course you can wear them for WAY longer than this, that's only the manufacturer's suggestion and they're interested in you buying more sets more often.

You don't need to keep track of exactly how often you've worn them either, you'll know when they've had it - they'll become uncomfortable to wear. With proper care they can last for quite a while.

Be warned though, for the first few days you'll have a hell of a time putting them in and taking them out, once they're in though you shouldn't be a problem. I strongly suggest visiting an optometrist so they can show you how to put them in etc... makes it a lot easier.

They look REALLY cool btw, my friend has some Zombie ones; they're all white so his entire eye is white except for his pupil.

Hope that helps.
    Hmm... Well, I'll have to consider that! But it's not gunna be my top priority, of course. First thing I want to do is get all the armor plates. Then helmet, then the soft parts. Then I may go for under the armor stuff ^_^
    May 31, 2007, 6:21 PM - Re: My Armor! #15

Just got my trash cans last night, but I'm not sure how I'm gunna print the templates out :/
  16. I helped at SDCC '08 The Clayster's Avatar
    May 31, 2007, 7:18 PM - Re: My Armor! #16

Trace the templates, onto the trash can, then cut it with an X-acto knife.
    Jun 1, 2007, 5:55 PM - Re: My Armor! #17

Quote The Clayster said: View Post
    Trace the templates, onto the trash can, then cut it with an X-acto knife.
    I know that part lol. I meant getting the templates printed out, but I found the answer.
    Jun 1, 2007, 11:43 PM - Re: My Armor! #18

Jun 1, 2007, 11:56 PM - Re: My Armor! #19

Oh yes,the fun of bending over a trashcan with tin snips and an exacto knife......................

Good luck man
    Jun 2, 2007, 12:12 AM - Re: My Armor! #20

Quote Untried Hunter said: View Post
    Oh yes,the fun of bending over a trashcan with tin snips and an exacto knife......................

Good luck man
    Actually I've been using some kind of garden clippers XD

I was going to work on it more tonight, but I got a blister lol

21. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Jun 2, 2007, 4:36 AM - Re: My Armor! #21

Trash Cans are pretty good, but why not use a material like Styrene or Sintra? It's so much easier to cut, it will actually glue, and is so much easier to form.

Also, I don't know if you noticed or not, but the picture you used above to show your Mando colour scheme is of a Jango Fett, but you are cutting Boba Fett armour. I don't know if you noticed or not.

Good luck though!

Andy
    TK-1287
    Jun 2, 2007, 2:19 PM - Re: My Armor! #22

Quote GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    Trash Cans are pretty good, but why not use a material like Styrene or Sintra? It's so much easier to cut, it will actually glue, and is so much easier to form.

Also, I don't know if you noticed or not, but the picture you used above to show your Mando colour scheme is of a Jango Fett, but you are cutting Boba Fett armour. I don't know if you noticed or not.

Good luck though!

Andy
    TK-1287
    Well I don't know where to get hold of Sintra, and the trash can solution sounded easy enough lol

And no, this is Jango armor. I used Wizards Jango template.
  23. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Jun 2, 2007, 8:35 PM - Re: My Armor! #23

Oh yes, I see that it's Jango now. The curvature of the trash can warped the image.
    Jun 2, 2007, 8:50 PM - Re: My Armor! #24

I like it!
  25. I helped at SDCC '08 The Clayster's Avatar
    Jun 2, 2007, 9:19 PM - Re: My Armor! #25

Well since you are a Chiss, are you like 4 ft. tall?
    Are you gonna paint yourself blue under the armor?