Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Subscribe
    Dec 9, 2009, 2:50 PM - Re: My 1st custom Mando #26

what you can do is use card stock, it's good enough to hold together, then just paint it with resin so it'll absorb the resin and harden. Follow the resin coat with a Rondo coat.

I use standard tape to hold my stuff together, gluing takes too long.

As for Rondo, it is just resin (with out the hardener) mixed with Bondo to a nice honey thickness, then add the bondo hardener not resin hardener, mix good and poor it on.

A'den know's it a little better, maybe he'll give a better idea.

Or like Nau'ur Baatir says, some people use plastic drinking cups, I have a few from TacoHell that I plan on cutting in half just for a base and then something flat to layer on top of it.
    Dec 9, 2009, 2:58 PM - Re: My 1st custom Mando #27

yeah I'm going to be using plain old cardboard boxes that I cut up for my gaunts and shin plates (which are the wrap around ODST style). Trust A'den... he's quite awesome at this stuff.
    Dec 9, 2009, 6:56 PM - Re: My 1st custom Mando #28

Adonian's got it right... One thing thought; you can also use the resin hardener. I usually do about a 1-1 resin hardener to bondo hardener. That way you have enough of each in the end.

A'den
    Dec 9, 2009, 9:11 PM - Re: My 1st custom Mando #29

Quote A'den Kyramud said: View Post
    Adonian's got it right... One thing thought; you can also use the resin hardener. I usually do about a 1-1 resin hardener to bondo hardener. That way you have enough of each in the end.

A'den

Didn't think about that.
    Dec 10, 2009, 1:49 PM - Re: My 1st custom Mando #30

Thanks a lot for your help:thumbup I think, i will give the WOF/cardbox thing a try. There was a pictured tutorial thread somewhere here but i cannot find it again. Think, i could use some empty cereal boxes to glue the templates on. And even if it doesnt work, i could at least say, that i've tried.

I dont wanna use those football/soccer shin guards,because i really love and wanna have some Boba/Jango style gauntlets and the soccer shins are best for other styles of gaunts.

Today i finished my chest armor parts and my shin guards and boot tops,here are some pictures. I think, this is my final version of the chest parts,i don't want to make more changes. But if you have some ideas,please let me now. Maybe there are some ways for improvements and you could give me some suggestions.

and BTW, my flightsuit (it's black, but thinking about a different color,what do YOU think?) and my gloves:

Last edited by Kezz; Dec 10, 2009 at 1:56 PM.
    Dec 10, 2009, 5:41 PM - Re: My 1st custom Mando #31

nice, you can cut plastic shapes to put as hand armor... as for cereal boxes, yup they work great.
    Dec 10, 2009, 8:17 PM - Re: My 1st custom Mando #32

Ooo! Very nice stripe and damage. Good job!
    Dec 11, 2009, 12:22 AM - Re: My 1st custom Mando #33

Weathering looks fantastic, vod.

As for flight suit colors, I think I'd stay away from blues and light grays. Blue (dark or light) I think would clash with your armor colors. Light grays and you start leaning towards Boba territory.
    Dec 11, 2009, 9:54 AM - Re: My 1st custom Mando #34

Quote Nau'ur Baatir said: View Post
    Weathering looks fantastic, vod.

...Light grays and you start leaning towards Boba territory.
    Yea,i know. Thats why i'll keep the black one,i think. Anything (light) grey would look like a cheap Boba version instead of a (hopefully good looking) custom Mando.

Today i started working on my cod piece and the back plate of my armor, cut them from a 2mm PP board and gave them shape with a blow torch:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00102.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	38684   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00104.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	38685  
    Dec 11, 2009, 2:20 PM - Re: My 1st custom Mando #35

Quote Kezz said: View Post
    Thanks (again) for all your comments!

Today i (allmost) finished my work on my Blaster. While my armor parts were still drying, i thought this could be a good point to start building my weapon (or modifying a weapon i bought,actually )

So here are the pictures of my blaster,from the very beginning to how it looks NOW:

(And as allways : Any suggestions are allways welcome )

Fill the holes!!!
    Dec 15, 2009, 4:38 AM - Re: My 1st custom Mando #36

Received my new t-visor today and i think i will start working on my jango 1-piece in the next few weeks.

I have no idea how my bucket should to be painted. WHAT i know is,that it should somehow match my armor colors. But i DO NOT want a green painted bucket with a red eye-part,cuz it might look like a boba bucket. So do YOU have any color ideas for my bucket?
    Dec 15, 2009, 6:24 AM - Re: My 1st custom Mando #37

Have you thought of red with a green visor?
    Dec 15, 2009, 6:36 AM - Re: My 1st custom Mando #38

Sounds like a nice idea. But i'm afraid,the red helmet won't really match the army green armor parts,cuz the red stripe on my chest parts is the only red thing on my armor until now and i don't want too much red on my parts. i tried to use the mando maker but i didnt feel good with the results
    Dec 15, 2009, 11:56 AM - Re: My 1st custom Mando #39

Just have a fully green helmet with the red stripe down one side then.
    Dec 16, 2009, 10:52 AM - Re: My 1st custom Mando #40

I see you already have your t-visor, the do make them in red, I would suggest a green bucket with red mirror visor and a red stripe.

you can also get red mirror tint and tint the visor for a subtle red in the visor, but definitely go with the green bucket with red stripe to go with the armor.
    Dec 16, 2009, 2:53 PM - Re: My 1st custom Mando #41

Quote Kezz said: View Post
    Thanks (again) for all your comments!

Today i (allmost) finished my work on my Blaster. While my armor parts were still drying, i thought this could be a good point to start building my weapon (or modifying a weapon i bought,actually )

So here are the pictures of my blaster,from the very beginning to how it looks NOW:

(And as allways : Any suggestions are allways welcome )
    That couldn't look more like a cheap kiddie Halo battle rifle.
    haha.
    Dec 16, 2009, 7:09 PM - Re: My 1st custom Mando #42

@ Saz & Adonian: Yes,i think, I'll make that green bucket with the red mirror visor and the red stripe. Idea sounds great and it will perfectly match my chest armor.

Today i finished my cod piece and the back armor and started working on my gauntlets:

The cod piece with green coat:

...and after weathering:

same with my back piece:

before weathering:

and after:

and here my right gauntlet so far:

Later today i will drill some holes into the gauntlet and add some switches and buttons. and color,of course
    Last edited by Kezz; Dec 18, 2009 at 1:43 AM. Reason: pictures added
    Dec 18, 2009, 2:29 AM - Re: My 1st custom Mando #43

Still lookin' fantastic. Keep it up
    Dec 18, 2009, 11:30 AM - Re: My 1st custom Mando #44

the sell LED lights with battery packs already attached for Xmas lights, maybe you can use some of them.

By the way, it looks great.
    Dec 22, 2009, 11:28 AM - Re: My 1st custom Mando #45

Thanks! And Hi everyone! i was really busy and hard-working the last few days and today i finished working on my gauntlets. First i tried the Boba WOF templates but i wasn't pleased with the results of my held-together-with-adhesive-tape-pre-gauntlets and i also didn't want to use those sport-shinguards. That's when i came back with my idea of using WOF's shin templates and made them again of a 2mm PP board. I found most of the "addon"-stuff at work, except some parts which i had to buy. So here are the results:

After giving my right gauntlet 2 layers of silver coat, i drilled 3 holes into the side of my gauntlet (to add the electronics later) and spray-painted it with my prefered color:RAL 6031 - army green:

Dec 22, 2009, 11:38 AM - Re: My 1st custom Mando #46

Thanks! And Hi everyone! i was really busy and hard-working the last few days and today i finished working on my gauntlets. First i tried the Boba WOF templates but i wasn't pleased with the results of my held-together-with-adhesive-tape-pre-gauntlets and i also didn't want to use those sport-shinguards. That's when i came back with my idea of using WOF's shin templates and made them again of a 2mm PP board. I found most of the "addon"-stuff at work, except some parts which i had to buy. So here are the results:

After giving my right gauntlet 2 layers of silver coat, i drilled 3 holes into the side of my gauntlet (to add the electronics later) and spray-painted it with my prefered color:RAL 6031 - army green:

On these pictures you can also see that i used some parts from an old X-wing model kit which once felt from my shelf and broke into pieces (actually my cat kicked it from the shelf ).

button,,switch and red LED:

after the paint had dried, i added the electronics,and started weathering:

and allmost complete (the hose-connector is still missing):

my FINISHED right gauntlet (please ignore the red jacket i'm wearing,it's part of my working suit ):

That's how i built my right gauntlet. So what do you think? The "Making of" my LEFT gauntlet with pictures (of course) is coming soon...
    Last edited by Kezz; Dec 23, 2009 at 1:40 AM.
    Dec 22, 2009, 12:47 PM - Re: My 1st custom Mando #47

I like.
    Dec 22, 2009, 8:19 PM - Re: My 1st custom Mando #48

Wow. Kandosii! More more more!
    Dec 22, 2009, 9:00 PM - Re: My 1st custom Mando #49

wow. Your kit is coming along wicked nice! Love the gauntlets!
    Dec 24, 2009, 3:19 AM - Re: My 1st custom Mando #50

Quote Nau'ur Baatir said: View Post
    Wow. Kandosii! More more more!

Ok, here IS more:

For my left gauntlet i found some stuff at work,which i glued on with my hot glue gun (some drill boxes and stuff like that). After that i added 2 layers of grey primer:

(you can also see the holes for the electronics)

On my first draft of my right gauntlet i had a little "connection port" which i didnt use on my right one but i came back with the idea when building my left gauntlet.
    While thinking about it, i got some other idea. And that's what i found:

What do i want with it? well,lets have a look... :

And then again: painted everything silver then added the army green color and 4 Keys,which i painted the same red color as my stripe on my chest pieces to match the color scheme:

And after weathering, my gauntlets are finished!! Here a picture "side by side":

Thanks for "watching" .