Merric Nar'vell- Custom Mando WIP

From
    WI, USA

Merric Nar'vell- Custom Mando WIP

I have only been on here for a few weeks, and I think it is my time to finally share somthing. I started this two days ago, but I did most of it today. Now that I have somthing looking pretty good, I decided it was time to post! I used WOF's templates, but the bucket it waaay toooo big for me. It is a little wider than I would have liked, so if anyone has an idea on how to slim it down, that would be amazing. I mostly used Antman's tut, but it still came out pretty wierd. Also, I thought it would be cool to change up the face a little bit. I added a custom little mouthpiece, and it is going to give make the visor look like it has teeth.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mando-wip-001-jpg   mando-wip-002-jpg   mando-wip-003-jpg  

mando-wip-004-jpg  
    Last edited by HIHIHI08; Aug 4, 2009 at 12:01 PM.

From
    WI, USA

Re: Merric Nar'vell- Custom Mando WIP

Sorry for the double post, but I was able to put together a concept sketch. For the coloration, I am looking at black armor with a dark red trim, and the visor will be silver, chrome, or somthing like that. I will try to get a colored sketch soon. I wanted to put a rangefinder on there, because that is just too cool! So I will keep working at this, and will hopefully have more progress soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails concept-sketch-001-jpg   concept-sketch-002-jpg  

From
    Glendale, Arizona

Looks good! I like the half poncho thing.

To slim a bucket down, you can make a dome, then wrap the rim part around that, and using the base part of the pattern (the one that fits into the bottom of the helmet), trim that into a narrower shape, then pull the rim in to match that and trim as needed.

A'den

From
    San Diego, CA

Me too, also, follow A'den advice, he is awesome!!

From
    WI, USA

Thanks, that will help immensely (I spelled that wrong ). I haven't gotten any more progress, but I have been working on a really nice picture of Merric, working on getting some color in there. I am almost done with it, so hurray for that! I will start planning something for the armor, 'cause a mando isnt a mando without some armor. Yeah. But I have gotten the color and armor down. I decided to put on a half poncho, because I have never seen that before, and thought it would be awesome!

From
    San Diego

Uh Oh Adonian has arrived.....................

Any progress?

I'm watching...