Okay, I have been going over this idea for the past four years or so - I've been refining it into a concept that I really felt comfortable with, and now I'm at the point where I can start some serious work.
First off is the helmet. I've decided to completely finish the helmet before I began work on anything else.
It's a Mystery size helmet that I picked up about 2 years ago. Went through alot of modifications, then I painted it all up using automotive paints.
The colors (and every other aspect of the bucket, for that matter) are custom - made up by me. I chose a dark gunmetal grey for the base, and used a rusty brownish color for the trim. The earcaps are painted orange to compliment the rust color.
In reality the helmet is only 99% done, not finished. I'm currently working on revamping the interior, and building a rangefiner & stalk. I'll also be adding an aluminum bar to the lower lip of the t-visor. It'll make the helmet more stable, help to cover up that rough cut, and also add to the custom look.
Mercke Lutso is a Mandalorian Supercommando character that I made up a long time ago. I'm writing a novel about him atm...he was also my avatar during the short time that I played SWG (CU). I plan on making a full ensemble to reflect the character. I have drawings - I'll post them later.
The bucket. Here she is:
Here are some detail shots:
I filled in the two arrows above the brow, for some more diversity among other customs. Also filled in the dent.
Put three chrome tacks on the lip of the rear-left, just for the heck of it.
A closeup on some of the layered weathering. Edited for better visibility.
Tweaked the left earpiece.