Member of 501st wants himself a Kal Skirata

  1. #1

    Member of 501st wants himself a Kal Skirata

    Hi folks!

    Just registered to the Helmet

    I just love the mandos they are awesome... And I want a mando thats 501st accepted, so I decid to make a Kal Skirata armor

    So I need a little help!

    I wonder what differences there are between a Jango and Kal? I know the colors and weathering and stuff... but the parts?
    Could I order Jango parts and just repaint them?

    And what about the helmet with the rangefinder

  2. #2
    SNOWAURE's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    From
    Maracay Venezuela
    Posts
    397

    Re: Member of 501st wants himself a Kal Skirata

    Hi Devander, let me contac a friend in the 501 to know about Kal Skirata costume and I let you know....

    here is my place bro, take a look later.

    snowaure's Library | Photobucket

    kal-skirata-pngkal-skirata-png

  3. #3

    Re: Member of 501st wants himself a Kal Skirata

    Wow thanks

  4. #4

    Re: Member of 501st wants himself a Kal Skirata

    SNOWAURE said: View Post
    Hi Devander, let me contac a friend in the 501 to know about Kal Skirata costume and I let you know....

    here is my place bro, take a look later.

    snowaure's Library | Photobucket

    kal-skirata-pngkal-skirata-png
    Any progress in this search?

  5. #5

    Re: Member of 501st wants himself a Kal Skirata

    I have talked to Daz and he is going to help me with the flightsuit, flakvest, beltpockets and of course the helmet
    I have a local friend that could help me with all the armor parts I need

  6. #6
    Tacsix's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2013
    From
    Ottawa,Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    10

    Re: Member of 501st wants himself a Kal Skirata

    Hey guys I am also looking to do a Kal build and would really appreciate any help you could provide as to where I can locate flightsuit etc. i have armour on the way but would really love some help with resources etc as this is my first build and I want to do it right for 501st approval.
    Thanks all
    Dave

  7. #7
    Azriel24's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2013
    From
    DFW Texas
    Posts
    9

    Re: Member of 501st wants himself a Kal Skirata

    Tacsix said: View Post
    Hey guys I am also looking to do a Kal build and would really appreciate any help you could provide as to where I can locate flightsuit etc. i have armour on the way but would really love some help with resources etc as this is my first build and I want to do it right for 501st approval.
    Thanks all
    Dave
    I've been looking for flightsuit help myself, I've recently joined tdh and am trying to put together a mando kit of my own. My wife is helping me, but we are trying to do a ton of research before we get started. I think I've settled on the Jaster set, but I think all of the mando looks are pretty awesome. If you find a good place for flight suits I'd appreciate it. I'm a little taller (6'2, 230) so its been hard to find one without having to have it made to fit me. That may be best in the end, just a lot of trouble lol

  8. #8
    Tacsix's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2013
    From
    Ottawa,Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    10

    Re: Member of 501st wants himself a Kal Skirata

    [Hey Azriel I ordered mine from Daz - Bobamaker he is the best from what I can gather from my research. I did the same as you and researched the hell out of everything and looks like hes the man. I tried some other recommended people but no one would get back to me.
    I ordered a flak from him too. He is not cheap so if you get sticker shock prepare yourself. The charcoal grey is something he had to source and cost a bit extra but his work is second to none and he doesn't use cheap materials. The flak is real leather etc so should last a long time
    Stay in touch and we can work through our builds together. I just got my bucket and a few other pieces so I am just starting out. I have a local contact who is helping who is a master builder so if I can help you I will
    Dave

  9. #9
    Wes7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2012
    From
    Orlando
    Posts
    381

    Re: Member of 501st wants himself a Kal Skirata

    Azriel24 said: View Post
    I've been looking for flightsuit help myself, I've recently joined tdh and am trying to put together a mando kit of my own. My wife is helping me, but we are trying to do a ton of research before we get started. I think I've settled on the Jaster set, but I think all of the mando looks are pretty awesome. If you find a good place for flight suits I'd appreciate it. I'm a little taller (6'2, 230) so its been hard to find one without having to have it made to fit me. That may be best in the end, just a lot of trouble lol
    Arkady is the cheapest, fastest and friendliest in regards to flight suits sewn to your measurements. Also, the best if you ask me...

  10. #10

    Member Since
    Apr 2013
    From
    Princeville, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    2

    Re: Member of 501st wants himself a Kal Skirata

    Devander said: View Post
    Hi folks!

    Just registered to the Helmet

    I just love the mandos they are awesome... And I want a mando thats 501st accepted, so I decid to make a Kal Skirata armor

    So I need a little help!

    I wonder what differences there are between a Jango and Kal? I know the colors and weathering and stuff... but the parts?
    Could I order Jango parts and just repaint them?

    And what about the helmet with the rangefinder
    Are you going to be posting a Work in progress any where?

  11. #11

    Re: Member of 501st wants himself a Kal Skirata

    I am a member of the 501st and I am also working on a Kal Skirata. I've done quite bit of research so if i can help at all, please let me know.

    If you look in the albums at the Mandalorian Workshop FB page you will see my Kal work that I have done. As well as the scratch build helmet I am working on.

    https://www.facebook.com/TheMandalorianWorkshop

Similar Threads

  1. Kal Skirata: Kal Skirata
    By Wes in forum Expanded Universe Bounty Hunters
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: Sep 23, 2013, 6:10 AM
  2. Kal Skirata: My Kal Skirata - Finished 2010, 1st 501st Approved & Merc Approved
    By TK2280 in forum Expanded Universe Bounty Hunters
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: Nov 4, 2012, 2:43 PM
  3. Kal Skirata: Kal Skirata costume in the works, for now the helmet
    By EagleEye in forum Expanded Universe Bounty Hunters
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jan 14, 2012, 4:50 PM
  4. Kal Skirata: Kal Skirata
    By Kal Skirata in forum Expanded Universe Bounty Hunters
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: Nov 15, 2011, 1:25 PM
  5. Kal Skirata helmet methods
    By jangofett76 in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Oct 24, 2007, 10:48 AM
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •