Member of 501st wants himself a Kal Skirata

Member of 501st wants himself a Kal Skirata

Hi folks!

Just registered to the Helmet

I just love the mandos they are awesome... And I want a mando thats 501st accepted, so I decid to make a Kal Skirata armor

So I need a little help!

I wonder what differences there are between a Jango and Kal? I know the colors and weathering and stuff... but the parts?
    Could I order Jango parts and just repaint them?

And what about the helmet with the rangefinder

From
    Maracay Venezuela

Re: Member of 501st wants himself a Kal Skirata

Hi Devander, let me contac a friend in the 501 to know about Kal Skirata costume and I let you know....

here is my place bro, take a look later.

snowaure's Library | Photobucket

kal-skirata-pngkal-skirata-png

Wow thanks

SNOWAURE said: View Post
    Hi Devander, let me contac a friend in the 501 to know about Kal Skirata costume and I let you know....

here is my place bro, take a look later.

snowaure's Library | Photobucket

kal-skirata-pngkal-skirata-png
    Any progress in this search?

I have talked to Daz and he is going to help me with the flightsuit, flakvest, beltpockets and of course the helmet
    I have a local friend that could help me with all the armor parts I need

From
    Ottawa,Ontario, Canada

Hey guys I am also looking to do a Kal build and would really appreciate any help you could provide as to where I can locate flightsuit etc. i have armour on the way but would really love some help with resources etc as this is my first build and I want to do it right for 501st approval.
    Thanks all
    Dave

From
    DFW Texas

Tacsix said: View Post
    Hey guys I am also looking to do a Kal build and would really appreciate any help you could provide as to where I can locate flightsuit etc. i have armour on the way but would really love some help with resources etc as this is my first build and I want to do it right for 501st approval.
    Thanks all
    Dave
    I've been looking for flightsuit help myself, I've recently joined tdh and am trying to put together a mando kit of my own. My wife is helping me, but we are trying to do a ton of research before we get started. I think I've settled on the Jaster set, but I think all of the mando looks are pretty awesome. If you find a good place for flight suits I'd appreciate it. I'm a little taller (6'2, 230) so its been hard to find one without having to have it made to fit me. That may be best in the end, just a lot of trouble lol

From
    Ottawa,Ontario, Canada

[Hey Azriel I ordered mine from Daz - Bobamaker he is the best from what I can gather from my research. I did the same as you and researched the hell out of everything and looks like hes the man. I tried some other recommended people but no one would get back to me.
    I ordered a flak from him too. He is not cheap so if you get sticker shock prepare yourself. The charcoal grey is something he had to source and cost a bit extra but his work is second to none and he doesn't use cheap materials. The flak is real leather etc so should last a long time
    Stay in touch and we can work through our builds together. I just got my bucket and a few other pieces so I am just starting out. I have a local contact who is helping who is a master builder so if I can help you I will
    Dave

From
    Orlando

Azriel24 said: View Post
    I've been looking for flightsuit help myself, I've recently joined tdh and am trying to put together a mando kit of my own. My wife is helping me, but we are trying to do a ton of research before we get started. I think I've settled on the Jaster set, but I think all of the mando looks are pretty awesome. If you find a good place for flight suits I'd appreciate it. I'm a little taller (6'2, 230) so its been hard to find one without having to have it made to fit me. That may be best in the end, just a lot of trouble lol
    Arkady is the cheapest, fastest and friendliest in regards to flight suits sewn to your measurements. Also, the best if you ask me...

From
    Princeville, Illinois, United States

Devander said: View Post
    Hi folks!

Just registered to the Helmet

I just love the mandos they are awesome... And I want a mando thats 501st accepted, so I decid to make a Kal Skirata armor

So I need a little help!

I wonder what differences there are between a Jango and Kal? I know the colors and weathering and stuff... but the parts?
    Could I order Jango parts and just repaint them?

And what about the helmet with the rangefinder
    Are you going to be posting a Work in progress any where?

I am a member of the 501st and I am also working on a Kal Skirata. I've done quite bit of research so if i can help at all, please let me know.

If you look in the albums at the Mandalorian Workshop FB page you will see my Kal work that I have done. As well as the scratch build helmet I am working on.

https://www.facebook.com/TheMandalorianWorkshop