Subscribe
  1. Nov 2, 2008, 8:28 AM - me and my... umm armor #1

this is just armor that i(and my dad) made in two days. i needed to make armor in time for Halloween,so its pretty crapy compared to others on this site. so here it is....

i didn't have a helmet so i just put my darth vader and paint ball mask together. I made my armor with left over cardboard- i mean beskar'gam.
    sorry for the sideways image. my weaponary is an airsoft auto, airsot shotgun(witch i plan to cut offthe berrel to look like a starwars pistol), wester-34, a lightsaber, two knives, and a sword.
    Last edited by BloodyGrunt333; Nov 6, 2008 at 8:42 PM. Reason: needed to put up more pictures
    Nov 2, 2008, 1:31 PM - Re: me and my... umm armor #2

hmmmm....Darth Fett... very interesting!!
  3. Nov 2, 2008, 2:06 PM - Re: me and my... umm armor #3

Darth Fett hmmmm i wouldnt put it that way but it works8)
    and somehow(maybe your name or avatar) i don't think you liked the vader part of it.
    Last edited by BloodyGrunt333; Nov 7, 2008 at 5:06 PM.
  4. Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Nov 3, 2008, 10:49 PM - Re: me and my... umm armor #4

Better then i could do with 2 days
    Nov 4, 2008, 6:19 AM - Re: me and my... umm armor #5

Now you can use that cardboard armor as templates to make a splendid new set from sintra or trash cans.

I'm chiming in because that is exactly what I am doing with the cardboard armor that I whipped up for my "little Boba" for Halloween...she(yes, she) wore it for trick-or-treating, and it has since been traced onto plastic so we can make something nice enough to troop in.
  6. I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    Nov 4, 2008, 6:54 AM - Re: me and my... umm armor #6

Yep, you have some awesome templates for armor. Another way to go about this is just covering the cardboard with bondo/fiberglass and sanding it down smooth. This way you are already building on what you have, and don't need to cut much of anything else out.
  7. Nov 4, 2008, 2:46 PM - Re: me and my... umm armor #7

yeah im probably going do some trashcan armor and the armor peices are a little too big for me. I had no idea how to print smaller and im 5'7" an ended up using the 5'9" templets. if any knows how to do this and could explian it simpliar(i know that i need to print at 97.1%) and witch program to print on like paint or something. im using WOF's templets.
  8. I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    Nov 4, 2008, 3:16 PM - Re: me and my... umm armor #8

If you can get Nero Viewer, then you can modify the size of your templates MUCH easier for printing.
    Nov 4, 2008, 5:00 PM - Re: me and my... umm armor #9

Not too shabby. xD I spent 2 weekend days on my cardboard costume. It turned out good...but I had alot more time when you really think about it.

Definately trace this into sintra or something and make yourself a helmet.
  10. Nov 5, 2008, 5:43 PM - Re: me and my... umm armor #10

Not to be difficult or anything but how would one make the size different on let say on windows picture and fax veiwer or paint?
    Nov 5, 2008, 5:57 PM - Re: me and my... umm armor #11

I'd google that question...because I have the same problem. Maybe change the dimensions when you go to print options? I'm not sure if basic windows stuff has that option though.
    Jan 17, 2009, 9:27 PM - Re: me and my... umm armor #12

How 'bout Boba Vader for a name...
    Jan 17, 2009, 9:38 PM - Re: me and my... umm armor #13

bloody,you can do alot with trashcan,its actually pretty good IMHO so go for it vod!!
  14. Jan 19, 2009, 8:33 AM - Re: me and my... umm armor #14

thanks everyone, i still havent got a thrash can yet and i dont even have a deffinentcolor choices in my head yet. oh and i know that i am not keeping the shoulders like that they keep hitting things as i wallk by.so thanks agian for comments