Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

McQuarrie Concept Fett WIP

From
    Titusville, FL

Re: McQuarrie Concept Fett WIP

This is the back of the figure's helmet...

And this is the back of the SGB MQ Fett...

I'm going for something like that. More detail will be added after I get a couple layers of Bondo.

Oh, and I got that gif by typing in BONDO on PhotoBucket. Kinda cool, isn't it?

David.

the detail is really coming out in the cheeks

Yeah i combed as many MQ ref. pics I could and there was never really one of the back of this particular helmet. So I used the hasbro figure as reference for the back.in the pic you posted the details are washed out because of the all white paint but it does have all the same carved in lines as the figure helmet does.
    Yours is looking good see what I mean about all the wierd angles in the face it took me forever to get them right and even still they arent perfect.

From
    Titusville, FL

Exactly. It's tough to do a helmet from a figure, but you did a good job. I hope mine is as good as yours. I screen-grabbed that pic from your youtube video. I hope you don't mind.

David.

Bringing back a somewhat old thread... This thing is awesome! Did it ever get finished? Would love to give this helmet a shot.

From
    Titusville, FL

A thread back from the dead! Wow, I had actually forgotten that I had started this thing. Just to let you know, it's still alive and a project I intend to finish.

I was finally able to pick up the proper tools to get some more work done on this thing.

You can see there's still a lot of detail work to do on the face. I noticed that the mandables aren't exactly even and the brow line needs work. What I'm planning on doing is putting a backing behind the eyes and filling that with Bondo so I can literally carve out the eyes again. That's why the bridge of the nose isn't looking so good. But it's progress. I also did do a layer of Bondo on the back side, but need to do another layer. It came out okay, but there are still some areas that are just too deep for filler putty.

I wanted to give some respect to SGB for letting me use a picture of his completed bucket to get mine somewhat similar. Mine is going to be a little different, but close.

David.
    Last edited by Jaiden; Jul 7, 2009 at 6:34 AM.

From
    Glendale, Arizona

Very nice!!! A thread that has been revived and is again alive!!!