Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Aug 2010
    Sep 4, 2010, 2:56 PM - Mandolorian Back Armor help!!! #1

Im having a little trouble with the back side of the mandolorian armor. This is my first mando costume im making, so i'm kinda a rookie, but im making my costume on the more budget friendly (cutting out pieces from the plastic totes they sell at Walmart) but I can't find one big enough to make the back armor in one piece (Im no expert, and don't know how to combine two pieces) sure some of the 45 plastic totes would have worked, but they have a uneven surface and I would't exactly know how to fill in the space. Does anybody know where I can find a plastic tote big enough to for the back armor (or mabey somewhere I can get the same type of material) I live by boston if that helps.
    Last edited by gogamer2007; Sep 5, 2010 at 12:52 PM.
  2. Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Sep 8, 2010, 1:52 PM - Re: Mandolorian Back Armor help!!! #2

Try looking for a trash can with the same texture (or lack thereof) as the totes. You'll have to straighten it a bit, but you should be able to get a decent piece of plastic from one. Just make sure to take a flexible measuring tape with you to ensure the can is big enough in diameter to get the piece out of it.

Either that or make a segmented back plate. While I don't really care for the look where Mando armor is concerned, I have seen some very nice kits with them done extremely well.