Subscribe
    Mar 23, 2008, 7:19 PM - Mando'ad Commando #1

Su'cuy gar vode! Im working on making my first mando beskar'gam and i have a couple ideas, and was wondering if you could lend me some other ideas to add to my own. I want to make my armour truely different but still have the mando look to it. i want it to look bigger than traditional mando armour (ie. republic commando katarn armour is larger in size compared to that of the regular clone infantry). i also want the range finder to be different if not exempt from the helmet, any ideas of other things i could add to my bucket?
    Hodayc
    Mar 23, 2008, 7:40 PM - Re: Mando'ad Commando #2

Why not take a few ideas from things like SW Galaxies? Things like the lower leg armour/greaves. From the front they are similar to Jango's but include a separate section that joins at the back making them fully enclosed. Add hand armour (many Mando'ade do this anyway), beef up the shoulder bells and add additional bicep armour. Have the kidney armour (loads of Mando's choose not to wear this). Larger weapons on the gauntlets would make you bigger too. Have the armoured spats and add extra plates to your boots. Neck armour like this...

Things like that.
  3. Mar 23, 2008, 9:22 PM - Re: Mando'ad Commando #3

nice work ner vod, can't wait to see the whole thing together. BTW I think it's Mando'ade, Mando'ad me mandolorian children. I like the neck armor, best we learn from jango's mishap.

Oya Mando!!!
    Mar 23, 2008, 9:47 PM - Re: Mando'ad Commando #4

Mando'ad means "Child of Mandalore" while Mando'ade means "Children of Mandalore." The letter e indicates plurality.

I too added neck armour.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
    Mar 27, 2008, 10:26 AM - Re: Mando'ad Commando #5

my first incarnation of my bucket had a tiny flash light in place of a range finder....ive put the range finder in since than...and i added the light about 2 inches bellow it!
    Mar 28, 2008, 12:50 PM - Re: Mando'ad Commando #6

Nice take on the neck armour Shatir.

One idea is to look at some of the old KOTOR era Mandos, not the Neo Crusaders but the Neo-Crusader Shock Troopers.

Just remember that Mando's prefer manoeuvrability over tank like armour, you want fully enclosing Mando armour then you're looking at the original Neo-Crusaders.
  7. Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Mar 28, 2008, 1:15 PM - Re: Mando'ad Commando #7

I too am doing a heavy commando. And am using neck armor. Great minds and all that eh?

I opted to go for a sleek clamshell look and then work it up from there. So I grabbed myself an OSCS Clone Kit and am going to intersparse it with some custom pieces as well as mando pieces.

Of course having grabbed the Marrow Sun custom chest armor helps me fit it all into a Mando/Clone look (he modeled it after the P2 Clone armor with a Mando over the top look).

But yes as other have stated and as is evident by the RC vs Clone thing, Bigger shoulders and a fuller chest will make all the difference themselves. If you want a traditional looking Mando chest you could do it similar to SWG which has the chest plates connected at the top and a slightly larger collar. Full enclosure as well as as an appearance of enviro seal also will help, plan on making my armor appear vac sealed. Kidney plate is a must even though many opt not to wear it. Just follow your inner Mando!

Alexis
    *smiles*
    Mar 28, 2008, 3:22 PM - Re: Mando'ad Commando #8

i decided not to go with a commando typo mando because im 6' and fairly skinny so id need alot of padding and that would only slow me down. but i have figured out a way to pull off a commando armour look for anyone else whos interested... i bought a set of hockey pads and was going to use them as is but when i scrapped the commando idea i just cut off the shoulder and arm guards, leaving me with a vest, which im going to use instead of a flak vest. one feature i like about using the hockey pads is that they are made to move around in and are really light weight considering their size. i managed to buy mine at a sports store for only $50. i would post pics but i have no idea how to do it... if someone could tell me how id gladly post some pics for you to show you what i mean.
    Hodayc
    Mar 28, 2008, 3:29 PM - Re: Mando'ad Commando #9

i think i figured out how to post pics, god i hope this works. this is the original pads, and then the modified front, side, and back views of the pads now. let me know what you think of my idea?

im planning on adding armour plates to just the grey pads (although possibly to the black and white padding on the front as well). any ideas what class of soldier this armour suits best? ie. shock-trooper, commando, recon... any ideas of what i can classify this as would be sweet. and also if you think i should plate the black and white padding on the front as well? thanks,
    Hodayc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Original.JPG 
Views:	454 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	23628   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Front.JPG 
Views:	431 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	23629   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Side.JPG 
Views:	414 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	23630  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Back.JPG 
Views:	428 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	23631  
    Last edited by Kad'alor; Mar 28, 2008 at 4:35 PM.
    Feb 15, 2009, 11:21 PM - Re: Mando'ad Commando #10

I would say given the shape in the front I would go with Republic Commando.
    Feb 18, 2009, 6:53 PM - Re: Mando'ad Commando #11

hmmm.. interesting... :-)