Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    Sep 8, 2009, 6:37 PM - Mando Pride Fitness Challenge #1

*** THIS LINE ADDED*** Okay folks, I just want to say... before u read on, check the egos at the door for this, it's for everyone to have fun and live a healthier, happier lifestyle. I know that I am one of those who needs to do an ego check, and I will do my best, I just ask that everyone else do the same and have fun with this!***THIS LINE ADDED***

Okay guys... I know a lot of us are not real happy with our level of physical fitness, I've been toying with this idea for a while now and since I got P90X and another fitness test coming up... I figured this is the perfect time. SO... I'm challenging all of u vode to be the best mando u can be, to go above all, become one of the few and the prode vode an... live life like an adventure (ok I'm out of military recruiting slogans). I'm going to challenge all vode to meet the MINIMUM scores for the US Air Force's current (not the new one that will be in effect 1 Jan 10) fitness test. It is a three event test with the following requirements, to achieve a passing score of 75% one must:

1. 33 Push Ups in 1 minute
    2. 40 Sit Ups in 1 minute
    3. 1.5 mile run in 12 minutes 30 seconds.
    4. Abdominal Circumfrence of < 45 inches

Points are on a graduated scale... meaning more pushups/situps equals longer run time to pass. I'll even go out on a limb and share my scores as of my last fitness test, almost a month ago.

1. 55 Pushups (7 from maximum points)
    2. 55 Situps (maximum points)
    3. 12:15 min/sec 1.5 mile run
    4. 30.5 inch abdominal circumfrence

My goal for the next test is 65 Pushups, 60 Situps, 10:30 run and maintain my 30.5 abdominal. My challenge for you is to set a goal... and meet it! I'm going to be posting my progress on a sort of regular basis here... I'd like to see some other vode join in!

***EDIT***

Ok here's the ROE:
    1. Take the AF Fitness test... Perform standard pushups for 1 min and record your number; rest 5 min; perform standard situps (arms across your chest, not behind your head) for 1 min, record your number; rest 5 min; now run 1.5 miles and time your run, record your number; measure your waist 3 times to get abdominal circumfrence and record the average.

2. Report your numbers. Make a post here just like I did and report your scores.

3. Set a goal based on your score and work out to improve your score.

4. Start from Step 1 and work all the way back through. Test yourself approximately twice each month or every two weeks.

Kal Waco
    Last edited by kal'ika; Sep 9, 2009 at 9:04 PM.
    Sep 8, 2009, 6:39 PM - Re: Mando Pride Fitness Challenge #2

You've got a recruit here vod
    Sep 8, 2009, 6:46 PM - Re: Mando Pride Fitness Challenge #3

"I think it's a good day to die sir!" "OUTSTANDING!!!" lol sorry I watched Starship Troopers last night... lmao glad to hear it! Anyone else? lol I guess I need to edit in some rules for this challenge.
    Sep 8, 2009, 6:48 PM - Re: Mando Pride Fitness Challenge #4

ya rules would be nice, tell us exactly what to do sir!

(I like the sound of this!)
    Sep 8, 2009, 6:56 PM - Re: Mando Pride Fitness Challenge #5

ok... rules have been edited in! I'm starting P90X tonight... and effective tomorrow, I will be running 3 miles each and every afternoon.
    Sep 8, 2009, 6:59 PM - Re: Mando Pride Fitness Challenge #6

ANY OTHER TAKERS?
    Sep 8, 2009, 7:06 PM - Re: Mando Pride Fitness Challenge #7

Ok i did the pushups man im tired *whew*

I did 71 in a little less than a minute, i just couldnt do anymore
    Sep 8, 2009, 7:06 PM - Re: Mando Pride Fitness Challenge #8

I dont have a tape measure large enough to get around my abd.
    Sep 8, 2009, 7:07 PM - Re: Mando Pride Fitness Challenge #9

come on Adonian
    Sep 8, 2009, 7:16 PM - Re: Mando Pride Fitness Challenge #10

well, the wifey has me going to the gym, but right now I'm trying to clean this poodoo hole of a house we live in.

I will attempt to lose weight since my white mando wont look too good with a keg under the armor
    Sep 8, 2009, 7:18 PM - Re: Mando Pride Fitness Challenge #11

haha
    Sep 8, 2009, 7:19 PM - Re: Mando Pride Fitness Challenge #12

71? wow! My norm is about 55-60... altho there is a guy in my flight who did 92 on his last fitness test... 62 is maximum score! 55 situps is maximum ten points for pushups, ten for situps, and I think 8:36 or 9:36 is maximum scoring runtime at 50 points. As for abdominals <32.5 inches = max points at 30 points.
    Sep 8, 2009, 7:20 PM - Re: Mando Pride Fitness Challenge #13

im going to do the situps right away
    Sep 8, 2009, 7:23 PM - Re: Mando Pride Fitness Challenge #14

he he adonian I know the feeling... my house is a mess too and we're gettin' ready to move! lol I'm definately starting my running back up tomorrow tho and P90X to kick my shebs into gear... it works, it really does and We've had sooo many airmen (and back in ROTC, cadets) who were able to make drastic improvements in how they looked and felt by using P90X or... by simply trying to pass their PFT every time. Back in ROTC we tested every 8 weeks, on active duty we test once a year, and when changing duty stations or beginning/completing any training. So... I've tested 4 times already this year! lol
    Sep 8, 2009, 7:24 PM - Re: Mando Pride Fitness Challenge #15

not to mention your wife will be VERY happy with the results
    Sep 8, 2009, 7:27 PM - Re: Mando Pride Fitness Challenge #16

alright 50 in a minute
    Sep 8, 2009, 7:49 PM - Re: Mando Pride Fitness Challenge #17

not bad lev'ika... already beatin' my score! lol
    Sep 8, 2009, 7:51 PM - Re: Mando Pride Fitness Challenge #18

well im young
    Sep 8, 2009, 10:32 PM - Re: Mando Pride Fitness Challenge #19

Quote kal'ika said: View Post
    ok... rules have been edited in! I'm starting P90X tonight... and effective tomorrow, I will be running 3 miles each and every afternoon.
    Wait...you're starting P90X and you plan on running 3 miles per day?? Dude....

Those 3 miles are gonna be hell if you try to do them after Day 2: Plyometrics. That is one tough son of a gun. I'm in week 2 and just did my second day of Plyo and I gotta tell you, it burns. And my first day and for two days afterwards, my legs were toast. Today was easier, tho.

Keep it up! Do your best, and.... (you'll know the rest of it soon enough.)
    Sep 8, 2009, 11:08 PM - Re: Mando Pride Fitness Challenge #20

lol thanx for the info! I have to get my run time WAAAYYY down in order to get the job I want, I still have about 2 more years before I'm eligible but... now's the time to start getting ready. I'm doin' the P90X because we used to use it for PT sessions back in ROTC and it kicked my butt... my wife wants to get into better shape so we're both going to work hard to get fit... It's kinda important in my line of work! lol
    Sep 9, 2009, 10:39 AM - Re: Mando Pride Fitness Challenge #21

Through my NJROTC experience; if we did something wrong the hit on it was 10 push up or more. Truly it depended on how bad we did and what we did. But when I went in the Physical Fittness test with the NJROTC I was able to perform at least 65 sit-ups and around 14 push ups. Lets just say I have no upper body strength to do push ups LOL! I was lucky enough to go this far and get that number.

However, during drill practice I would look over from the Un-armed drill team and watch the armed dril team handle ten pound rifles and do push ups with those rifle along with it. Overall I think they did around thirty maybe fourty push ups with those rifles. And not only that but they had to have a strong upper-body strength just to do those things which I could not even do.

But maybe if I exercise more maybe just maybe I could do all that stuff in a minute.
    Sep 9, 2009, 5:49 PM - Re: Mando Pride Fitness Challenge #22

Quote Commander720 said: View Post
    Through my NJROTC experience; if we did something wrong the hit on it was 10 push up or more.
    My soccer coach last year had us doing 400 pushups in a 2.5 hour practice...that was brutal...

Now that I'm no longer playing team soccer, I'm doing 100 pushups/100 situps/ 20 pullups on alternating nights.

I'm in for this Kal'ika. I've never timed myself except on the running bit...5 minute mile. 11 minute 2 mile. gotta get that time down...
    Last edited by A'den Kyramud; Sep 9, 2009 at 7:11 PM.
    Sep 9, 2009, 6:44 PM - Re: Mando Pride Fitness Challenge #23

lol I have a 11 min 1.5 mile A'den so ur ok by my book! lol As for the "NJROTC experience" I'm glad they're still doing physical discipline at your school CC! At Field Training I had the priviledge of doing a LOT of PD... 400 pushups, arm circles, butterfly/bicycle kicks, in a day were not unheard of. I know how the 10 lb rifles feel, been there done that. BTW... for future reference throwing the words "JROTC experience" out around active duty military and Senior ROTC ppl is not always well received, although I do try to be tolerant since u have such a cool project and seem like a pretty cool kid.
    Sep 9, 2009, 6:50 PM - Re: Mando Pride Fitness Challenge #24

Not trying to bash on JROTC btw... it's a good, positive thing for HS kids... keeps 'em out of trouble and teaches them the value of leadership, that being said... back to the topic at hand. Ran my 3.5 miler today in 28 min even! dropped out 50 pushups and 55 situps... need to work on that still!
  25. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Sep 9, 2009, 9:33 PM - Re: Mando Pride Fitness Challenge #25

Score on that one, Kal. Count me in. I've been slacking since I was discharged. I need to get back into shape. I'm headed off to work in a few hours (ugh, I hate overnight shifts), but I'll start in the morning before bed.