Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Mando Custom

From
    Santa Clarita, CA

Re: Mando Custom

Ceric Neesh said: View Post
    The issue isn't the rarity, so much as the fact that it's something special for those of us who have one. Those of us who have one and have been talking to each other about it all feel as though it'd lose a lot of the special-ness if more were made as-is. None of us are opposed to even a slightly altered one being produced, either in another limited run or as an open run. Personally, I think that either the ears or the back should be changed if another run is done anyway. The ears to increase strength (I know several have cracked around them) and the back simply because it looks great but there's so little that can be done with the details on the back.
    i think i see what you are saying...then i will be up for a V2 and be put on the list for wanting one.... but i would still like an original

I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    From
    Yadkinville NC

Hey MS, nice to see you back man! I think everyone has echoed some valid feelings in regards to the original helmet. I could get behind a 10% changed helmet on a limited run as there's no reason that others can't share in the fruits of your labor.

From
    Pilot Mountain, NC

I think ultimately Marrow Sun is the maker of the helmet and he should be able to do whatever he wants with it. You never know, he might could use the money from selling these helmets and I don't think anyone should get in the way of that. But either way, I would buy an original or a modded version because I've held and worn Novall's helmet and it is niiiice!

Lifeburn said: View Post
    I think ultimately Marrow Sun is the maker of the helmet and he should be able to do whatever he wants with it. You never know, he might could use the money from selling these helmets and I don't think anyone should get in the way of that. But either way, I would buy an original or a modded version because I've held and worn Novall's helmet and it is niiiice!
    and I've had to wipe my drool of of Ceric's the originals just ooze awesome sauce so I'd love to try & get a hold of a 10% mod one

I would be interested in a modified or an original version myself. Love the look of the original! An updated version could only get better. Either way, put me on a list!

I second Morut's post, either one would be a go for me!

From
    B.C.

Just to put all doubt to rest, I will simply retool the original helmet and mold it up. This way I will not be stepping on anyones toes by possibly breaking promises. That being said, as this really is a second run of a known helmet I will do runs, but there will not be a limit to the number of runs I might potentially do. This protects the last remaining MSC helmets keeping them rare.

THanks,

MS

Im down for one

From
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada

MARROW SUN said: View Post
    Just to put all doubt to rest, I will simply retool the original helmet and mold it up. This way I will not be stepping on anyones toes by possibly breaking promises. That being said, as this really is a second run of a known helmet I will do runs, but there will not be a limit to the number of runs I might potentially do. This protects the last remaining MSC helmets keeping them rare.

THanks,

MS
    Sign me up on the interest list!

From
    New Orleans, LA

Put me on the interested list as well. I can't commit yet, but I will try and figure out a way to do it.

MARROW SUN said: View Post

THanks,

MS
    Put me on the interested list. I can send you a PM if you'd like with some of the weak points I discovered by accident, so that you can look into fixing them when you retool the helmet.

From
    Pilot Mountain, NC

Interest list for me too!

From
    Santa Clarita, CA

intrest list and i sent you a pm about it

I would really be interested in one as well depending on the price. Not sure I could swing $300 for a helmet as my wife would beat me over the head with after I got it, but that might still be worth it. Agreed that even with a 10% change would be awesome. As long as it looks like the same line of helmets but completely different I would still be up for it.

From
    B.C.

Zazarus said: View Post
    I would really be interested in one as well depending on the price. Not sure I could swing $300 for a helmet as my wife would beat me over the head with after I got it, but that might still be worth it. Agreed that even with a 10% change would be awesome. As long as it looks like the same line of helmets but completely different I would still be up for it.
    I've never publicly stated a price but I can tell you it will be conciderably less than $300 when ... if this happens

From
    San Diego

Thaxos said: View Post
    Sign me up on the interest list!
    Sign me up as well

Amazing. I'd like to get one of these if I have the money when the time comes. I'll be looking for the official interest thread, because this is wicked!

From
    Florida

Hey MS,
    Welcome back!!! I still have my original, and it's still unpainted and in storage. I was planning on working on my custom mando soon, once I get it out. Yeah I'm slow. You were working on armor to go with this and never got back to me, before your TDH exit. Did you finish the armor, and do you think, you'd ever offer it? I'd be in for a V2 as well.

Through me on the interest list for sure

From
    Seattle, Wa

I commit to buy one if this run is doing. Zero questions. Kibiri Foxx

I would most definitely be interested. I know i Pmed you awhile ago and said as much, but i figured i should post it here as well

From
    Great state of Oregon!

If this run happens,I will buy one.I would love to have one of these in the collection.

interest!!!interest!!!interest!!!interest!!! INTEREST!!!

that helmet exudes awesome like none other! i saw Rokeim Gekla's and i just NEEDED one. short of buying novall's this is something i would DEFINITELY wanna do! plz plz plz PLZ sell them! make'm PLZ! i haven't been this excited about a mando sales thread since the MDSB assassin!

now to tone it down a notch a V2 is truly a perfect idea. a mod you could do to make it less like the original is get rid of the raised pattern on the top of the helm or get rid of the upper right and left hand side vent thingies on the back or replace them with another design. both modifications would immediately make the V2 recognizable. another idea is to have the fin on the top kind of turn up at the end or remove the pointy looking things at the front of the fin where it starts (the lighter green things on Rokeim's.) i'm not trying to do your job for you, just offer some ideas.

thanks

Kane

From
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada

Just checking in, any progress on this?

Wanting in on the future run as well. Any updates? Thaxos get lost you already got one of the originals!