Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mando Custom

From
    B.C.

Mando Custom

MAN things here have Changed! LOL I ca't even figure out the insert picture thing... Hope it works!
    I've recently in the last couple days logged into the TDH to see what is new and interesting, I guess Halloween time gets me thinking of the Good ol' days!

Anyways I've had a few messages inquiring about the last Custom I did and I would like to offer it again if no one dissaproves.

At the time I was offering it up as a run of 10 I think I honestly don't remember.

IF the community does not object to a second run of helmets I will be happy to buy some casting products and do another run if I could get 10 people to commit to the run.

I guess we could consider this an intrest thread but I'll put up an official Intrest thread if I get no complaints about the "re-run"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails msc-20024-1-jpg   msc-20025-1-jpg  

From
    Northern VA

Re: Mando Custom

Kind of looks like Optimus Prime meets Boba meets The Rocketeer. I think it's awesome

Account Deactivated

Jordy,
    Welcome back among the living.

From
    B.C.

Thanks S1P! I hope to come back with a refreshed sense of creativity. Most likely all Custom stuff as I just can't see myself fighting my way back into anything Boba related.
    I still have a half finished varient helmet sculpted out in the shop.... I might just have to finish that too
    Hope all is well with you and all the other great members around here. There's ALOT of new faces!

MS

From
    New Orleans, LA

What are you thinking for a price. I have seen a few of these over on the Mercs board and I am interested.

From
    B.C.

All questions on availability and price can be discussed via my inbox!

Thanks,

MS

From
    Grand Forks, ND

Welcome back to the land of the living !

From
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada

Can't say I saw this coming, glad to see you're back though!

Actually just bought one of the originals off someone a couple weeks ago and am just waiting for it to get here...

Oh man, welcome back! I've still got my original, #7. It's good to have you back, man.

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

welcome back MS! it's been way too long. i had one of these, but it is now in the good hands of noval talon. anyone that's looking for a rare custom helmet needs to get one of these!

Also, I just PMed you with my thoughts on another run.

From
    San Diego

may commit if I have enough funds and if the price is right

From
    B.C.

Well folks, like I stated I am waiting on feedback. Surprisingly quite a few voices has already come in. It's pretty mixed and I understand that those who have 1 of the few remaining pieces are a bit hesitant to give up the rarity. I supose being in the other shoes I would be as well. I know there are those who would like the chance to replace there damaged buckets and there are others that want there friends to have the oppertunity to get an interesting Mando piece.
    Worst case scenerio I guess is I alter the original 10% and mold it up.

THis is why I posted this, I didn't want to show up and start putting out goodies that I made a promise about and peeve off the 10 members that bought into a limited run.
    Had I ever thought this helmet was going to be popular in the merc world I would have made more. Lesson learned, never assume anything

MS

From
    Santa Clarita, CA

i want one most defiantly

From
    Grand Forks, ND

I'd be all for a Modified version of the helmet. There are a few imperfections and tweaks that would make this helmet alot better. A re-run of the V1 isnt high on my list of likes..but a V2 would be kosher with me. As long as the differences are visible and easily told between the 2 anyway

MARROW SUN said: View Post
    I guess is I alter the original 10% and mold it up.

MS
    This. A bajillion times this. Those of us who have one could tell you what could be improved, even! Heck, if you make changes that I like, I may buy a second one. (PM me if you want to know what I feel should be changed to make it a better helmet).

From
    Pilot Mountain, NC

I will buy one if you do a run, I've always loved that helmet.

From
    New Orleans, LA

I am not an official member or anything.... but here are my thoughts. Talk to the owners of the first run and make changes they suggest, then add your own little alters to make the version 2 unique as well. Either way I am very interested in any run you may do.

will be following this closely

I've always liked this helmet

From
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada

Definitely think that releasing a V2 of the helmet is the better way to go.
    I'd buy an alternate version for sure.

MARROW SUN said: View Post
    I'll probably just make up 10 and that's it.

When they sell I'm done.
    THIS is part of the issue, I believe. It was believed to be a limited run, and that was it, and while two more were made past the ten, everyone who had one of the helmets knew why and was fine with it. And yes, the arrow linky button thingie goes to the original post.

From
    Santa Clarita, CA

with ten more helmets wouldn't it still be rare?

From
    B.C.

Like I've said to a couple people, I'm just going to back off on this for a couple days and let people think about it. I don't want to be a come off like a jerk about whole thing. The word "probably" makes the post a bit vague on the accual amount that I was going to make and at the time I believe I made a helmet for anyone who had expressed intrest and yes that meant I made more than 10.
    I've also been informed of 1 member, (NOT Talon who I think was trying to get ahold of me about casting this), who has been telling people they had my permission to recast this peice for there own personal use which is NOT true, SHE or anyone else has NEVER had my permission to recast this helmet.
    I'll be in touch about this.

MS

starwarsgek2 said: View Post
    with ten more helmets wouldn't it still be rare?
    The issue isn't the rarity, so much as the fact that it's something special for those of us who have one. Those of us who have one and have been talking to each other about it all feel as though it'd lose a lot of the special-ness if more were made as-is. None of us are opposed to even a slightly altered one being produced, either in another limited run or as an open run. Personally, I think that either the ears or the back should be changed if another run is done anyway. The ears to increase strength (I know several have cracked around them) and the back simply because it looks great but there's so little that can be done with the details on the back.

Think of it this way. You're told that there's only one chance to buy X item, be it a car, a prop, a costume piece, etc. So you go and find the money however you can and buy it. And then a few years later, you find out, oh, there's another run of them being made. It's also limited to just ten, but, hey, who knows if it'll be the ONLY other run of them produced, or if it'll be a regular occurence.

Also, Talon and I were both trying to get ahold of you about casting it, for repair/replacement reasons, never for producing more for either personal use or otherwise. I think I may have actually planted the idea in Talon's head, after I told him about the cracks in the ear of mine. There's another helmet maker who had offered to do casts of the helmets, with your permission, in his ultra-durable resin, ONLY for those who were able to prove both original ownership and total loss, as in, the helmet could only be used for even display if it were completely stripped of paint, glued back together, repainted, and never touched again for fear of it falling back apart.