Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. MARROW SUN's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    608
    May 20, 2006, 4:57 PM - MANDALORIAN SUPER COMMANDO W.I.P #1

    I've taken some time to myself the last few days to just have some fun with a helmet. There's still plenty of modifications left to make but I thought I'd start sharing a few pictures of the more completed bucket. I'm going for something a bit more "heavy duty" looking, more of an assult helmet. Quite a bit more finishing has been done since these pictures where taken. I'll probably wait until I start painting before I update again.

    The RF, when I figure out what design I'm going with will be on the left side instead. In place of the regular RF, a sensor array of some sort will be added. As for the back,.. well I'm yet to design anything yet. I may leave it as.

    I see guys saying they would never waste there money on a fiberglass helmet for a custom but I can assure you you would have a very hard time making any modifications on a rubies or dp, simply because of the material there made from. Its hard to get a good bond with that vinyl material they use.

    Anyways enjoy and keep a look out for updates. Feel free to comment and offer creative suggestions.!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tdh1.JPG 
Views:	2896 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	10469   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tdh2.JPG 
Views:	2923 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	10470   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tdh3.JPG 
Views:	2598 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	10471  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tdh4.JPG 
Views:	2636 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	10472  
  2. Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    359
    May 20, 2006, 5:01 PM - Re: MANDALORIAN SUPER COMMANDO W.I.P #2

    Quote MARROW SUN said:
    I've taken some time to myself the last few days to just have some fun with a helmet. There's still plenty of modifications left to make but I thought I'd start sharing a few pictures of the more completed bucket. I'm going for something a bit more "heavy duty" looking, more of an assult helmet. Quite a bit more finishing has been done since these pictures where taken. I'll probably wait until I start painting before I update again.

    The RF, when I figure out what design I'm going with will be on the left side instead. In place of the regular RF, a sensor array of some sort will be added. As for the back,.. well I'm yet to design anything yet. I may leave it as.

    I see guys saying they would never waste there money on a fiberglass helmet for a custom but I can assure you you would have a very hard time making any modifications on a rubies or dp, simply because of the material there made from. Its hard to get a good bond with that vinyl material they use.

    Anyways enjoy and keep a look out for updates. Feel free to comment and offer creative suggestions.!
    MS I like it alot , very interesting , great possiblities,
    What about a set of binocs on it ...Hmmmmm...
    I love it !!!!
  3. May 20, 2006, 5:43 PM - Re: MANDALORIAN SUPER COMMANDO W.I.P #3

    AWESOME! I love it! I'll will having one of those!
  4. MARROW SUN's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    608
    May 20, 2006, 6:22 PM - Re: MANDALORIAN SUPER COMMANDO W.I.P #4

    Quote pghfett said:
    MS I like it alot , very interesting , great possiblities,
    What about a set of binocs on it ...Hmmmmm...
    I love it !!!!
    I am planning on making somesort of flip down secondary visor or maybe something like the EpIII clone commander binoculars.

    Also I have no intention of making copies. I'm going to keep this a limited edition #1 of 1
  5. Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    359
    May 20, 2006, 6:46 PM - Re: MANDALORIAN SUPER COMMANDO W.I.P #5

    Quote MARROW SUN said:
    I am planning on making somesort of flip down secondary visor or maybe something like the EpIII clone commander binoculars.

    Also I have no intention of making copies. I'm going to keep this a limited edition #1 of 1
    That is as limited as it gets LOL
    I'm sure it will be a great piece of artwork nonetheless....
  6. formerly Boba_Fett_03 Duran_Lomax's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    253
    May 20, 2006, 6:50 PM - Re: MANDALORIAN SUPER COMMANDO W.I.P #6

    Definately a cool bucket! Do you plan to post a tutorial that produces similar (not quite exact) results?
  7. I helped at SDCC '08 zxwing's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    536
    May 20, 2006, 6:54 PM - Re: MANDALORIAN SUPER COMMANDO W.I.P #7

    Put me down for interested please. In case you change your mind.
  8. NOITAIDAR's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2005
    Posts
    100
    May 20, 2006, 7:15 PM - Re: MANDALORIAN SUPER COMMANDO W.I.P #8

    Thats a nice looking Fan intake you've got on the right hand side there. lol should keep you nice and cool. Also, If it were me, I'd stick a speaker on the outside where that conical looking thing is on the cheek, and make it like a hollow cap with holes for the sound to get out.

    That's looking really cool. If you do decide to change your mind, I think you can probably sign me up too :-D

    Adam
  9. Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    590
    May 20, 2006, 7:54 PM - Re: MANDALORIAN SUPER COMMANDO W.I.P #9

    I like it. Looks great for a work in progress.

    Just a couple comments. The tab in the middle of the visor ..
    First thing i thought of when i seen it was going crosseyed from staring at it all day.

    The vent on the right side i think would look better with thinner grill bars and Vader type screening behind it.
    Just my .02 cents..

    I does have the appearance of a heavier armored helmet. Kinda like a prototype RC helmet.. Perfect for an assault type Mandalorian.

    Looking forward to seeing the finished helmet.
  10. MARROW SUN's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    608
    May 20, 2006, 9:42 PM - Re: MANDALORIAN SUPER COMMANDO W.I.P #10

    Quote Jun Garros Fett said:
    I like it. Looks great for a work in progress.

    Just a couple comments. The tab in the middle of the visor ..
    First thing i thought of when i seen it was going crosseyed from staring at it all day.

    The vent on the right side i think would look better with thinner grill bars and Vader type screening behind it.
    Just my .02 cents..
    Thanks for the imput JGF, I have already cut off the square on the brow I decided against it yesterday. As for the side intake, its too late for me to change since I've already glassed it in place. It does have 2 opposing layers of screening behind it though.
  11. KidAkira's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    283
    May 20, 2006, 10:06 PM - Re: MANDALORIAN SUPER COMMANDO W.I.P #11

    Looks great, Sometimes it's nice to just have someting for yourself! But as others have said, if you do change your mind i'm sure tou will get alot of interest.... Mine included..... Am still very interested in the Fett Pre Pro bucket if that becomes available....

    Great work MS.... Keep it up

    KidAkira

    pm sent
  12. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    May 20, 2006, 11:03 PM - Re: MANDALORIAN SUPER COMMANDO W.I.P #12

    Ahhhh Jordy?..do you Sleep?......

    AMAZING as always !!!:thumbup
  13. InfraFett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    763
    May 21, 2006, 1:07 AM - Re: MANDALORIAN SUPER COMMANDO W.I.P #13

    Very nice!!! that's good work
  14. MARROW SUN's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    608
    May 21, 2006, 5:36 AM - Re: MANDALORIAN SUPER COMMANDO W.I.P #14

    Ok call me a liar! I've decided to give another update. These pictures were taken today, the others were from 3 days ago. Not much has changed, just a few key details have been added. I accually think I will be done tomorrow with only a few electronics and the visor to get installed before painting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.JPG 
Views:	2541 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	10496   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.JPG 
Views:	2464 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	10497   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.JPG 
Views:	2554 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	10498  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.JPG 
Views:	2413 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	10499   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8.JPG 
Views:	2444 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	10500  
  15. hansoloway's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,212
    May 21, 2006, 10:14 AM - Re: MANDALORIAN SUPER COMMANDO W.I.P #15

    I'm a Boba purist, but I've got to admit, that's the best looking custom I've ever seen,very cool! Well done!
  16. Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    39
    May 21, 2006, 11:24 AM - Re: MANDALORIAN SUPER COMMANDO W.I.P #16

    I think I've just soiled my armor.
  17. Makan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    180
    May 21, 2006, 2:40 PM - Re: MANDALORIAN SUPER COMMANDO W.I.P #17

    That is hot! Good job!
  18. fettpride's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    2,654
    May 21, 2006, 4:00 PM - Re: MANDALORIAN SUPER COMMANDO W.I.P #18

    Customs aren't my bag. But it doesn't have to be "Your Bag" to
    appreciate what an AWESOME piece of work that is !!

    Damn Jordy ....that ROCKS !!!

    I want one?

    FP
  19. OrtharRrith's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    687
    May 22, 2006, 9:52 AM - Re: MANDALORIAN SUPER COMMANDO W.I.P #19

    Very VERY impressive! :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup
  20. Prymer13's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,090
    May 22, 2006, 9:58 AM - Re: MANDALORIAN SUPER COMMANDO W.I.P #20

    WOW! I am gone one weekend and look what I miss! I was really anxious to see the finished version...it looks great! I love the visor!
  21. Laan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,001
    May 22, 2006, 12:06 PM - Re: MANDALORIAN SUPER COMMANDO W.I.P #21

    WOW! That is insane! Looks awesome J.
  22. Remo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    587
    May 22, 2006, 1:38 PM - Re: MANDALORIAN SUPER COMMANDO W.I.P #22

    Why do you tease us like that Showing us something we can never have
  23. formerly joNich
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    589
    May 22, 2006, 2:25 PM - Re: MANDALORIAN SUPER COMMANDO W.I.P #23

    Man...now you're really making me want to learn how to fiberglas and mold so that I can make my own.

    This roxxorz.
  24. MARROW SUN's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    608
    May 22, 2006, 3:04 PM - Re: MANDALORIAN SUPER COMMANDO W.I.P #24

    Quote JoNich said:
    Man...now you're really making me want to learn how to fiberglas and mold so that I can make my own.

    This roxxorz.
    JoNich, this is what doing a custom is all about! You can't make anymistakes. You just go with the flow bud! All you need to get started are the basics. Get yourself a fiberglass helmet to experiment with, there's lots of deals around if your patient. Buy a can of bondo glass or bondo jelly, I even use them as my glue. I use MDF and sintra to make up the parts.

    Of course the more tools you have access too will determine the complexity of your design but with a dremel and a sander you can get started.

    I hope by doing this I can inspire a few guys dive in and let their imaginations loose!

    If anyone has questions on build ups feel free to drop me a PM!

    MS
  25. Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    10
    May 22, 2006, 3:07 PM - Re: MANDALORIAN SUPER COMMANDO W.I.P #25

    That thing is bad! Definately looks like it fits in the "lived in" Star Wars universe. I can't wait to see it painted up. 8)

Similar Threads

  1. Republic Commando
    By charlie in forum Clone Wars & Rebels Costumes
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 2 Weeks Ago, 11:17 AM
  2. Republic Commando
    By charlie in forum Star Wars Costumes
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: Jan 6, 2013, 9:28 PM
  3. Republic Commando
    By GCNgamer128 in forum Star Wars Costumes
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: Jul 10, 2010, 8:31 AM
  4. Acheiving a super gloss surface.
    By mobius in forum Prop Building Workshop
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Jul 23, 2009, 3:21 PM
  5. Removing Super Glue from visor... HELP!
    By darksidedesign in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Oct 16, 2003, 8:48 AM