Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Formely Jaing Skirata A'den Skirata's Avatar
    Oct 20, 2008, 11:29 AM - Re: MANDALORIAN PROTECTORS (pics) #26

Here's the pic...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	292px-Fenn8.jpg 
Views:	571 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	28331  
  2. Member Since
    Dec 2006
    Oct 20, 2008, 11:54 AM - Re: MANDALORIAN PROTECTORS (pics) #27

Don't get me started on white armor!!!

Thanks for the continued support.
  3. Formely Jaing Skirata A'den Skirata's Avatar
    Oct 20, 2008, 12:40 PM - Re: MANDALORIAN PROTECTORS (pics) #28

Quote proto-fett said: View Post

Just to note, I really wasn't digging the Jango belt/holsters/twin Westars on the Shysa figure. I understand it was just a repaint of the Evolutions Jango, but they really should have done him like Dala, (Fett-ish).
    Action figure collecting and customizing is what led me into costuming... The Shysa was an easy fix... I purchased an extra Tobbi Dala pack and swapped out the legs, then I just trimmed off the Jango Holsters. So, Fenn's got the right legs now. About the easiest "custom" figure I've ever done!

If you don't know about "boil and po" and such, PM me and I'll explain to you how to do it. BTW, I'd post pix of the custom figures I've done over the years but, I don't know where in these forums I could put them. They can be seen at the Mando Mercs and Sandtroopers.com sites.
  4. I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    Oct 20, 2008, 1:13 PM - Re: MANDALORIAN PROTECTORS (pics) #29

Quote Jaing Skirata said: View Post
    Here's the pic...

My first set of armor was colored off this set of Sysha's armor. =)
  5. Member Since
    Dec 2006
    Oct 20, 2008, 4:46 PM - Re: MANDALORIAN PROTECTORS (pics) #30

Action figure collecting and customizing is what led me into costuming... The Shysa was an easy fix... I purchased an extra Tobbi Dala pack and swapped out the legs, then I just trimmed off the Jango Holsters. So, Fenn's got the right legs now. About the easiest "custom" figure I've ever done!

If you don't know about "boil and po" and such, PM me and I'll explain to you how to do it. BTW, I'd post pix of the custom figures I've done over the years but, I don't know where in these forums I could put them. They can be seen at the Mando Mercs and Sandtroopers.com sites.
    If you can locate it, post your Shysa custom figure here. This seems to be the "Official Shysa" page now.

You do know I'm talking about a costume and not a figure, right?
  6. Member Since
    Dec 2006
    Oct 20, 2008, 4:49 PM - Re: MANDALORIAN PROTECTORS (pics) #31

If anyone has scans of Shysa/Dala from the two Marvel comics, please put them up here. I haven't actually seen the comics in person. I'm thinking about heading out to Walmart/Toy R Us this weekend and buy the 2 Two-packs w/comics
  7. Formely Jaing Skirata A'den Skirata's Avatar
    Oct 20, 2008, 4:52 PM - Re: MANDALORIAN PROTECTORS (pics) #32

Quote proto-fett said: View Post
    If you can locate it, post your Shysa custom figure here. This seems to be the "Official Shysa" page now.

You do know I'm talking about a costume and not a figure, right?

I'm aware... I was just saying as the figures were pictured and mentioned.
  8. Member Since
    Dec 2006
    Oct 20, 2008, 9:18 PM - Re: MANDALORIAN PROTECTORS (pics) #33

Thanks. I still want to see your figures.
  9. Formely Jaing Skirata A'den Skirata's Avatar
    Oct 21, 2008, 1:28 AM - Re: MANDALORIAN PROTECTORS (pics) #34

Well, here's the Fenn Shysa. Again, it was a real simple swap so I haven't bothered to post the pix anywhere. Real simple with these Hasbro SW figs. The legs are made of rubber so if you drop em in boiling water for a couple minutes, they will pop right out at the hip sockets. So, I boiled the Fenn and Tobbi and poped each of their legs off. Then I reboiled the Tobbi legs and popped them into the Fenn hip sockets. A couple quick cuts with the razor knife to off he Jango style holsters and viola!

As for the pix of the rest of the figures, I havent seen a thread on these boards that's really condusive to me posting my custom figures. If you're a member on the Mercs boards (we'd love to have a Proto Fett in our ranks BTW!) I can post the link to the boards. If not, you can seem a good collection of stuff I've done in the last couple years, not a complete listing mind you, on my myspace at myspace.com/jaingskirata. It's a public page I don't know if you have to have an account to see them or not.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1020082211.jpg 
Views:	530 
Size:	121.9 KB 
ID:	28365   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1020082212.jpg 
Views:	520 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	28366  
    Oct 21, 2008, 2:18 AM - Re: MANDALORIAN PROTECTORS (pics) #35

The more I look at that color scheme for the helmet (like in proto-fett's 2nd post), the more I like it. Anybody who tackles that helmet paint project should check out the color palette and weathering details that Superjedi did on his Y-wing helmet paint-up:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=23951
    Oct 21, 2008, 2:43 AM - Re: MANDALORIAN PROTECTORS (pics) #36

Didnt see it posted but here is another shysa pic. Goes against the comic and figure in color scheme.

12. Member Since
    Dec 2006
    Oct 21, 2008, 6:25 AM - Re: MANDALORIAN PROTECTORS (pics) #37

Well, here's the Fenn Shysa. Again, it was a real simple swap so I haven't bothered to post the pix anywhere. Real simple with these Hasbro SW figs. The legs are made of rubber so if you drop em in boiling water for a couple minutes, they will pop right out at the hip sockets. So, I boiled the Fenn and Tobbi and poped each of their legs off. Then I reboiled the Tobbi legs and popped them into the Fenn hip sockets. A couple quick cuts with the razor knife to off he Jango style holsters and viola!

As for the pix of the rest of the figures, I havent seen a thread on these boards that's really condusive to me posting my custom figures. If you're a member on the Mercs boards (we'd love to have a Proto Fett in our ranks BTW!) I can post the link to the boards. If not, you can seem a good collection of stuff I've done in the last couple years, not a complete listing mind you, on my myspace at myspace.com/jaingskirata. It's a public page I don't know if you have to have an account to see them or not.

I like what you've done with him. It looks as if you've boiled that metallicky green paint right off of him! I'd like to see him with a green pack, and not the funny blue Jango repaint arena pack. Also, I like the traditional belt set-up on the Dala figure more than, again, the funny painted Jango belt.

Very nice work.
  13. Member Since
    Dec 2006
    Oct 21, 2008, 6:26 AM - Re: MANDALORIAN PROTECTORS (pics) #38

Quote Count Dookie said: View Post
    The more I look at that color scheme for the helmet (like in proto-fett's 2nd post), the more I like it. Anybody who tackles that helmet paint project should check out the color palette and weathering details that Superjedi did on his Y-wing helmet paint-up:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=23951
    You are right, it does tend to grow on you.
    Oct 21, 2008, 11:40 AM - Re: MANDALORIAN PROTECTORS (pics) #39

Hmmmm....

I have seen this helmet done before.

I would have to go looking for it. But a member here has done the Fenn Shysa helmet, and did a darn fine job on it from what I remember.
    Oct 21, 2008, 11:43 AM - Re: MANDALORIAN PROTECTORS (pics) #40

Baaahhh!!!!

I just searched.

The pics are gone.

Too bad...It was a stellar looking bucket.
    Oct 21, 2008, 11:55 AM - Re: MANDALORIAN PROTECTORS (pics) #41

I wanna say that some our members modled for some Dala/Sysha illustrations back in the day. If i'm not mistaken, Blastech modled for this one. it was a while ago though, so my memory is kinda foggy.

Quote RevolverOcelot said: View Post
    Didnt see it posted but here is another shysa pic. Goes against the comic and figure in color scheme.

17. Member Since
    Dec 2006
    Oct 21, 2008, 9:56 PM - Re: MANDALORIAN PROTECTORS (pics) #42

Quote Jodo Kast 3 said: View Post
    Baaahhh!!!!

I just searched.

The pics are gone.

Too bad...It was a stellar looking bucket.
    I'd still like to see it if you come across it sometime.

Thanks for stopping by. I hear Florida is nice this time of year!
    Oct 22, 2008, 12:36 AM - Re: MANDALORIAN PROTECTORS (pics) #43

proto-fett, what's the title of the comic from the first few images you posted at the top of the thread?
  19. Member Since
    Dec 2006
    Oct 22, 2008, 6:17 AM - Re: MANDALORIAN PROTECTORS (pics) #44

Quote Count Dookie said: View Post
    proto-fett, what's the title of the comic from the first few images you posted at the top of the thread?
    Marvel Comics Star Wars 68: The Search Begins, pages 14 and 15.
  20. Member Since
    Dec 2006
    Oct 24, 2008, 6:43 AM - Re: MANDALORIAN PROTECTORS (pics) #45

It Looks like this thread has finally run it's course. Thank you all for the enthusiam, opinions and support. I really think this idea needs to be explored for a real world costume. The green on green look with the distinctive colored helmet really does grow on you, if you think about it long enough! AS you know, one of my original concerns was to determine whether I could get this costume approved by the 501st. It's really not that big of a concern at this point. But, If maybe I do a good enough job on it, maybe I can pave the way for more Mandalorian Journeyman Protectors, and if the 501st wants to take notice, great, if they don't, that's fine.

So, with that being said, I would like some input on how to proceed with a real world representation of this idea. I'm thinking green flightsuit, regular leather colored ebs/rotj belt, green armor and jet pack, and the distinctive helmet with the green, yellow, red and white. Any thoughts on that? I would pretty much base it off Boba, and be very accurate, except for the armor color, and small details that are Boba specific, ie: braids, dents, etc.

Anyway, there is my Idea. Feel free to help me out.
  21. I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    Oct 24, 2008, 8:53 AM - Re: MANDALORIAN PROTECTORS (pics) #46

Maybe combine elements from the figure and the comics? Go with the blue/green Jango pack, green suit w/armor, protector helmet colors and add some Jaig eyes and that should be it. You can incorporate and probably get away with it fairly well since details between these sets are pretty few and far between.
  22. Member Since
    Dec 2006
    Oct 24, 2008, 8:24 PM - Re: MANDALORIAN PROTECTORS (pics) #47

Thanks for the advise, although I was thinking all traditional Boba green on all armor, JP, gauntlets and on some of the helmet. Definately the eyes though, good call.
  23. Member Since
    Dec 2006
    Oct 26, 2008, 7:30 AM - Re: MANDALORIAN PROTECTORS (pics) #48

I bought the 2 two-packs with the comics. I was somewhat disappointed with the comics. I expected more good armor/"uniform" pics, oh well.
    Oct 26, 2008, 11:20 AM - Re: MANDALORIAN PROTECTORS (pics) #49

I like the white armor picture but the most common look he sported in the Marvel books was the more-or-less plain jumpsuited look OrtharRrith posted. I love the raised piping idea.
  25. Member Since
    Dec 2006
    Oct 26, 2008, 1:46 PM - Re: MANDALORIAN PROTECTORS (pics) #50

Quote Muad'Dib said: View Post
    I like the white armor picture but the most common look he sported in the Marvel books was the more-or-less plain jumpsuited look OrtharRrith posted. I love the raised piping idea.
    I know, I'm a huge fan of the white armor. I lso know about the "jumpsuit pics". It seems like every picture is different, armor, pack, jumpsuit, etc. There was definately no continuity on comic book character appearances back then! I'll post some shots of the comic book when I have the time. -Thanks for stopping by.