Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Mand'alor the Uniter. V3.0

Re: Mand'alor the Uniter. V3.0

Not to sound like a criticism, but do you know that the raised parts on either side of the main center tube are upside down? Was this done on purpose because its a custom build? Either way, it look freakin' amazing, btw! That's some crazy skill there!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

From
    If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

Gooooo, Monster enery drinks!!! Recycle, use your unwanted Monster cans on the project you're working on! Perfect for jet packs and such!

JK Mand'alor, just happened to pick that up lol :thumbup

From
    Canada

What's your address and when are'nt you at home?

From

He keeps all his gear in a indistructable safe anyways. Trust me on that one....

I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    From
    Yadkinville NC

Shinobi_Fett said: View Post
    Not to sound like a criticism, but do you know that the raised parts on either side of the main center tube are upside down? Was this done on purpose because its a custom build? Either way, it look freakin' amazing, btw! That's some crazy skill there!

Yes I did put them on upside down just to change things up a little bit. At first I was gonna go with those inner panels the normal way, but the didn't seen to want to sit nearly as good as they did upside down. Also, I felt it added a more aerodynamic look as they have a curve and slope downward where the opposite side is just squared off.

Yep, monster energy drink bottles make up the tanks because they were almost a perfect fit. Also, the metal caps stay on very tight which allowed me to use that as a way to take off the thrusters and forward turbo intakes for "collapsible" carry mode. I just screw'em back on when I'm ready to suit up. Personally I hate Monster drink, took a taste and almost thew up...so I poured them all out. Was kinda funny how I came up with this idea as my girlfriend drinks redbull like a fiend. I went to the store to by her more and the monster can sang to me "use me on your jet pack!!!". So I did and it works like a champ.

MYSTRIVEN, I have killer ferrets who are trained to attack anyone they don't know. =P

From

Nice!!! I love it.

From
    Phoenix, Arizona (Valley of the Sun!)

Any concept pictures or sketches for this armor ner'vod or is it a suprise.

From
    Yadkinville NC

I don't normally do concept sketches, and my pictures come after I complete a good amount of work. My paint scheme will always remain the same at this point, and I don't really let the cat outta the bag before I give the suit a proper opening.

I am going to try to have it done in time for AdventureCon in Knoxville TN, but if not then I will definitely have it ready for SDCC.

From
    Yadkinville NC

Working on the center missile.

For the center missile, I was given an old dud RPG rocket. These rockets are almost completely made of copper, contain a large copper core (for shrapnel) surrounded by what looks like hardened clay filler (what they put in when they pull the HE paste out). I broke out all the filler to make it hollow for weight, filled in on of the large dents, and created a hard leather shim for the missile to sit tight in when I put it inside housing shaft. I am going to make some fins to go on the base, and maybe stick some kind of old burnt out model rocket engine in it to make it look like an actual concussion missile. Anyhow, here is how the JP looks in it's 98% finished form.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc00104-jpg   dsc00105-jpg  

From
    Lincoln, Rhode Island

Nice good. That female armor is looking great.

From
    Wales, UK

Sweet rocket NT!

From
    Bs. As., Argentina

Great progress Novall!!!

From
    Walnut, CA

NovallTalon said: View Post
    Working on the center missile.

For the center missile, I was given an old dud RPG rocket. These rockets are almost completely made of copper, contain a large copper core (for shrapnel) surrounded by what looks like hardened clay filler (what they put in when they pull the HE paste out).

Nice work so far. Just one thing quick thing that's completely unrelated to your work so far; the copper in the RPG isn't for shrapnel, it's the liner for the shaped charge warhead of the RPG.

From
    Glendale, Arizona

Riceball said: View Post
    Nice work so far. Just one thing quick thing that's completely unrelated to your work so far; the copper in the RPG isn't for shrapnel, it's the liner for the shaped charge warhead of the RPG.
    was wondering if I should say anything about that...

From
    Yadkinville NC

LOL, well I learned something new. =)

Tomorrow I'll post the "finished" pics. The pack itself is done at this point, only have to install the guts and electronics!!

From
    New Zealand

This is looking totally sweet man. Choice work. Give all as n00bs something to aspire to.
    I am hoping to make my own set of metal beskar'gam sometime in the not so far off future so your work is highly motivating to me.
    Big ups for the awesome job. 12/10
    Tracyn out.

From
    Yadkinville NC

Thanks Tracyn. My job is to be the best for not only all who wear non-canon mando armor...but to help inspire more to heed the call of Mandalore and don their own awesome kits.

I began the concept of my 3.0 armor shortly after my 2.0 armor was created, and I think I started with the most difficult part first. I start working on a metal helmet this week, and will hopefully have it mostly welded together by the end of the week. On any armor project, set yourself clear deadlines.

From
    Glendale, Arizona

Yipey!!! can't wait to see the finished project!!! and a metal helmet!!! post pics!!!

From
    Yadkinville NC

Ok, here is the finished pack in all it's greatness. I still have some greeblies to attach, and the control box on the bottom is still being wired up before I paint her. I also have a more detailed shot of the missile when it's not in the housing. I've tried very had to make this pack as 100% realistic looking and functioning as possible...so you can actually pull the missle out and replace it with another type of missile or attachemnt. I am very big into "Modular" armor for different missions.

The last 3 shots are comparison shots to a fiberglass JP. As you can tell it is almost the exact same size as a fiber pack, and weighs in at just about the same weight (without the C02 system installed.).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc00107-jpg   dsc00108-jpg   dsc00109-jpg  

dsc00110-jpg   dsc00111-jpg  

From
    Wales, UK

Beautiful buddy. Very well done!!

So you gonna knock up some alternative missiles?

From
    Walnut, CA

I'm guessing by the fact that you mentioned there's an installed CO2 system inside that the pack will smoke on command as if it were a real jet pack, pretty sweet! Once you get it finished you have to post some video clips of it in action.

From
    Yadkinville NC

Here's an armor update.

Been working on my bicep and knee armor. Bicep armor is 18gu compressed aluminum alloy, lighter than stainless steel but just as strong. Same with the knee armor. I build my knee armor a little more square than the normal boba/jango knees for stability when kneeling, and because it's just comfortable due to my left knee being metal and slightly bigger than my right knee. I have to get my maintenance department here at work to weld the edges...then it's on to the dart launcher housing.

The right bicep houses a holo-transmitter. I took the LED's out of an old linksys router and put them inside the housing along with 2 batteries and a small switch. In power-on mode the lights glow green, and when I push the center button for xmit mode, the second battery switches on and the LED's glow yellow. Everything is housed inside the bicep piece, so it's in one nice neat package.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc00118-jpg   dsc00117-jpg   dsc00119-jpg  

From
    Wales, UK

Very nice! I really like that bicep!

From
    Yadkinville NC

Thanks skip! I am foaming at the mouth to get ahold of your clone leg and shin patterns so I can get my leg armor built! =)

From
    Wales, UK

I'm seeing what I can do to get you sorted for shins today.