Subscribe
    Sep 16, 2007, 11:02 PM - making my first custom mando! need suggestions #1

Well ok please don't flame me but i am making my own trash can armor. and well here is my delema i don't know if i want to get a cheep bucket for the beginner armor or shell out 200+ bucks on a kit/blank helmet to make mine. i kinda want suggestions on what to use. i am thinking of buying one of the rubies jango helms and sanding it down and repainting it. my armor is gonna be Black and OD with a OD green SEALS flight suit under. once i get my armor painted and worked up with a vest i will post pics. but i still need help with the bucket problem.
  2. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Sep 16, 2007, 11:11 PM - Re: making my firs custom mando! need suggestions #2

That's a tough decison.

I say Go mid-range (price-wise)

Instead of the Rubies, go with a SgtFang (about $100)
    It's a great helmet.
    Sep 16, 2007, 11:14 PM - Re: making my firs custom mando! need suggestions #3

should i just pm SgtFang? and what should i use for the visor? any suggestions there i have heard lots of ideas form welding masks to face shields with tint on them?
  4. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Sep 16, 2007, 11:33 PM - Re: making my firs custom mando! need suggestions #4

Quote lowki13 said: View Post
    should i just pm SgtFang? and what should i use for the visor? any suggestions there i have heard lots of ideas form welding masks to face shields with tint on them?
    Yes, a pm should work.
    There are numerous threads about visors here on the forum,
    If you use the search function before you ask, you'll find them (and won't ruffle feathers)
    I used a welders faceshield for mine.
    ebay has them from time to time (i bought 10 for like 10 bucks)
    Sep 16, 2007, 11:43 PM - Re: making my firs custom mando! need suggestions #5

i found a site t-visor.com sells ones that fit the SgtFang bucket dont know how to get a mystery helmet though i pm'ed SgtFang so hopefully he will get back to me soon i hate ebay they have ripped me off to many times with pay pal.
    Sep 17, 2007, 1:27 AM - Re: making my firs custom mando! need suggestions #6

jango helmets arent too bad as long as you keep them out of the direct or indirect heat.

ive got two
    Sep 17, 2007, 3:11 AM - Re: making my firs custom mando! need suggestions #7

wizardoflight recommended not using the jango bucket he claims they are hard to work with? BH-7603 what luck have u had with them are they customs or still stock jango helmet?
  8. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Sep 17, 2007, 7:01 AM - Re: making my firs custom mando! need suggestions #8

SgtFang is a Mystery Helmet.
  9. I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    Sep 17, 2007, 2:30 PM - Re: making my firs custom mando! need suggestions #9

Lowki13, bh-7603 has done some excellent work on his Ruby's jango helmets. Easily one of the best I've ever seen to be a Ruby's.

Honestly, it's all about preference and where you want to sink the $$ into at the beginning. I personally went with a non-dented Bobamaker at the start, and working with it inspired the rest of my armor. Money wise, if your going to spend $60-80 on a Ruby's then you might as well go the extra $40 and get a Sgt.Fang. You'll probably be alot happier in the long rung.
    Sep 17, 2007, 3:00 PM - Re: making my firs custom mando! need suggestions #10

Welcome aboard- i'd suggest getting a SgtFang helmet, or even one of bradleyfett's vac-formed jobs:
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=21187

Although I think with Bradleyfett you're gonna need to get your own Rangefinder stalk.

Just be sure that if get a Sgt Fang helmet yo fill in the dent! =)

phil
  11. Member Since
    May 2005
    Sep 17, 2007, 3:12 PM - Re: making my firs custom mando! need suggestions #11

I'm not sure if anyone adressed your visor quandry, but you can actually make your own visor from a welding face sheild. TK409's website has a link to a provider of the visor (I got mine from them about two years ago), then you can just get a template offline or use a sheet of paper to trace the outline onto the visor with some sharpie and cut it out and epoxy it in.
    Sep 17, 2007, 6:09 PM - Re: making my first custom mando! need suggestions #12

thanks guys for all the input now i just need to know where to get one of SgtFangs helmets! lol ne help with that would be great i PM'd him last night asking for how i would get the helmet and i also found a webpage that sells pre made t-visors. thanx for all the input now i just need to get one! lol
    Sep 17, 2007, 8:23 PM - Re: making my first custom mando! need suggestions #13

Good luck! Can't wait to see how it turns out!