Subscribe
    Sep 11, 2008, 2:04 PM - Lasruin Toth #1

Well i've been a member here for a while , but haven't posted .
    my name is Colin and i come from oh so sunny Scotland and i'm a proud member of the Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club ( sure you know where to find us )and currently the only Scottish Mandalorian (though Flo Fett will soon be the second ) and i'm curently looking for other Scottish guys to form a Squad that we can attend Conventions and events (Scotland , UK and world wide )

So i have a custom mando and thought that i would post some pics , most of which are at Collector Mania Glasgow (august 08) which was ablast , i met Flo Fett who stopped for a picture .
    CMG has now gone twice a year at the Breahead areana Glasgow , so i will be back there in December for 3 days (whith a few tweaks)

***If you're going to veiw then please comment , only polite***

hope you like
    the guy in this pic is actor , stuntman Shane Rangi (awsome guy )

Flo Fett and me

lavvy heed or is that a grenade in you're pocket!

Last edited by Lasruin Toth; Oct 19, 2008 at 11:41 AM.
  2. I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    Sep 11, 2008, 2:36 PM - Re: Lasruin Toth #2

You know my vote on your kit...ace! =)
    Sep 11, 2008, 3:50 PM - Re: Lasruin Toth #3

Still looking good ner vod
    Sep 14, 2008, 9:16 AM - Re: Lasruin Toth #4

thanks guys , but you've seen it before , hoping to test some others opinions that aren't part of the mercs
  5. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Sep 14, 2008, 9:45 AM - Re: Lasruin Toth #5

nice bit of kit matey
    I was from Aberdeen, but live in NE England now
    busy through a TK and clone build atm - but I must say that a Custom Mando has been playin around in my head a bit. I have alwyas lover the look of the lid, but not really into the rest of the cossie (esp.ly the jet/back pack! *shields face from BH's everywhere*) Might have to pop over to MMCC to have a look me thinks.

only question I have (being new to this an all) - have I got it right that custom mandos are separate from 501 and all its myriad of detachments?

troop on Toth

Nate
    Sep 14, 2008, 9:55 AM - Re: Lasruin Toth #6

Quote Heatshock said: View Post
    nice bit of kit matey
    I was from Aberdeen, but live in NE England now
    busy through a TK and clone build atm - but I must say that a Custom Mando has been playin around in my head a bit. I have alwyas lover the look of the lid, but not really into the rest of the cossie (esp.ly the jet/back pack! *shields face from BH's everywhere*) Might have to pop over to MMCC to have a look me thinks.

only question I have (being new to this an all) - have I got it right that custom mandos are separate from 501 and all its myriad of detachments?

troop on Toth

Nate
    you're right , the 501st are pure cannon has to have i think 3 points of referance to be considerd e.g. game , book , fillm , online , art work by LFL artist .

you don't have to have a back pack / jet pack or even a cape for that matter
    my idea was to have a pure ation figure style , i have a cloak/cape , backpack (89% finished) different options for my belt kit and 4 gauntlets (2 left , 2 right ) and about a dozen different weapons (some custom some cannon , some SWG (Starwars Galaxies)

cheers for the comments dude
  7. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Sep 14, 2008, 5:31 PM - Re: Lasruin Toth #7

heh I used to airsoft a bit; and have old airsoft guns clones of Berratta 92F, colt 45 and an MP5. still love those weapons - I can just see possibilities of modding out those weapons for sci fi small arms for a custom mondo - ooooooo ideas ideas ideas!!!

Nate
    Sep 14, 2008, 10:02 PM - Re: Lasruin Toth #8

Looks great Colin!!! I love the blue!!! I did black and gold...and stopped there, but the blue looks awesome!!! Wish I thought of it!!!

Hooray for Scotland!!!
    Sep 15, 2008, 1:44 AM - Re: Lasruin Toth #9

Looks great buddy! I've been looking through your other threads you've posted here too, you're a very creative guy.

The pic of you next to Batman? Yeah like he could ever hold his own against a Mando! LOL!
    Sep 15, 2008, 9:43 AM - Re: Lasruin Toth #10

Oh, Flo Fett, I know her, I know her! And Batman! I know him, I know him! And Santa! SANTA! I know him! I know him! Err.....wait....mabey not as much. But I know his brother!

Your suit looks awsome!!! :
    Sep 15, 2008, 3:34 PM - Re: Lasruin Toth #11

thanks guys , Skup seen you're work dude it's awsome , at last some one thats done an Ubese bountyhunter helmet
    Sep 15, 2008, 6:12 PM - Re: Lasruin Toth #12

Hey, now that I like to see.

You have officially made it onto my personal approval list.
    Sep 16, 2008, 1:08 AM - Re: Lasruin Toth #13

Quote Lasruin Toth said: View Post
    thanks guys , Skup seen you're work dude it's awsome , at last some one thats done an Ubese bountyhunter helmet
    Thanks vey much my friend.
    Sep 23, 2008, 2:51 PM - Re: Lasruin Toth #14

no problem dude
  15. I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    Sep 23, 2008, 4:57 PM - Re: Lasruin Toth #15

Nice job on the suit! Hee, hee it looks like Flo's got your bum in that pic.
    Sep 24, 2008, 1:37 AM - Re: Lasruin Toth #16

you should mod your boots abit maybe throw some armor or spikes on it
    Sep 24, 2008, 2:20 PM - Re: Lasruin Toth #17

Quote MandalorFett said: View Post
    Nice job on the suit! Hee, hee it looks like Flo's got your bum in that pic.
    I was tempted...
    You know me, the armour gets me everytime!
    Sep 25, 2008, 12:05 AM - Re: Lasruin Toth #18

Great suit. like others have said I love the colour combo and it certainly has that action figure thing about it. Nice going
    Sep 26, 2008, 8:56 AM - Re: Lasruin Toth #19

thanks guys , i will be attending the next collector mania Glasgow hopefully all 3 days in December if showmasters get their fingers out and anounce so more guests
    Sep 26, 2008, 2:20 PM - Re: Lasruin Toth #20

Quote Lasruin Toth said: View Post
    thanks guys , i will be attending the next collector mania Glasgow hopefully all 3 days in December if showmasters get their fingers out and anounce so more guests
    Cool, I shall have to come and see you!
    Sep 28, 2008, 2:09 PM - Re: Lasruin Toth #21

Hopefully we'll be there as well CM14 rocked, and I can't wait to do another one

Do you know when in December it's been announced for?
    Oct 10, 2008, 8:04 PM - Re: Lasruin Toth #22

Quote Synn said: View Post
    Hopefully we'll be there as well CM14 rocked, and I can't wait to do another one

Do you know when in December it's been announced for?
    yes dude friday the 5th to sunday the 7th of December at the Breahead arena in Glasgow , i really don't see any of the other guys making it to be honest it's a bit far to travel at that time of year, but one lives in hope lol