Subscribe
    Jun 23, 2012, 9:05 PM - A konservative approach to Jaster Mereel ( potentially imageheavy ) #1

I had a Set of undished Jangostlye Plates lying around some time and wondered - "What am i gonna do next?"
    But what? I already have a custom Mandalorian Armor and a TCW-Deatwatch Armor... So i thought i gonna challenge myself and do something Canon.
    A Boba or Jango would be challenging, Ok. But on nearly every troop i bump into atleast 2 or 3 Bobas or Jangos (or more). So you might get the Idea that it could get boring being just another Boba in the Fett-Realm. (Besides, according to my Pals in the 501th a screenaccurate boba might be abit too expensive for "just a little sideproject" )

After watching through all those canon guys that atleast got themselves an actionfigure i finally decided myself for Jaster Mereel -> the "TRUEST" Mandalorian from all of them.
    But the TRUEST Mandalorian deserves only the Power of TRUE ******* METAL!

So the Aim:
    Making on of the TRUEST - Mereel Beskar'gam out there; this means:
    Avoiding artificial Materials (Plastic, fiber, or pleather etc.) when i can and go fore a more realistic. So i intend to use metal and realleather.
    The Jaster in the Comic-book always changes from Panell to Panell and the Actionfigure can be roughly described as an colorchanged Jango with diffrent Head and Belt - So i Aim for a Compromise between all given sources.

What i got so far:

In my Opinion Jasters Flightsuit is more olive then grey. So i go for a stonewashed Tank-overall in the official color "Steingrau/Oliv" (Stonegrey-olive).
    The good thing on that overall is: The fed. german Army has more than 40 diffrent sizes for every bodytype. -> so it suits perfectly XD
    For the Cape i found a red heavy curtain-cloth in the obligatory fabric remnant-box

For the Vest i got myself a darkgreen/grey realleather (4mm thick) but when i looked at a odd lot of a local Army-store i found that:

A Submarine-Leatherjacket for 15€
    So i went lazy and just gonna cut those Arms a bit. Due its a Navy-jacket the turned up neck goes nearly over the ears -> Neckseal question: solved.

The Belt might be the complexest Part of the whole 'gam - so its stll not finished over this Point

I wanted to give the belt a more venturous look like that of a traveling man that lives hand-to-mouth and picks up the gear were it fells of - instead of a clean monocolored, customized single-copy. The Materials are again 4mm thick leather including Beltpouches from several eastern-europe Armies.
    For more Pictures on the crafting on the Belt -> Check here!

Blaster:
    I thought i gonna try to make the Handblasters out of some wood and Iron Rods.... but then i went lazy again when i found these for 5€ at a Toy's R us

And ****... they look like a precursor of the Wester34....

Well, after some modding and painting...

I think i couldn't have hit the drawn original any better for only 10€ ;-)

Atleast i can finally take meazuers for the Holsters to sew and finishing the Belt later.

So now for the Plates:
    Material for Plates: 1,5mm thick Alloy, lasercutted in L-Long size From the last mass production run.

I'am about to teach myself the "Repoussé and chasing" of Armorplates with Hammer and Hands. So this is what i got so far.

Tightplates

Knee's

Cod and the way of attaching it

Bootplates

I made them in exact this ascending Order postet here... thats why the earlier plates (tights) look more dented than the later ones. Hey i'm still learning.
    First i thought i gonna paint them gunmetal-grey but when i looked back. The Comics never shown something like a scratch of fissure. Only mud and dirt. The Cover of the First Open-Season comic shown polished Plates like later Jango had. And the colorswapped actionfigure also show no mark of an paintjob (except for the shoulders of course). Therefore i treated the surface of the plates with a power-drilled Steelbrush to give the plates a rough, grindy surface

Thats all so far guys.

I will update this more frequently then my last building thread.
    Last edited by Jaro Krieg; Aug 13, 2012 at 9:45 PM.
    Jun 26, 2012, 8:56 PM - Re: A konservative approach to Jaster Mereel ( potentially imageheavy ) #2

everything looks great and those pistols are amazing! I hope mine turn out as good as those did, wow, you wouldn't even know they were once water guns! great work so far, keep it up!
    Jun 30, 2012, 4:33 PM - Re: A konservative approach to Jaster Mereel ( potentially imageheavy ) #3

So

with new sewingneedles i was able to make the Holsters.
    I've gone with the 4 walled holster like the Actionfigure has

The Leather is the same as the broad underbelt. Its a bit lighter cause its wet for the hardening process

Anyway I've finished the Legplates so far.

I've took the time to flatten the Tightplates a bit more and give all plates that same shivering scratchlook that I've discovered recently
    Jul 5, 2012, 11:55 AM - Re: A konservative approach to Jaster Mereel ( potentially imageheavy ) #4

So after some delays (broken leatherneedles, Straps went out etc) I've finally finished the Belt.

I'ts arround 6,6 lbs - only leather.
    Jul 5, 2012, 10:11 PM - Re: A konservative approach to Jaster Mereel ( potentially imageheavy ) #5

Dang, I wish my holster/belt looked that amazing. Excellent work with it all!
    Jul 13, 2012, 4:32 PM - Re: A konservative approach to Jaster Mereel ( potentially imageheavy ) #6

The Suit with attached doublesleeves

he Double Sleeves are detachable.
    This is how they look from the back - an how they are attached.

I had this idea eventually when i saw the Jetpack-Hose of this guy. http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/299/schlauch.jpg The Hose magically disapears under the Ankle-pit and reappears under the Doublesleeve.
    Then I remembered these Armband flecktarn neutral - ASMC | Ausrüstung Sicherheit Militär Camping
    I still have mine from my army time - so i just took it as a template-> and cut the legs of an old olive pants of mine.
    Now i have two detachable Double-sleeves and a nice olive Capri-BDU-Pant XD (maybe i also could have buy two of these Shoulder Organizer Gen. II black - ASMC | Ausrüstung Sicherheit Militär Camping

Anyway I've made a testfit today

(the left Tightarmor need to be glued thats why its not on the picture)

I guess i could loose the grip of the Velcos at the Ankle's

Atleast i can knee as good as ever

In the End: There needs to be some minor work with the strapping and patches - but nothing big. And i have to make those Kneedarts i wanna make already. XD

The Tightplate btw are attached by thick elastic strap within the Suit (you can spot the Slits on the cleanshot of the Flightsuit). One strap uppwards to the belt and one strap around the leg.
  7. Member Since
    Feb 2012
    Sep 20, 2012, 6:08 PM - Re: A konservative approach to Jaster Mereel ( potentially imageheavy ) #7

Very nice work.
    Sep 20, 2012, 10:27 PM - Re: A konservative approach to Jaster Mereel ( potentially imageheavy ) #8

Very nice. Can't wait to see more.
    May 24, 2013, 2:53 PM - Re: A konservative approach to Jaster Mereel ( potentially imageheavy ) #9

I've thought about using aluminum instead of other materials; great looking armor! Great reference pics; I'll definitely try to incorporate some of these ideas into my own Jaster costume
  10. Member Since
    Dec 2012
    May 31, 2013, 2:44 PM - Re: A konservative approach to Jaster Mereel ( potentially imageheavy ) #10

How thick is the aluminium that you used?
  11. Member Since
    Dec 2012
    May 31, 2013, 4:01 PM - Re: A konservative approach to Jaster Mereel ( potentially imageheavy ) #11

Quote danielandre77 said: View Post
    How thick is the aluminium that you used?
    I just found it myself.
    Jun 3, 2013, 4:09 PM - Re: A konservative approach to Jaster Mereel ( potentially imageheavy ) #12

thanks for the credit:

As Update: The Project is a bit on a hold. I'm working curently on 4 Armors right now. Upgrading my Deathwatch 'gam ( http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f62/f...tal+deathwatch ) - Maintaining and upgrading my Main'gam ( https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...47456634_n.jpg ), this Jaster Mereel Sideproject and another secret mandalorian Project that will be revealed on Celebration Europe 2:

So according to CE2 the Jaster Armor ranks the lowes priority within those projects... But i estimate to get it done within this year.
  13. Member Since
    May 2013
    Jul 18, 2013, 3:07 AM - Re: A konservative approach to Jaster Mereel ( potentially imageheavy ) #13

Hey Jaro, do you remember what kind of guns those were originally? I think they look fantastic and would love to pick up a set myself.
    Jul 31, 2013, 10:41 AM - Re: A konservative approach to Jaster Mereel ( potentially imageheavy ) #14

sure

Afaik its a "Wave Thrower Water Blaster" from Lanard

Welcome to toy-superstore.co.uk - Moons Toy Shop online store - No.1 toy store in the region

i just modded the foregrip to a scope and sealed the waterscrew on the back with some resin
    Oct 8, 2013, 7:26 AM - Re: A konservative approach to Jaster Mereel ( potentially imageheavy ) #15

*blows away the dust*

On the last Armorparty i have found the Time to take care of the Torsoplates for this project.

I took the comics as orientation and gave the chestmuscles some room