Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Kid armor

Kid armor

has anyone ever done kids size armor that you will sell. I am 13 5foot 1 and a huge mando fan

I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    From
    Yadkinville NC

Re: Kid armor

Probably the easiest thing is to make it yourself =D You can probably do that alot cheaper than you can buy it.

There are alot of teenagers here who have done their own armor and it's come out looking really well.

I helped at SDCC '08 The Clayster's Avatar
    From
    Laughlin, NV

Yes this has been done before, and sold.

thanks guys, do you think for a custom mando use some catchers equipment like the legs to do a cool mando

From
    Yadkinville NC

People have different opinions on using sports gear. IMHO I have no problem with using SOME sorts gear such as shin guards. Football padding and the like I don't think would be very acceptable. You may be able to pull off using catchers equipment, but you may have to do ALOT of mods to it. Got some pics of it?

i mean just the leg duards cause their solid and you can paint them so maybe

From
    Yadkinville NC

It's a possibility!

ok thanks here are some pics also could it be an attempt by a mandalorian child for his coming of age type armor?

From
    Yadkinville NC

I think someone used something like this at DragonCon last year and pulled it off rather nicely.

Since these are setmented, you think you can loose the foot guard and everything above the top of the shin? I think that would probably work ok. You can bondo the holes in the shin armor if you felt like going that far =D

The only reason I say remove the knee pieces is because if you want to have Mando style knees...then those wont work. If your not gonna do mando knees then I would suggest giving those knees a good work-up like putting spikes on them or something. You want to take away the image of *Sports equipment* and give it the Mando image.

ok, do you think with some modding i could turn the knees into shoulder modding, also at c4 someone used BMX chest plate as the armor

From
    Laughlin, NV

Yep, it is all up to you, but I am strongly against Sporting Goods on costumes, unless it is accurate to that costume (Mara Jade).

No offense to you, I just don't like it (at all)

And it could be cheaper to buy some plastic and make your own armor.

you realize im young i play catcher so i have the pads and i will soon outgrow the armor so im trying to make as easy as possible for now

From
    Laughlin, NV

thejangofett! said: View Post
    you realize im young i play catcher so i have the pads and i will soon outgrow the armor so im trying to make as easy as possible for now
    So was I when I started costuming dude, I just had to buy newer stuff (Tie Pilot accesories)

So, Yes, I realize you are young, and will outgrow it.

Like I said in my earlier post:

Yep, it is all up to you, but I am strongly against Sporting Goods on costumes, unless it is accurate to that costume (Mara Jade).

No offense to you, I just don't like it

I don't care if you use it, but you asked opinions.

Go for it if you want to.

ok thanks at 16 im gonna make some neo-crusader armor that is accurate so thanks for your input

From
    Laughlin, NV

ok, do you think with some modding i could turn the knees into shoulder modding, also at c4 someone used BMX chest plate as the armor
    Uhm, I would rather not go off of that, you can buy a trash can and cut out Mandalorian armor.

If you can buy a trash can, or have one that your family doesn't use, then you can cut out some Mando armor from that.

no thanks im gonna do like a kid who is trying to make his armor but failed for his coming of age

From
    Laughlin, NV

no thanks im gonna do like a kid who is trying to make his armor but failed for his coming of age
    Alrighty then....

thanks for all your input

I will use a real mandalorian helmet and probably real gauntlets because those will last me a long time

From
    Laughlin, NV

I will use a real mandalorian helmet and probably real gauntlets because those will last me a long time
    What do you mean by real?

It depends on what material they are made out of.

im gonna order them from someone i have never costumed so i wouldn't know
    do you know anyone i could order them from?

From
    Laughlin, NV

im gonna order them from someone i have never costumed so i wouldn't know
    do you know anyone i could order them from?
    Well what is your budget?

That is first and foremost.

Whatever you do, do not buy on ebay, for anything Mando related.

right now i have 60 dollars, and my brother is getting ready for college so we are on a really tight budget so about 150 dollar budget

Nothing wrong with e-bay man.thats where I sell my armor.Please refrain from telling people not to shop there.As a matter of fact , a lot of reputable dealers like myself sell on the bay.

From
    Laughlin, NV

wickedbeard said: View Post
    Nothing wrong with e-bay man.thats where I sell my armor.Please refrain from telling people not to shop there.As a matter of fact , a lot of reputable dealers like myself sell on the bay.
    Well I wasn't refering to you, I was refering to one seller specifically, that makes armor, and does crappy custom work, and rips people off from it all.

Do you have any advice for the kid?