Kama

From
    Denver, Co

Kama

Howdy!

I may have missed it, so apologies in advance. I'm looking to do a kama for my custom Mando; I hope that y'all can steer me in the right direction for finding a pattern, or a source for them. Oh, and if anyone has suggestions for side arms, I'm all ears. There's the Jango blasters, Boba's EE-3 I know, but if someone's got other ideas, do share!

From
    Carlisle, IA, Outer Rim Territories

Re: Kama

if you can find a 'simplicity' pattern for a late 1800's topcoat w/ tails, the tails part would work, i think, w/ a little modification (the best part of all this). made out of canvas and/or leather, I think it would look allright.

as a side note, i've been doing doodads and various trophies for my kit. I'm in the process of getting a wook's Makashi-form saber into a looking piece, and pics online. a little after new-years, i'm trying to make a few creds/parts for little osik like such.

I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    From
    Yadkinville NC

Something many people don't take into account is that a Kama is not a square or rectangular piece of cloth/leather. It actually has a semi-circular shape about it, so that when you put it on it hangs square with no fold/flap over.

If you can, take a look at some of the thread in the following link. I don't normally send people away from TDH...but soft part resources for customs can be difficult to find.

Mandalorian Mercs Soft Parts board

From
    Denver, Co

Thanks! I'll take a look at that thread. Perhaps I should get ambitious and get registered over there at Mando mercs...

From
    Huntsville

PM sent