Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Judge Valcar = 2000ad Crossover Project

From
    Watford, England

Re: Judge Valcar = 2000ad Crossover Project

setra said: View Post
    fair play this looks great...im shaping and painting my bells today...might try to get the vok'chi symbol on one lol...if time allows for it!
    Nice one, Hope your bells turn out great.... remember don't rush.... hehe

From
    Boerne, Texas, United States

I may have missed it, but will there be a Rob Schneider costume being made along side this.

Seriously though, the armor is starting to look awesome.

From
    Watford, England

TxFett said: View Post
    I may have missed it, but will there be a Rob Schneider costume being made along side this.

Seriously though, the armor is starting to look awesome.

"I knew you'd say that" and thanks this is coming along great... upper body Armour next working on that this week....

From
    Watford, England

More work on the project has been made in the last 2 days.. I have now started to spray the Chest Armour... All I need to do know is spray the red sections on the belly plate, and touch up the Gold Chest Armour... then I can cover the front section and work on the back plate.... here is the progress pic so far....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails chest-armour-04-jpg  

From
    somewhere on an unknown battlefield...

It's looking great Valcar. I can't wait to get mine started. I'm thinking of setting up a CD to pay for mine. I just need to get a job first. Do ya think anyone would hire an armorless mando bounty hunter?

Just so ya know, I'm setting up a website to showcase some crossovers. I'm temporarily using freewebs till I can make up the website by scratch myself. I'll release it once it's up to public standards.
    And just to clear up the red tape,though I'm sure I know the answer, do you mind if I show some pictures of yours?

From
    Watford, England

Toragh said: View Post
    And just to clear up the red tape,though I'm sure I know the answer, do you mind if I show some pictures of yours?

Sure go ahead I don't mind, after all it's a crossover outfit, and if your sites going to be showcasing crossovers then why not... Send me the link sometime so I can check it out....

From
    Watford, England

Outfit update: Work has now started on the Shoulder plates. I have spent the last few says, spraying them. I have done the final layer of gold paint by hand on them for a raw look.

I have also finished the Chest Armour and the Back plate. Once the shoulder plates are dry, they will be fixed to the upper body armour, front and back.

I will update this also with some pics at some point in the next 2 days...

From
    Watford, England

I awoke to a nice dry day, so this ment a chance to take the stuff outside and get some pics.. Here is the progress on the Chest and back Armour... I may still add some more detail to the backplate after the shoulder plates are fixed in place.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails chest-armour-05-jpg   back-plate-armour-jpg  

From
    Watford, England

The shoulder plates are now finished, in terms of the paint work. I may still add a slight dirty finish to them, but I can make the choice when I see the outfit fully on. I still have to find a way to cover the nut&bolts on the inside of them yet.... but all the same here is the progress shots...

This is them together....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shoulder-plates-both-front-jpg  

From
    Watford, England

Here is a pic of the left and right Plates on there own... with a shot showing the outside arch....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shoulder-plate-left-jpg   shoulder-plate-right-jpg   shoulder-plate-arch-jpg  

formerly joNich
    From
    Columbus, OH

Amazing, Valcar...just amazing.

I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    From
    Yadkinville NC

I can't wait to see what the while outfit looks like work Valcar. You have done a bang up job =D

From
    The Cold Widwest

I never have commented on this, but I dont think I can hold out any longer, I absoutly cant get over how cool this is It looks absolutly awsome!

From
    Watford, England

Thanks guys, I have been pouring a lot of imagention into this crossover outfit. It's just a joy even for me to see how the vison is taking shape.

I was woundering if I was to be a Judge from the 2000ad world, just were would I call my Home Mega City.. Well the Mega Citys in the USA have been featured mainly in the Comic books. There have been a few Mega Citys around the world also featured in a few issues.

But as I hail from the UK, I can only be from one..... Brit-Cit.

This would also give reason to why my Judge Helmet has a full face, You would need a full face Helmet in this country.... cos most of the time it's raining...

Anyway... I also did a lot of resurch on the Brit-Cit, and found a cool site that makes a lot of the Judge Badges from around the world of the Judge Dredd Comics..

I was so pleased to find the one's used from the Brit-Cit Judges.
    Here is what it looks like... I am going to fix it to the front of the Left Shoulder plate......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails brit-cit-judge-badge-jpg  

From
    Watford, England

Now the Shoulder Plates are dry, I have now fixed the Judge logo onto the left plate using valcro... here is how it looks...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shoulder-plate-left-close-up-judge-badge-2-jpg   shoulder-plates-both-front-2-jpg  

From
    Watford, England

Well with things going the way they have this last few days on this project, why stop now for a breather.... Today I have also fixed the shoulder plates to the Front and back of the upper body Armour.

And I can't stop looking at how its turned out.... It's turned out better than I had ever thought. Here is how it looks from the front and back...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails chest-armour-fixed-place-front-jpg   chest-armour-fixed-place-back-jpg  

From
    Watford, England

All I need to do now is a little touch ups to the Armour, and then I can work more on the soft parts of the outfit. I am now going to be turning towards the belt section...

Here is a sneek pre-view of how it looks on... I'm not of course going to be have it worn over the T-shirt in the pic... lol

What do you guy's n dolls think ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails how-looks-front-helmet-jpg  

From
    The Cold Widwest

Im going to hafe to say.....I LOVE it. What color(s) are you going to use for your jumpsuit, gloves,etc?

I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    From
    California USA

Wow! Looks like a Mando Commando.

From
    Watford, England

jodo said: View Post
    Im going to hafe to say.....I LOVE it. What color(s) are you going to use for your jumpsuit, gloves,etc?

Thanks Jodo, I'm going to use a Black jumpsuit, with Black gloves. That way all the Armour will stand out very well..

From
    Watford, England

MandalorFett said: View Post
    Wow! Looks like a Mando Commando.

Thanks MandalorFett, yeah it has the look of a Mando Commando, thats was never my vison it would look like, but thats not a bad thing.... I will also be adding a Gold spine to the back plate to finish it off......

From
    The Cold Widwest

Darth Valcar said: View Post
    Thanks Jodo, I'm going to use a Black jumpsuit, with Black gloves. That way all the Armour will stand out very well..

I was hoping you would go with all black as shown above in your custom design in this thread, as apose to the Judge's green gloves, etc. Can't get over how good it looks man!

From
    Watford, England

Thanks jodo. Yeah im keeping as close to my design pic as possible. It just would not work with any other colour than Black..

I though I would show a few pics of my Judges Lightsaber. I am using it in place of truncheon...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lightsaber-jpg   lightsaber-2-jpg  

From
    Watford, England

Well the Upper Armour is looking good. Today I have now fixed the back spine to the Back plate. All that remains is too paint a few of the bolts that are new. I will also be fixing a gold chain to the Armour, I will run it around the top of the Collar Armour and loop it over the back.

Here is how it looks outside at this point... what do you think...

Oh and Happy Fathers Day to all You Mando's out there....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails chest-rig-front-01-jpg   chest-rig-back-01-jpg  

That is really, really cool bro.