Subscribe
    Jun 5, 2008, 5:28 PM - Jodo's Cade Skywalker WIP #1

Another project! I know I know! Finish your first one, don't move onto your third and fourth one! Well, guess what? I've got sintra, and I'm not afraid to use it!

I started out about two weeks ago by grabbing some of my old templates which were never finished, started doing a few things with them, and then found that I'd essentialy made a Cade Skywalker-esq. template. I then decided from then, that I would at least do the chest peices correctly, even if it meant not putting together the entire thing, Vader shins,etc. It would be something easy to wear, and would still be great for manning booths,etc. at Cons.

Aside from the Cade peices, I also did a few other templates for a couple diffrent other costumes I've got in mind, so that I can make the most of my peices, enspecialy the soft parts. I plan to grab a Fett/Mando backplate this time around for both Cade, and my TEOD Kast. I'm not going to mess around with the gigantic peice of sintra. Here's my refrence pics. and templates as of now. I need some bigger peices of paper to complete the tops of each chest peice "bra strap". I also need to make my slant of the chest peices more rounder, and the bottom sides more wider, but I'll take care of that, and the straps later when I can have some gigantic paper that accomodates such things. -

REFRENCE -

WIP Templates -

I don't know about the belt yet, but I'm for certain that I'll be buying 2 sets of leather Mauser pouches here fairly soon, as they're a near exact match. -

Ideas, and constructive criticism is always appreciated.
  2. I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    Jun 5, 2008, 6:35 PM - Re: Jodo's Cade Skywalker WIP #2

Just so you know, the creator of Cade said she always envisioned the chest and ab armor as thick leather.
    Jun 5, 2008, 6:59 PM - Re: Jodo's Cade Skywalker WIP #3

Well see, thats what I've been wondering about was how I would still make it "mobile" as armor can stand to be, and how I would attach each stomach plate to the other. I thought about taking a page out of medival costuming, and allowing each peice to "slide" past one another. I'm deffintly going to stick to hard parts, but seeing this as leather would be preety cool.

I'm still on the fence about the Vader pants, and where I might pick just the pants up, instead of a full jumpsuit. As well as the Vader shins, I'll be needing those for sure. As well as the leather belt. I'm also making it a goal to get back into shape, so hopefully this project will act as a goal for me to build some muscle mass and be a little bit leaner.
    Jun 5, 2008, 8:13 PM - Re: Jodo's Cade Skywalker WIP #4

I made templates long time ago for someone, they said it worked really well. it includes the back plate.. you want it?
    Jun 5, 2008, 9:12 PM - Re: Jodo's Cade Skywalker WIP #5

I actualy already have those, I originaly tried to use them way back when (2006 I do beleive), but they where to small and out of proportion in certain areas to my body type. (WOW is my body type. ) Thanks for the offer though!
  6. Member Since
    May 2009
    May 4, 2009, 11:07 PM - Re: Jodo's Cade Skywalker WIP #6

Looks cool so far, has there been any progress on it?
  7. Formely Jaing Skirata A'den Skirata's Avatar
    May 5, 2009, 12:23 AM - Re: Jodo's Cade Skywalker WIP #7

Nice templates! I actually moddled my chest, over the shoulder and back plates on Cade's design. My brother used the ab plate design for his.

Can't wait to see how it comes along!
    May 6, 2009, 9:20 AM - Re: Jodo's Cade Skywalker WIP #8

Quote Metal Chaos said: View Post
    Looks cool so far, has there been any progress on it?
    Thanks, but no, aside from a few diffrent templates being thrown around, I've just not got the "exact" one I want.
  9. Member Since
    May 2009
    May 6, 2009, 11:14 AM - Re: Jodo's Cade Skywalker WIP #9

i too plan to make a cade skywalker costume. i think the hardest parts will be making his gun and his chest armor, his saber hilt should be easy to make.

Have you any ideas on what to use as a abse for his gun? I'd been looking at different nerf guns and airsoft guns to find something i can build off of but have no real luck in finding a decent base yet.
    May 6, 2009, 8:07 PM - Re: Jodo's Cade Skywalker WIP #10

Someone on the RPF did the shotgun, as well as the belts. But personaly, I've got a "deer hunter" game shotgun that looks pretty cool. I've not realy put much thought into the belts/gun/soft parts realy. I have a bunch of projects going, and I'm always scatter brained.
  11. Jun 28, 2009, 5:20 AM - Re: Jodo's Cade Skywalker WIP #11

Hey cool armor. I am also doing a similiar design. I kind of want to do a starkiller/cade hybred the chest cade and the collar starkiller. I already have the pieces cut out for cade style, debating if I want to go back to do the collar.

Also I bought a air gun to help with the shotgun for cade. I think it looks really cool. I am still pretty new on here what does RPF stand for? I want to check out his shotgun.