Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Jax Returns!

From
    Three weeks in every direction

Re: Jax Returns!

You have some sort of gift for Rubies helmets. Seriously...

Any tips on how you got them to look so good?

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

that is probably the best "boobs" armor i've seen that contours to the shape without being overtly boobs. in those group shots with her helmet on she could be mistaken for a man.

Saint, is that a good thing or a bad thing? there are also abtou 4 other girls in that pic with Bullock i beleive as well.

From
    The Cold Widwest

Wow. Just....wow. Well....where do I start? Nice boobs? Sorry, couldn't resist. Thats one awsome costume, both of them are! And guns......Mandos hafe to have guns, and you have them. So by the power that I hold over all Mandos, I now announce you two, very awsome Mandos.

yeah. the helmet that the female mando used to be my yellow rubies jango re-paint. the FG buckets were too big for her, so i sucked it up and repainted my old helmet for her new costume.

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

bh-7603 said: View Post
    Saint, is that a good thing or a bad thing? there are also abtou 4 other girls in that pic with Bullock i beleive as well.
    to me that a good thing, in my mind i don't think a woman of a warrior race would want to go into battle wearing armor that screams, "LOOK AT MY BOOOOOOOOOOOOBS!!!!"

From
    Sunny Sarlacc Pit, NE Florida

saint_nasty said: View Post
    to me that a good thing, in my mind i don't think a woman of a warrior race would want to go into battle wearing armor that screams, "LOOK AT MY BOOOOOOOOOOOOBS!!!!"
    Oh yes, she would....she would use EVERY advantage she has in battle...most males talk to a woman's boobs first, then her eyes second...
    Rob

did some weathering...again.

let me knwo what you think?

so finnaly built some stuff for lisa again tonight. took about 45 minutes or less for the shaping and about 3 hours for the multiple layers of painting with breaks to watch episodes of House.

pics. enjoy!

started out with this 12.97 4'x4' peice of aluminum. and it goes from there.

i know i have to beat up the red stripe area a bit more, that will be tonight.

From
    solihull,west midlands,UK

brilliant armor!!
    i look forward to seeing more pics

You must be one seriously tough mando. Your armor looks like you been beat to death a half dozen times. I love the weathering as always. Thats also some really nice aluminum work.

yeah. its not very "smooth" but i used the same methods that i made my upper armor with. so her lower armor doesnt math the build. if that makes sence. wanted it to look like a possible hasty add on, due to change in tactics, or whatever. you cant really tell anyway.

for now i think we're gonna just velcro the plates to her pants, but will add balistic padding before comic con.

as for my stuff. im prolly gonna replace my colar peice, as i dont really like it anyway. gotta get the angle right. plus add the cod peice tonight.

From
    Three weeks in every direction

Hey 7603...what do you use to cut out your aluminum plates with?

snips.

updated my collar peice as ive never liked the straight across look.

added a cod peice

yes i know its needs to be adjusted.

I helped at SDCC '08 Prudii Solu's Avatar
    From
    Tucson, AZ

bh-7603 said: View Post
    Looks awesome!!! I love the Stormtrooper gauntlets. :thumbup

Wow :P Love the look of your armour... doesn't look like a guy in a costume, more like someone you'd actually be afraid of if you met in a dark bar somewhere...

thank you.

i've actually been com[paring my armor to the actual templates. they are a bi on the small side. strange. however i've always thought my ab plate was too far away from my non existant cod plate (now that i have one)

i'm gonna try and update the heavty armor lower leg guards this week, and update the cod plate a bit more, and lower it a tad.

after all these years the velcro is stating to wear off my vest. it might just be time to make a compleately new one with new velcro, etc. may snaps. just never been much of a fan of the installation process. i'm pretty hard on my gear, and i dont want anything to fall off.

how do my boots look? my new collar plate? any opinions?

From
    Grand Forks, ND

I like the new collar Jax, your old one looked a bit.. off.. with the dip between the chest plates. Your boots look better too..tho i'm not sure about how your shin armor..looks a little bit thick to me, it could just be the angle of the pics too.

But overall.. i'm still liking your amor

well actually ive never changed my boots. harley davidson boots with a mean sole and no laces

the shins are colonial marine shins from aliens. Shados shoulder bells and my old ones used to be the knee plates off of the same kit.

not sure what you mean abtou a dip between the chest plates. it was just straight across. the new one angles up properly.

the shins are compleatly surroundign my calves.

not sure WHO these will be for. me or Lisa.

but here are my scratch built aluminum gauntlets. or at least the left one today.

and one knee

what do you think? I know the join points are a bit "rough" and i need ot get hinges, but it'll work for now.

now the only thing is. what to use for flamethrower tops and that missle thing.

automotive primer

hammered (no, not you Steve) bronze undercoat

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

It may just be me, but why build it out of metal only to prime right over it? Seems to defeat the purpose.

well. look at the rest of my armor. still think the same thing?

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

It seems like buying a Cold Cast helmet, only to spraypaint it silver.

From
    Northern California

I really like your custom Mandalorian. You've put a tremendous amount of creativity and effort into it, and it shows!

I do alot of Colonial Marine trooping, and spotted the shin armor and PR right away. Nice! A cool "crossover"! 8)

Your attention to detail, weathering, etc. are second to none. Very well done. Lisa's armor is awesome as well.

Frakkin' cool! 8)