Jaite Naast Helmet....wip

formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    From
    Manchester, England

Jaite Naast Helmet....wip

I thought I would take some time out to post photos of my Super Commando helmet no I almost got done with painting it.

This helmet is a bradleyfett vac formed jobby with rattle can paint.

What do you think?

From
    Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Jaite Naast Helmet....wip

Its looking very nice, Im assuming you didnt finish the front mandible/cheek section yet?

From
    Three weeks in every direction

I'm assuming that as well, but everything else is awesome looking.

From
    Manchester, England

I have built the helmet the kit up and have painted the entire thing. I am not painting over an existing scheme, however my intention was to make it look like that was the case. Or do you think the green/green and burgundy just does not work?

From
    Dark Side of the Moon

old_jedi_mind_trick said: View Post
    I have built the helmet the kit up and have painted the entire thing. I am not painting over an existing scheme, however my intention was to make it look like that was the case. Or do you think the green/green and burgundy just does not work?
    Its your custom, but IMO, it just dosnt "flow" with the rest of the colors. I get what your saying, but thats how I feel.

I helped at SDCC '08 Hagen_Nor'ak's Avatar
    From
    NorCal

I would agree with Chris. I'd say continue the Blue Orange/Yellow skeem on the lower cheeks or contiune the burnt orange color from the back of the Helm onto the cheeks. The Green there just seems to clash with everything.

Maybe paint over the green and have it weathered so you can still see it under the top layer. Might still give you the painted over effect your looking for.
    Last edited by Hagen_Nor'ak; Mar 9, 2008 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Cause I had an idea... and it hurt my head 8p.

From
    Three weeks in every direction

Yes. I would say keep the green and red since you like it, but paint over it with the other colors. Then stratch away some portions so that you can see the original colors underneath.

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Yeah, the colour scheme looks like you're repainting a Boba helmet, but aren't quite finished yet.

I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    From
    Yadkinville NC

IMHO, make the cheeks the same color as the lower back of the helmet.

i agree with the rest , i think orange flat cheeks would work. just my op. But what ever you like bro , is your mando.

From
    Manchester, England

tubachris85x said: View Post
    Its your custom, but IMO, it just dosnt "flow" with the rest of the colors. I get what your saying, but thats how I feel.
    I hope I didn't come off like I didn't like what you were saying Bro, I was just explaining it was painted from scratch.

Thanks for all the comments guys, seems to be a strong consensus here Which I suppose is good, the bucket was meant to look like a miss match affair, maybe it worked too well

I think I will wait till the rest of the costume is together, in a week or so with any luck, and post photos of it complete. The armour is mostly green so that may help, although a repaint is not out of the question. Also the dome needs to be weathered in which will tone the bright colours down a little.

Cheers for all you comments guys, watch this space.