Hello all. As most of you will know I am currently building a Boba Fett SE, but some may not know that as a side project I started to build a Mandalorian SuperCommando, which I named Jaite Naast.
I started the project for a couple of reasons, firstly I had purchased some fine items from eBay, which after finding TDH I knew were not going to help get my Boba cleared to troop. Secondly, I had never made a costume before, but the information I found here and a few other places gave me the confidence to try.
I have learned a massive amount on the way to completing him and found a lot of respect for you guys. The standard is that high here that you only notice the bad things on a costume when presented, this has made me highly critical of my own and I hope this has paid off in the end result.
This is my Mandalorian and how he came to exist.
Jaite Naast - for hire.
I will start with the Helmet. Here it is finished.
The bucket is a Bradleyfett vac formed kit, found right here on TDH. I am really happy with it. It may be lacks the sharp edges that you find on a Fiberglass helmet, it is vac formed, but this makes it very light and easy to wear. I would definitely recommend one (infact I just ordered another one). It came in kit form but I don't have a photo of the kit (can anyone post a kit photo?), anyway I opened the box to find a Mando helmet in three pieces and rough trimmed and thought there was no way I was going to make this work! I soon started trimming (hence the lack of photos), and was surprised to find the plastic was really very easy to work with. This gave me the confidence to then go with the Fettpride V3 armour, anyway I soon had the basic helmet together. I should comment about the helmet feeling solid when constructed, like one piece. It does not sag or bend anywhere. What with the lack of dent it is perfect for a "custom"
I bought a welders mask which made a great T visor. I also used the adjustable headband from the mask inside the helmet, and one of the off cuts for my chest armor display too! When I had built the bucket up I did get the dome a little off center, which resulted in the "turn arrows" being about 4mm out of center, this helped me go with the Concept Boba style Triangle and I simply filled in the original arrows.
Then I started painting!
For the colour scheme of my Mando's Helmet I wanted to stay close to the timeline of Boba. Please note I have not read any of the EU stuff. The basic Idea was to go with a helmet that Jaite had acquired and he only ever paint the dome, so what ever is under stays as acquired. Inspiration for the colours and the scheme were other Star Wars characters (concept included) and Formula One.
Blue for the base, based on Schu's pre Ferrari days.
Then the Yellow, for the new kid Lewis (who got it from Senna anyways )
Then the addition of an ali stalk, thanks Sixxgunn13 and the RF. I was not too fond of the simple resin cast one supplied and so, in keeping with the heavily damaged and dirty look, I decided to go the whole hog and have a shot to bits RF. This was made with the resin cast, the laser from a PS2 and some epoxy putty. I am pleased with the result.
Next time find out about the gauntlet rebuild.