As some of you may know me, I tend to be a bit of a perfectionsist and with all my helmet work taking up all my time, it's been hard to start, despite the amount of prodding from the guys here and on mercs.
Anyhoo, you also may know that a heavy dump of snow brought Britain to a halt a few weeks ago and made it impossible for me to make helmets due to the cold delaying the cure time for the resin.
So I badgered my mom to help me sew up my vest and she did a fantastic job of it.
Ok time for piccies.
My original concept:
I'm now going with silver as opposed to gold, it was influenced by that secret santa present I made.
Some of my soft parts and my cat...
Here are my plates bent around my frame and stuck to me with tape
Then me dressed up in all the soft parts with the vest my mommy kindly sewed for me:
I decided to go the snaps route, I first tried glueing the snaps, but they got pulled off when I tried to remove the snaps, after much thought, I decided that I would have to put a hole into the plate and cross the bridge of covering the hole when I came to it.
Firstly there was the chest plates:
And I did a quick sketch to see what the plates would look like with the pattern from my original concept:
Then I just popped all the plates and attached them to the vest:
Now I was at the bridge, I decided to cover the holes with some fiberglass, file it down and then cover the whole plate with a cold cast of Aluminium:
Voila! Holes begone!!!
Now my UK clan have had a thought and have decided that all people who will be allowed to troop must show the clan symbol, there was further discussion and it was "generally" agreed that the clan colours were gold and black, so I decided to cold cast in bronze for the plate on the side.
Lots of buffing later:
And me looking buff... *Ahem*
The plate will have the logo done tomorrow hopefully, I may hand paint it on, as stencilling might be a bit tough with the way the symbol's been designed.
Anyhoo, that's my current progress.