Subscribe
  1. Jun 15, 2009, 8:52 PM - idea for female armor... #1

i have seen a few ladies use these on the merc forums and thier armor turned out really well...

i think they would be really easy to work with, as they are only 1/8" thick...

questions, comments, and concerns are more than welcome!
    Jun 15, 2009, 10:47 PM - Re: idea for female armor... #2

Lone Wolf's Rav Bralor seems to have worked really well using one http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=31903

Just be careful to find one that is fairly smooth (ie no belly button like the one on the right) and seems to be about the right size and it should work.
    Jun 15, 2009, 10:58 PM - Re: idea for female armor... #3

i've heard of that working out well.
    Jun 16, 2009, 1:10 AM - Re: idea for female armor... #4

I was confused at first, but now I get it and that seems like a brilliant idea.
  5. Jun 16, 2009, 12:16 PM - Re: idea for female armor... #5

awesome....i'll be ordering one at some point this week to get started!!! (im so excited about it!!!)
    i'm going to have to be patient though, because i'm moving in august and need to start packing lol. *shakes fist & grumbles* stupid responsibilities!
    Jun 16, 2009, 12:39 PM - Re: idea for female armor... #6

I suggested this idea in one of psberetta's threads back in 2006, I never got to see how it turned out. Definitely cheap enough to try. if you do an eBay search on "hanging mannequin", you'll get a number of shapes and sizes to choose from.
  7. Jun 16, 2009, 1:25 PM - Re: idea for female armor... #7

i actually found the pair in that picture on ebay, cost included i can get the pair for around $26 *grins* that way in case any mistakes are made (which i am prepared for) i have a back up!
    Jun 16, 2009, 1:57 PM - Re: idea for female armor... #8

just be aware that the one on the right will be really hard to get a collar or ab plate out of due to the detailing on it, so as long as you're really carefull with those on the other one you should have a spare for most of the other parts.
  9. Jun 16, 2009, 3:03 PM - Re: idea for female armor... #9

Quote Dr3w said: View Post
    just be aware that the one on the right will be really hard to get a collar or ab plate out of due to the detailing on it, so as long as you're really carefull with those on the other one you should have a spare for most of the other parts.

i might send the seller a message and ask them if i can have a pair of the one on the left, as the right would be very difficult to get a collar piece from...i'd be more than likely up to my elbows with bondo if i tried to get a collar piece out of the one on the right.

thanks for the tip!
  10. I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    Jun 16, 2009, 3:14 PM - Re: idea for female armor... #10

Another thing to is that you can always make your collar and ab plates out of different materials. Those pieces are fairly generic between most kits, so if you had to it wouldn't be much of an issue.
  11. Jun 16, 2009, 4:12 PM - Re: idea for female armor... #11

Quote NovallTalon said: View Post
    Another thing to is that you can always make your collar and ab plates out of different materials. Those pieces are fairly generic between most kits, so if you had to it wouldn't be much of an issue.

i've been reading ALOT online and watching tutorials on how to use sintra, and i think i'd be able to do that fairly easily...the trick is finding it in knoxville...but i dont think that will be a problem for me as i am fairly resourceful