Howdy Vode!

From
    Cowtown, Texas

Howdy Vode!

lol, nothin' like a little Texan mixed with Mando.

Anyway, a quickie introduction, and on to the question...

I'm Blake, and a buddy and me are starting our own custom Mandalorian costumes. We're already experienced in anything from a half-assed Darth Vader, a screen accurate Ghostbuster costume/proton pack, to several custom lightsabers.

We've just ordered a couple Rubies Jango helmets. I know, I know, you get what you pay for, but they'll be a good start, and good practice. I'm sure we'll upgrade to something better in the future.

The question: Is there a good photo that would serve as a template for playing with colors in the design of our armor? I think we're both leaning a little more toward a Jango look than a Boba, but really anything would work. An all white image like this would be perfect to play with in photoshop:

Thanks in advance for any help y'all might be able to provide.

Vode An!

From
    Baltimore,MD

Re: Howdy Vode!

Hello GAR. I'm new here too. I have been looking for a nice blank image too, but haven't had much luck though. Welcome to TDH.

GAR Mando said:
    a half-assed Darth Vader
    I'm experienced in that too!

Hi, Gar. I used to have a coloring image of Boba, but now I can't find it. I'll do more searching, but if I can't find it, there's also an image of Jango at StarWars.com, under the Kids section and in the Coloring book section. You'll have to take a screenshot of the screen to get it since it's in Flash. I'd get it for you, but for some reason when I click Jango, it just brings up the same image choices again.

-Chris

GAR Mando said:
    lol, nothin' like a little Texan mixed with Mando.

Anyway, a quickie introduction, and on to the question...

I'm Blake, and a buddy and me are starting our own custom Mandalorian costumes. We're already experienced in anything from a half-assed Darth Vader, a screen accurate Ghostbuster costume/proton pack, to several custom lightsabers.

We've just ordered a couple Rubies Jango helmets. I know, I know, you get what you pay for, but they'll be a good start, and good practice. I'm sure we'll upgrade to something better in the future.

The question: Is there a good photo that would serve as a template for playing with colors in the design of our armor? I think we're both leaning a little more toward a Jango look than a Boba, but really anything would work. An all white image like this would be perfect to play with in photoshop:

Thanks in advance for any help y'all might be able to provide.

Vode An!
    Those are actually great helmets for customs.Cannot wait to see some of your work.

From
    Cowtown, Texas

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

I'll keep looking myself for a good template. I'll post up here if/when I find one.

From
    Cowtown, Texas

Best I've found so far...

From
    Cowtown, Texas

Well, rather than keep looking for a good picture of a neutral Mandalorian, I decided to do some Photoshop work and make one neutral. So I found one on Google...
    (Thank you to whoever made this great costume)

And I desaturated everything...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mando-template-desat3-jpg  

From
    Cowtown, Texas

And then created paths outlining the helmet, armor, and jumpsuit on 3 different layers. I then filled those layers at 100% cyan, used the opacity slider on the layers to get the transparency I needed, and adjusted the hue/saturation to get the color I wanted. 8)

A little battle worn Copper...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my-mando-custom3-jpg  

The copper looks good bro. Ready for our helmets to get here.

From
    Cowtown, Texas

Jester said:
    The copper looks good bro. Ready for our helmets to get here.
    hahah, awesome. Glad you found this place. This look about like you're thinkin' for yours?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mando-custom-jester-jpg  

GAR Mando said:
    hahah, awesome. Glad you found this place. This look about like you're thinkin' for yours?
    Pretty much, but darker. More pronounced black stripes and dark gauntlets, etc.

I think that guy is SEEKER